IGNORED

Music Before Kickoff

TuxHarry

I dunno, I liked it.  Not sure I'd want the White Stripes song to be used for every game but it worked against Leeds for a big game live on tv.

Atmosphere was brilliant at the start yesterday.  It died down 5 minutes into the game when we couldn't get the ball though.

I do like the Chemical Brothers bit that they play on the screen just before they come out with footage of our past great moments. 

Might make us look a bit sad though ifwe can’t add to these glories and have to keep showing really old stuff like the JPT finals etc

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I do like the Chemical Brothers bit that they play on the screen just before they come out with footage of our past great moments. 

Might make us look a bit sad though ifwe can’t add to these glories and have to keep showing really old stuff like the JPT finals etc

I like the video as well tbh, although its going to be a bit weird when Cardiff visit given Flint and Reid are very prominent in the video

Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes is probably the global sport anthem.

Personally, I love it.

Would also ask for Dare by Gorillaz - we always win when that's played pre-match. Apart from when we don't which has been about most of the last 12 months.

2 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Never play that shite over the tannoy again ffs what a way to kill the atmosphere that was yesterday

Seven Nation Army kills the atmosphere!!?    It is played globally at more sporting events than any other song.  To call it shite is straying into sad olde git territory?  But you are of course entitled to your opinion.............."Not Alf' Mate"

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Seven Nation Army kills the atmosphere!!?    It is played globally at more sporting events than any other song.  To call it shite is straying into sad olde git territory?  But you are of course entitled to your opinion.............."Not Alf' Mate"

It heavily killed the atmosphere 10 mins before kick off. S82 had started to get going, then a well known tune that builds atmosphere came on and it was the tannoy vs S82

Personally, I'd go with Imagine Dragons - Friction.

The build up kicks in at 0:48.

Or now we have fire as the players walk out... Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark.

The build up kicks in at 0:50.

2 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Never play that shite over the tannoy again ffs what a way to kill the atmosphere that was yesterday

Was going to post something similar myself, it was terrible! S82 and many others were trying to get chants going pre-kick off only to be drowned out by the music on the tannoy!

What's next, goal celebration music?!

Have pre-match music, that's fine, but once the teams come onto the pitch let the fans take over. The music yesterday didn't stop until the actual kick off.

5 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

It heavily killed the atmosphere 10 mins before kick off. S82 had started to get going, then a well known tune that builds atmosphere came on and it was the tannoy vs S82

I get it.........so it was more about bad tining than the song itself?  They often fail to get it right pre match......don't know why?

Archived