IGNORED

The Chelsea Theory

Johnny Musicworks

7 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

That took a long time to explain, surely you could have just said that all in about three sentances.

As Mark Twain said:

“I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.”

17 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

And still some people are,1 believing the fictitious story and 2, adding to it. Unbelievable Jeff???

Fictitious story? I think not. The "minder" with him yesterday had a Chelsea badge on his pocket and was drinking from an "I love Chelsea cup". Just saying ?

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It's well known that Chelsea insert buy back clauses when they sell youth players. 

I don't know if Chelsea have anything to do with us signing this young lad, but it would explain the cut price deals for the 3 Chelsea players. 

Chelsea have been in a lot of bother for the signing of young players, and for sending about a million of them out on loan, they also trust us to develop their young players, so I can certainly see the attractiveness of an arrangement like this. 

As long as Chelsea are not giving us the money to buy the player then a potential arrangement like this is entirely legal. Buying a first refusal clause off of us (for a reasonable price) is also entirely legal. These arrangements can be doing all officially but I'd suspect with our excellent relationship with Chelsea it would be done through gentlemans agreements.

Both Kalas and Palmer were signed for their value and not at 'cut price' deals, neither would have gone for more than we bought them for and on reflection both were fair prices.

DaSilva had a pre arranged fee so Chelsea couldn't avoid that, clearly undervalued when they loaned him to us initially. No way were they loaning him to us with a low buy-out clause in 2018 when they didn't have a transfer ban, with the intention of signing Massengo in summer 2019 when they did have a transfer ban! 

27 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Last season, Wolves bought Afobe back for £10m & pretty much instantly sold him to Stoke for £12m

Nothing different about this if it were to happen is there? 

Wolves might have kept him and could have sold him to, say, us as he was their player and they were free to do what they wanted with him.

The conspiracy theorist's suggestion is that we've colluded with Chelsea to buy him as our player and then "sell" him to Chelsea, but only Chelsea,  at a point in the future ( let's say, when their transfer ban is ended) . The theory being that Chelsea cannot buy while their ban is in operation so , because of the "relationship" we've developed with them, they've asked us to be their "surrogate" club in order to prevent another big club buying the lad first, 

The conspiracy goes on to suggest that all of this is being arranged by a gentleman's agreement, as anything put in writing , on a legal and contractually binding basis, would undoubtadly bring the wrath of the PL, EUFA, FIFA and Khan down on both clubs, resulting in relegation to league 3 for us, a fine for Chelsea and Bailey Wright being banished to the Memorial Stadium for all eternity.

IF there is any truth regarding an arrangement with Chelsea, it is completely different from what Wolves did, as it suggests that while he might be registered as our player, another club is effectively controlling what can and cannot happen to him in the future as far as him being transferred and registered to another club. It smacks of third party ownership, which the regulators do not like and I would be extremely concerned if we have got involved in anything like this.

It's one thing to develop a strong relationship with a club because they know we look after loanees well and are in a position to buy them if they become surplus to Chelsea's requirements, but this would be on a whole different level. Given all that was said on the ffp thread, in particular about club's selling their grounds to themselves. I would like to think this is not something to which SL would agree.

1 hour ago, man in the middle said:

Personally I love this conspiracy theory and I’m running with it ? Did anyone Else know we’ve never been to the moon ?, always question everything!

We can't get to the premier league, so there's no chance of us getting to the moon!

50 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Last season, Wolves bought Afobe back for £10m & pretty much instantly sold him to Stoke for £12m

That was different IMO.

Wolves had an option to buy as part of the deal- 'flipping' Afobe served 2 purposes. Firstly they may have been unconvinced he was up to it in the PL, 2nd it gave them an instant saving + profit to reinvest- to trade upwards, to look for better.

9 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Sorry but I feel the need to start a separate thread about the ‘Chelsea theory’ which has been circulating today and has apparently led to Gregor at the post contacting his French counterparts as to its truth, and he has confirmed that it is not so.

Well when I made some idle speculation this morning regarding an hypothetical scenario it seems like it has taken on a life of its own. Let me stress this (although I have tried to clarify on several threads already) I am not ITK in any way nor ever have been or professed to be. Thankfully we have ‘Kid’ and one or two others for that .

