IGNORED

Steward who fell over the netting in the away end...

Rich VFR

19 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ha ha, so true, and a similar composition age wise to our own fans in may ways, though we'd be more varied in terms of age and gender at away matches.

I came across a number of groups of Leeds fans yesterday, mostly in groups of 4 or 5, all blokes and aged over 60 I'd say. They were all fine, voices never exactly hushed but not seeking any sort of confrontation.

The only bothersome group I came across were about eight 25 -30 year olds who made a point of leaving the pavement to wander loudly over to the doorway of the Nova Scotia before aggressively chanting 'we're going up as f****** champions' to the assembled City fans inside and outside the pub.

I happened to be stood just outside the NS on my own waiting for someone so was right in amongst them. The chanting was literally right in my ear - not pleasant to be in the middle of such inebriated loudmouths who could so easily have started a brawl.

Thankfully they were ignored/laughed off by the City fans -  shouts of "bedtime!"  in response - and wandered away fairly quickly, but who knows how many more of this more aggressive and trouble seeking type would have taken advantage of the extra allocation should we have given them one?

I met a friend from Uni before the game who supports Leeds. Was chatting to him about how he gets tickets: he rarely bothers with home matches now, but goes to every away he can. He was explaining there is an away season ticket, and also the normal membership loyalty pot. He has full credits in the latter, and applies for every away, regardless of whether he is able to attend: one of his group sorts it all out, and he gets the credit, even if someone else uses the ticket (and unsurprisingly there is always a market for Leeds away tickets).

On 06/08/2019 at 12:57, Moments of Pleasure said:

Well, we know a lot more about Leeds, which is lovely, but I wonder how the "stew" is - any news?

I was wondering that... he seemed to take quite a tumble with the help of some of the away fans. 

Archived