IGNORED

Music Before Kickoff

TuxHarry

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I get it.........so it was more about bad tining than the song itself?  They often fail to get it right pre match......don't know why?

Correct. No issues from me with the song or music in general. Just the timing of it. The fans around me were trying to get things going and battling with the bloody music! Once the music stopped the singing did to so as the ball was kicked there was nothing. 

2 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Never play that shite over the tannoy again ffs what a way to kill the atmosphere that was yesterday

Respectfully have to disagree Harry. Thought the change of music was good and helped build the pre-match atmosphere.

I thought it was noticeably louder prior to KO yesterday and it seems many posters on this thread agree.

33 minutes ago, Corshamred said:

I really wish they wouldn’t play The Blackbird song at the end when we lose.

Something more sombre might be more appropriate.

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

REM - Everybody Hurts, or

Rolling Stones - Doom & Gloom

The Doors - The End

Depeche Mode - Leave In Silence

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Actually, I thoroughly agree with @Corshamred  A jaunty up-tempo song about someone wanting to murder a songbird doth not a good exit music make. It sort of suggests we don't care about losing.

I'd prefer exiting with no music after a loss.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

The Doors - The End

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Actually, I thoroughly agree with @Corshamred  A jaunty up-tempo song about someone wanting to murder a songbird doth not a good exit music make. It sort of suggests we don't care about losing.

Just thought of a couple more:

Madness - You're an embarrassment

Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot (more appropriate during our next losing run!)

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The Doors - The End

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

We could maybe just play a hour long mix of sad and sombre music ?

5 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

It totally got Leeds going as it’s one of their songs by the sound  of it

Is that right?

Mind you we've played songs associated with the away team before, a really odd thing to do to make away fans feel so at home and inspire them to make more noise.

It's almost like they're neutral - they want the music to create an atmosphere but aren't bothered which fans make it.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I have absolutely no idea what music was played pre match - but I was in the Dolman................:disapointed2se:

So the rumour circulating that you wanted the Dad's Army theme tune "Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler" played at kick off...............is merely a rumour? ?

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Why not IDLES? Local, drummer is a City fan, loud and aggressive.

Not sure that would go down too well either but I'd love it.

Whack 'Faith in the City' on before kick off then when we're 4-0 up at half time play 'Well Done' on a loop til the 2nd half starts.

Then play 'Samaritans' at full time when we lose 4-5.

Archived