IGNORED

Eliasson

BCFC OF SWEDEN

I think LJ feels that COD is better defensively and that Leeds would put us under pressure and require that defensive ability. COD was actually disengaged and pretty dire defensively and Eliasson did more in his 20 odd minutes on the pitch than COD did in over an hour. Why he didn't start is a mystery to me, we need him

For me i think weimann should be up top or on the bench not put on the wing when Eliasaon is on the bench. I think LJ likes Cod for being a indirect and playing inbetween the lines , so less predictable . 

I do agree though Eliasson should be starting. 

It’s unfortunate, though I believe he benched him more as a tactical ploy to affect the game later on. Didn’t work as we were too far behind before he brought him on.

Didn't go to plan.

Thought the same about Sammy. Thought he’d be on if we were level going into the final third.

There is the argument that COD might be better defensively although yesterday he certainly was not. Personally I felt that once again Leeds outsmarted us . We have players like Eliasson that could have set them more problems but we seemed to be more set up to contain. Pack in midfield just heightened the problem. We seem to have a mindset that against the better teams we play it safe rather than playing to strengths like Eliasson.

Unfortunately I feel we then do the oppositions job for them. Let’s face it Leeds never had to get out of first gear. Early on Kasey was the main outlet but he seemed to drop further back as the game went on. Matty Taylor caused more problems in a few minutes that Fam had in the rest of the game, although maybe it’s just because he seems to have a more positive attitude and will not be intimidated. Our home record last year was awful because teams came and bossed us. We do have players that can beat that but we have to play them from the start. Hopefully we’ll have a few more in this week.

43 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

For me i think weimann should be up top or on the bench not put on the wing when Eliasaon is on the bench. I think LJ likes Cod for being a indirect and playing inbetween the lines , so less predictable . 

Nail on head... Weimann is poor when played right flank, he constantly drifts inside so is not available on right flank for an out ball, offers no defensive cover (Hunt frequently was left 1 on 2 because of this). Even when Weimann makes a good run wide and is found (not that often), his crossing is not great. Eliasson should have been on from the start instead of Weimann, or you play Weimann up front and central where he wants to be.

COD does offer more defensively and I guess LJ thought COD would be inspired by being 'in the shop window', but unfortunately he played poorly. 

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

Eliasson starting,, Weimann 'up top' with Diedhiou.....not rocket science & gives the opposition something rather than nothing to think about.

14 hours ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Ok i’m from Sweden and maybe not neutral, but can somebody explain for me why O’Dowda was starting instead of Eliasson today?

COD does not want to play for us.

Eliasson did the assist today. Play him more and he will win the assist league for the whole championship.

Some things passeth all understanding.

I imagine 98% of City fans thought the same as you, mate.

2 hours ago, Will b11 said:

It was great to see Eliasson cutting on his right a couple of times  in 1v1 situations making him more unpredictable, meanwhile O’Dowda just goes in straight lines down the left hand side 

I agree, normally he'll stand the defender up, shimmy on the ball and swing one in on his left, but yesterday he cut down onto his right and got a ball across the box, one would have been very dangerous if Fammy hadn't got it stuck between him and the defender.

Got to be one of the first names on the team sheets for me purely for the quality of delivery he has.

16 hours ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Eliasson did the assist today. Play him more and he will win the assist league for the whole championship.

I'm not sure I'd call it an assist when Weimann created the whole chance himself to be honest...

(I would've started Eliasson over O'Dowda though.)

Archived