IGNORED

Johnson’s words

Redmycolour

32 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I said after the Palace game, its the body language after going a couple down that worries me. Slumped shoulders, bickering amongst themselves etc.. it wasnt until the subs came on in both games to freshen it up, that we even remotely started to play with belief. 

That was exactly what worried me both on and off the pitch. In comparison to our opponents it was really striking. 

29 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What do you expect him to say “we will probably be shit again next game”?

its called having a positive attitude.

What if he was positive we'd be shit again next game?

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I said after the Palace game, its the body language after going a couple down that worries me. Slumped shoulders, bickering amongst themselves etc.. it wasnt until the subs came on in both games to freshen it up, that we even remotely started to play with belief. 

Then why start every game with Fammy, when he's not a regular goalscorer, why not drop him to the bench, "take a chance" 

29 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Then why start every game with Fammy, when he's not a regular goalscorer, why not drop him to the bench, "take a chance" 

He was our top scorer last season and scored 13 the season before too, despite a long spell injured. I don't think he works as a lone striker, and we need to get another striker in, but there's not anyone else in the squad at the moment who delivers anywhere near as consistent a goal threat. I would have preferred to start with Weimann up front but, if "regular goalscorer" is your criteria then Fammy is the best option we currently have.

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He was our top scorer last season and scored 13 the season before too, despite a long spell injured. I don't think he works as a lone striker, and we need to get another striker in, but there's not anyone else in the squad at the moment who delivers anywhere near as consistent a goal threat. I would have preferred to start with Weimann up front but, if "regular goalscorer" is your criteria then Fammy is the best option we currently have.

But he's not regular enough his he, 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I noticed that as well, and it was the same for yesterday.

At least we scored which may give some encouragement.

Too many players looked knackered after 60 or 70 minutes as well and were lethargic before then.

I did mention in the match day thread before the game that the players didn't seem prepared for the Palace game and I was hoping they would be properly prepared for yesterday. They weren't imo.

Yes, Leeds were very good and obviously up for it, but that is no excuse, the least to be expected is to compete and, in the main, they didn't.

Begs the question "what were they doing in pre-season to make them this ill prepared" ?

What I really don't get with LJ is playing the 4 5 1 at home. We looked so much better at 4 4 2. Ok, play 1 up top away depending on the opposition, but we need to be attacking at home. We could have got something yesterday if we started like we finished. So bloody frustrating that we can all see it, but LJ can't.

I've also been a big fan of Pack over the years, but he's not the player he was.

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Suggestions of dropping Fam on the first day of the season with no obvious replacement are ludicrous.

Then again playing him when isolated and with little or no service is equally ludicrous. Given the right service he has shown that he scores goals and will continue to do so.

Felt really sorry for Fammy again yesterday, it’s practically impossible to play as an isolated forward, especially when most of the balls to you are woeful. Even when he is able to receive and bring the ball under control he usually has no options other than try to hold it up long enough for someone to get near him. 

He works tirelessly but given our set up most of it is a waste of energy and generally the move breaks down. The solution isn’t to drop him it’s to provide support and to play a system that increases the probability of players being close enough to the ‘target man’ to provide options.

47 minutes ago, Sniper said:

What I really don't get with LJ is playing the 4 5 1 at home. We looked so much better at 4 4 2. Ok, play 1 up top away depending on the opposition, but we need to be attacking at home. We could have got something yesterday if we started like we finished. So bloody frustrating that we can all see it, but LJ can't.

I've also been a big fan of Pack over the years, but he's not the player he was.

i think if you are playing that system then the least you should expect is to be hard to play through, especially through the middle. But yet Leeds went through the lines with so much ease and had so much space. Thats what i thought was so shocking about yesterday. We had the bodies in there but they either weren't working hard enough or weren't good enough to make it anything other than a stroll for the opposition. Complete disgrace, Especially at home!!!!

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Felt really sorry for Fammy again yesterday, it’s practically impossible to play as an isolated forward, especially when most of the balls to you are woeful. Even when he is able to receive and bring the ball under control he usually has no options other than try to hold it up long enough for someone to get near him. 

He works tirelessly but given our set up most of it is a waste of energy and generally the move breaks down. The solution isn’t to drop him it’s to provide support and to play a system that increases the probability of players being close enough to the ‘target man’ to provide options.

Spot on. Give the guy some support. When Leeds played the ball forward there were always 2 or 3 in support of the receiving player. Fam always has to wait for support with 2 or more defenders around him.  If we are going to play a lone striker then at least let's know how to play it. We must learn from our (many) mistakes.

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I noticed that as well, and it was the same for yesterday.

At least we scored which may give some encouragement.

Too many players looked knackered after 60 or 70 minutes as well and were lethargic before then.

I did mention in the match day thread before the game that the players didn't seem prepared for the Palace game and I was hoping they would be properly prepared for yesterday. They weren't imo.

Yes, Leeds were very good and obviously up for it, but that is no excuse, the least to be expected is to compete and, in the main, they didn't.

Begs the question "what were they doing in pre-season to make them this ill prepared" ?

From the first few minutes of yesterday’s game you could see we were happy to concede possession to Leeds and let them dictate the game. We were at home for Christ’s sake, we should have been all over Phillips like a rash and Hernandez also but no, just stood off them for the first hour and by then the damage was done

On 05/08/2019 at 10:07, The Horse With No Name said:

No you didn't Lee, your words were, and I quote "we'll come back better next time," did you "NO" 

5 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

No you didn't Lee, your words were, and I quote "we'll come back better next time," did you "NO" 

The rules are 'attack the post, not the poster' so I will just say your post is an utter belter. It's like your post has no idea how football works.

Lj's a glass half full kinda bloke........so despite being Physically, Mentally, Tactically and Strategically outplayed, he'll be honest about it upto a point, but also try to retain a positive spin, so as to keep morale upbeat.  Whether thats good or bad, I am not sure, but that's the way he does things.

Archived