IGNORED

Steward who fell over the netting in the away end...

Rich VFR

Not relevant to this point but as a Leeds supporter can I just clarify the reason for the reduced allocation/empty seats in the away end yesterday? Did the police order this or was it Bristol City? Is this due to damage Leeds fans caused in a previous season or damage caused by Swansea fans or what exactly? Just wanting to confirm the reason, because obviously a lot of seats were covered up and unavailable.

57 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Not relevant to this point but as a Leeds supporter can I just clarify the reason for the reduced allocation/empty seats in the away end yesterday? Did the police order this or was it Bristol City? Is this due to damage Leeds fans caused in a previous season or damage caused by Swansea fans or what exactly? Just wanting to confirm the reason, because obviously a lot of seats were covered up and unavailable.

It’s because Leeds, Villa and Swansea fans can’t behave themselves in larger numbers, bit unfair to all the other teams who do behave

So it was a Bristol City or a police decision? And will other clubs receive allocation of, say, 3700 that we had one season? Not arguing with the decision, just a few of our supporters were not sure by who or exactly why the decision had been made. 

4 minutes ago, Verloc said:

So it was a Bristol City or a police decision? And will other clubs receive allocation of, say, 3700 that we had one season? Not arguing with the decision, just a few of our supporters were not sure by who or exactly why the decision had been made. 

Perhaps @JulieH can clarify for you?

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

Verloc, its nothing to do with leeds being leeds etc. That is the most any away team is going to get this season.

Just seen this. Seems a bit odd. What's the reason? Reduce police costs?  

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Perhaps @JulieH can clarify for you?

OK, thanks.

12 minutes ago, Verloc said:

6 minutes ago, Verloc said:

OK, thanks.

Verloc, i don't think its an odd thing really. Many away clubs are starting to reduce what they give away fans, there are no advantages to the home team by giving the away fans more tickets.

This has even been proven really in a way, that we score more goals infront of our home fans than away fans. I think its a sensible decision to be honest.

19 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Verloc, i don't think its an odd thing really. Many away clubs are starting to reduce what they give away fans, there are no advantages to the home team by giving the away fans more tickets.

This has even been proven really in a way, that we score more goals infront of our home fans than away fans. I think its a sensible decision to be honest.

OK. I understand what you are saying. I just thought clubs also wanted to maximise the income/revenue they received at each and every home game. So if 1k or 2k or how ever many seats are left empty, then obviously that reduces the income Bristol City receive from that game.  

1 minute ago, Verloc said:

OK. I understand what you are saying. I just thought clubs also wanted to maximise the income/revenue they received at each and every home game. So if 1k or 2k or how ever many seats are left empty, then obviously that reduces the income Bristol City receive from that game.  

Only likely to lose out on that income from a small amount of clubs in the division though. Wont effect much in the grand scheme of things. 

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think there is a committee which includes Bristol City, the police and other interested parties which makes those decisions.  It's called the Sags or something isn't it?

Name rings a bell - Steering Advisory Group or something, though you would know better than me. Sounds like 2,000 is allocation for EVERY team this season. I wasn't aware of that. 

Been told a couple of times Leeds fans smashed up the toilets. That doesn’t help when it comes to allocations. From what I’ve read I thought it was the clubs decision, but after Swansea it may have been influenced by the Police

Just now, LastManStanding said:

Only likely to lose out on that income from a small amount of clubs in the division though. Wont effect much in the grand scheme of things. 

OK, I'm with you now?As a side issue, is your owner incredibly wealthy? Not really clued up on the personal wealth of Mr Lansdown.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Been told a couple of times Leeds fans smashed up the toilets. That doesn’t help when it comes to allocations. From what I’ve read I thought it was the clubs decision, but after Swansea it may have been influenced by the Police

OK. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Maintaining home advantage by not having a huge wall of away fans behind the goal is more important than a bit more income.

What percentage of the capacity at Elland Road is given over to away fans btw?

20 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Name rings a bell - Steering Advisory Group or something, though you would know better than me. Sounds like 2,000 is allocation for EVERY team this season. I wasn't aware of that. 

I think it's safety advisory group IIRC Verloc.

Well played yesterday by the way, I was very impressed with Leeds.

I thought as @Nogbad the Badsays it was to dilute the away fans from being so intimidating . A thinner line spread across behind the goal and pushed towards the back was deemed to be the best solution. Of course the risk of them being able to access the pitch is minimalised too, maybe that is the main factor and we’ve just made sure we can use the netting to our best advantage too.

I believed there was some discussion about giving part of the Atyeo back to home fans too when the allocation taken up by the away fans was expected to be minimal. It was going to be used as an over flow for casual pay on the day fans. Don’t know what happened with these discussions, I guess it was decided against.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Maintaining home advantage by not having a huge wall of away fans behind the goal is more important than a bit more income.