I speculated as to an amusing theory I had with no intention that it should be considered a rumour. It provoked an interesting discussion which was picked up by others and by 1pm in the Ashton Gate coffee shop had taken on a whole different character and was told to me as fact originating from a Facebook page. Another poster had on the same thread at almost the same time speculated a similar theory. 

Getting home this evening it seems to have been picked up by various posters some of whom are saying it’s a load of rubbish. Of course it is.It was never intended to be anything more than a humorous theory. I enjoy discussion and theorising as many of us do on here but I never expected my muses to be taken as having any substance and invoke such criticism or anger. I have explained all of this on several threads but still people seem to be taking it seriously. I realise on a Meltdown night people like to rant but please don’t lose your sense of humour. 

So to be clear. It is a random theory, not a rumour and not in any way a fact and it is not based on anything I have heard from anyone. It is just a theory or scenario that could make sense of an unusual situation where BCFC have paid 8m euros for a teenager from a top European club. As a theory it is entirely made up by myself and should not be taken as anything factual.

I wonder if in future we should have a theory and conspiracy section where we can have interesting conversations which should not be taken too seriously. Life would be boring without humour and speculation and OTIB would be obsolete.  I suppose if nothing else I’ve given the Post a story for tomorrow. Apologies to anyone that has taken my muses too seriously. Can I suggest you get a humour transplant and not take me too seriously in future.

Stop trying to cover your tracks Roman!

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

And your evidence for this is what exactly? If you are going to imply that potentially illegal activity may have taken place or might take place in the future you need something to back it up.

Though the bit about giving first refusal is common and not against any rules anyway. It may even be written into transfer terms.

Not saying there is any illegality, but I can assure you that the world of football transfers is a murky business and you sometimes don't get your man without getting your hands dirty (or someone elses hands).

4 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

It certainly is a lesson in how things go viral. A Chelsea supporting friend in Portugal said that Chelsea fans were also discussing how this deal was being done with us. Am I about to become a Sky Sports Source I wonder. Maybe it’s beat that us pensioners are kept off the internet.

Thanks for starting this thread as you might have noticed in the transfer forum it was driving me a bit mad that everyone was referring to it as a 'rumour'.

What amazes me though is that even on this thread, following your unequivocal denial of any link between this theory and reality, still people believe it! 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Thanks for starting this thread as you might have noticed in the transfer forum it was driving me a bit mad that everyone was referring to it as a 'rumour'.

What amazes me though is that even on this thread, following your unequivocal denial of any link between this theory and reality, still people believe it! 

People believe it because it is entirely believable even tho this guy clearly stated had had no sources. 

When we signed NE I'm pretty sure we had a gentleman's agreement in place with Stoke City for them to buy him in the future if they remained in the Prem. So with that in mind, this Chelsea theory is entirely plausible.

53 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Spooky !!!! Brentford have just paid £7-8 m for a 19 yr old French youth player from Troyes.

What?! So they've got a secret arrangement with Chelsea too?! I thought it was just us!

20 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not saying there is any illegality, but I can assure you that the world of football transfers is a murky business and you sometimes don't get your man without getting your hands dirty (or someone elses hands).

But you stated it as fact without presenting any evidence then responded with generalisations.

You are free to believe any conspiracy theory you choose but if you are going to claim it is factually accurate the burden of proof is on you.

I can't believe how naive you all are! This is obviously true and not even the full story. Chelsea are obviously being forced to do this by the illuminati  from their moon base! Except it's not actually a moon base because we've never actually been there! Also Chelsea are owned by a Russian and Russia is a country and Noah is French - guess what France is a country too! Coincidence? I think not! Open your eyes people!

@Johnny Musicworks nice work in clearing this up. I was the other poster who had the same speculative idea at the same time as you. 

It is clearly pure speculation. 

My suggestion was that Chelsea could have paid us for an option to buy the player at a certain point in the future. Just out of interest, this is not illegal. Note PL Rule U.8. The option would have to be registered with the PL. So it is perfectly plausible that it could happen, and it wouldn't be illegal.