What percentage of the capacity at Elland Road is given over to away fans btw?

The allocation is around 2600 in a stadium that holds around 37000, so that's only 7%. Think you have to provide a minimum of 2,000 to away fans in the Championship. Some of our fans start getting annoyed by reduced allocations without knowing the reason(s) so I was just trying to find out why we had a smaller allocation yesterday.  

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I think it's safety advisory group IIRC Verloc.

Well played yesterday by the way, I was very impressed with Leeds.

Ah yes, that name makes more sense. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the Leeds performance. Though very early days, obviously. We have a ridiculously small squad and I'm also not sure how strong (or otherwise) Bristol City as a team is this season. Again, you'll know better than me about this, though I obviously saw the departure of Webster.  

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I thought as @Nogbad the Badsays it was to dilute the away fans from being so intimidating . A thinner line spread across behind the goal and pushed towards the back was deemed to be the best solution. Of course the risk of them being able to access the pitch is minimalised too, maybe that is the main factor and we’ve just made sure we can use the netting to our best advantage too.

I believed there was some discussion about giving part of the Atyeo back to home fans too when the allocation taken up by the away fans was expected to be minimal. It was going to be used as an over flow for casual pay on the day fans. Don’t know what happened with these discussions, I guess it was decided against.

OK. Thanks for explaining that. I'll report back to those Leeds fans who were asking (or complaining??) It's very difficult to get tickets for Leeds away games when the allocation is relatively small.

3 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Ah yes, that name makes more sense. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the Leeds performance. Though very early days, obviously. We have a ridiculously small squad and I'm also not sure how strong (or otherwise) Bristol City as a team is this season. Again, you'll know better than me about this, though I obviously saw the departure of Webster.  

Will Luke Ayling be good enough to get back in the side, without squad rotation?

Just now, Verloc said:

OK. Thanks for explaining that. I'll report back to those Leeds fans who were asking (or complaining??) It's very difficult to get tickets for Leeds away games when the allocation is relatively small.

It isn’t relatively small. It’s the rules. You gave Derby County under 2700 tickets for the play off semi final. I’m sure they were pretty miffed about that themselves considering your ‘massive’ stadium. Suggest you take it up with the EFL if you or your pals are feeling hard done by. 

2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Will Luke Ayling be good enough to get back in the side, without squad rotation?

Yes, I think so. Assuming he makes a full recovery from his injury. Think he's out for about 4 weeks from memory. He'll be the first choice right back with players like Dallas or Shackleton or Berardi as cover.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

It isn’t relatively small. It’s the rules. You gave Derby County under 2700 tickets for the play off semi final. I’m sure they were pretty miffed about that themselves considering your ‘massive’ stadium. Suggest you take it up with the EFL if you or your pals are feeling hard done by. 

I know it's the rules. I posted it higher up in this thread. I'm not feeling 'hard done by', I'm asking a question, which has now been answered? 

2 minutes ago, Verloc said:

I know it's the rules. I posted it higher up in this thread. I'm not feeling 'hard done by', I'm asking a question, which has now been answered? 

If you know it’s the rules why bother asking then?  And in the post I quoted you mentioned people complaining....... ‘?

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

OK, thanks.

Certainly wasn't done to reduce police costs yesterday don't think I've ever seen so many police vans at AG, must have had half of Devon and Cornwall police on duty as well.

3 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Certainly wasn't done to reduce police costs yesterday don't think I've ever seen so many police vans at AG, must have had half of Devon and Cornwall police on duty as well.

? Sometimes our police forces move in 'mysterious ways'??

16 minutes ago, Verloc said:

The allocation is around 2600 in a stadium that holds around 37000, so that's only 7%. Think you have to provide a minimum of 2,000 to away fans in the Championship. Some of our fans start getting annoyed by reduced allocations without knowing the reason(s) so I was just trying to find out why we had a smaller allocation yesterday.  

City have been giving out excessive allocations on occasions for purely financial reasons and, apart from the extra income, it has often proved detrimental in terms of reduced home advantage, more trouble etc.

It does seem that the clubs who want extra tickets tend to be the ones whose extra allocation is more likely to include troublemakers, as we saw with Swansea last season.

Would you be happy Leeds having a system where you gave the whole area behind one goal, and basically a sixth of capacity, over to away fans? City have done just that in the past but hopefully now learnt their lesson.

Presumably a few Yorkshire rivals could fill a much increased away allocation at ER, but would you want to give them the opportunity? 

FWIW, the 2.6k you give out sounds about right to me - easily enough to add to the atmosphere without away fans - always more vociferous - 'taking over' visually and vocally, and I understood City's away allocation was at about that number this season.

A similar number then, but City still giving out a higher percentage capacity wise.

Archived