The deeper you drill into this , and on the face of it , most would agree it’s a left field signing and in some ways , certainly for us a ‘bizarre transfer’ and ‘ ‘how did we get him’

Doing some research and reading, as far as I can see 

Hes been labelled a wonderkid somewhere in this process , he looks a very good young player with massive potential but a ‘wonderkid’ ?  Don’t think we should latch onto that label

Henry , in a disastrous start to his reign at Monaco who had sold each of their first team stars , threw in a number of youngsters into games including Massengo and another 17 yr old.

When Jardim returned as Head Coach to replace Henry it appears the door was closed again on a number of the youngsters and Jardim has become unpopular with some players , a number becoming unhappy ,as well as some of their fans

Reading their forum - His father is being widely blamed by their fans with the accusation that he is pushing his son for a financial gain (His mother appears to have disagreed with her sons decision and has interestingly tweeted 

Even if I do not always agree I respect their decisions and I will always support them, whatever happens

So the reason we’ve got him may be more simple 

Very Good young player , with a lot of potential, who we were aware of and who we became aware may be open to a move

The ‘wonderkid’ label almost suggesting he’s a 18 yr old Messi which he’s almost certainly not , he’s a very good young player with lots of potential for whom we’ve paid a fair / decent price (But may look peanuts in the future )

City and Lee Clearly Like him and rate him an we have put our money where our mouth is , I’ve been unable to find anything about any other club in the mix 

He and a number of other players , especially some of the younger ones are unhappy at Monaco under Jardim and their fans anticipate losing others 

I would anticipate he himself , and his advisors , see City as an excellent staging post / stepping stone in his career and entry into English Football with his eyes firmly set on Premier League (Personally I’m fine and realistic with that)

AT the moment , IMHO , it looks that  simple 

I like the Chelsea theory. Sorry!

I understand it's not based on inside knowledge, but that doesn't make it a bad theory. It explains why we're confident to make this unusual move. Why he's confident to make this unusual move. And it makes sense for Chelsea.

There's absolutely no need for it to be  dodgy. Chelsea say to the lad: "if we weren't under embargo we'd sign you but you're not ready for our first team so we'd loan you to City. They're great at developing young players and we trusted them with Tammy who is now in our team. Go there, do well and we'll talk again next year."

Chelsea say to us: "we like this lad, we can't sign him but we think he'd do well in the championship and even just on current evidence we'd pay £7m for him. You couldn't normally sign him but we'll put a word in and we think we could swing it. We expect to be making you an offer to buy him next year."

No written commitments, some risk on all sides but no more than if this deal had gone through without that conversation.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I can't believe how naive you all are! This is obviously true and not even the full story. Chelsea are obviously being forced to do this by the illuminati  from their moon base! Except it's not actually a moon base because we've never actually been there! Also Chelsea are owned by a Russian and Russia is a country and Noah is French - guess what France is a country too! Coincidence? I think not! Open your eyes people!

That’s not even the most compelling part. Noah built an Ark. Free Masons are said to be obsessed with the Ark of the Covenant. The tablets inside the Ark of the Covenant were composed on Mount Sinai.

There is a player who plays for Chelsea in a Free role who has both ‘Mason’ and ‘Mount’ in his name. NONE OF THIS CAN BE A COINCIDENCE!!!!

37 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I like the Chelsea theory. Sorry!

I understand it's not based on inside knowledge, but that doesn't make it a bad theory. It explains why we're confident to make this unusual move. Why he's confident to make this unusual move. And it makes sense for Chelsea.

There's absolutely no need for it to be  dodgy. Chelsea say to the lad: "if we weren't under embargo we'd sign you but you're not ready for our first team so we'd loan you to City. They're great at developing young players and we trusted them with Tammy who is now in our team. Go there, do well and we'll talk again next year."

Chelsea say to us: "we like this lad, we can't sign him but we think he'd do well in the championship and even just on current evidence we'd pay £7m for him. You couldn't normally sign him but we'll put a word in and we think we could swing it. We expect to be making you an offer to buy him next year."

No written commitments, some risk on all sides but no more than if this deal had gone through without that conversation.

Here's an alternative theory...

Our U18s played Monaco U18s October last year, and our coaches thought "wow, that kid's got potential". Our scouts kept an eye on him and when it was known that he was open to a move, we swooped in,  sold the club to him and here we are 

Too far-fetched?

On 05/08/2019 at 09:20, Carey 6 said:

Afobe had a clause where they had to sign him for £10m if Wolves went up iirc

Archived