IGNORED

Johnson’s words

Redmycolour

4 minutes ago, Richwilkins50 said:

I wish he’d just give Taylor and Weimann a chance. We seemed to start last season well with them up top

If we want to play an energetic, not so bothered about possession pressing yet countering that could be one way.

If we're going down the hoping for possession dominance route, not so sure. It could work but we may have to change a few things.

On 05/08/2019 at 13:18, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Suggestions of dropping Fam on the first day of the season with no obvious replacement are ludicrous.

Then again playing him when isolated and with little or no service is equally ludicrous. Given the right service he has shown that he scores goals and will continue to do so.

As I said pre season, I reckon Weimann up front as a proper striker with Palmer behind him would be more effective - Weimann actually makes dangerous runs that Palmer would find and feed ... Fammy doesn’t make runs like that so Palmer will be caught in possession waiting in vain for him to make a move ...

After a couple of days reflection, I still can’t fathom our game plan. Were we pressing or playing on the counter? Was the idea to lump it in the general direction of Fammy or play short through Brownhill/Palmer? 

We clearly failed and failed abysmally but no idea what the hell were we trying to do. It was like watching eleven players that had turned up at the Water Tower hopeful of a game on The Downs.

Embarrassingly pathetic. 

Anyhow, can’t get any worse than that, so onwards and upwards.

16 minutes ago, Prinny said:

On Andreas Weimann “We are bringing him in primarily as a striker, who can also play wide if necessary, and I am confident his attributes will enhance the squad and our team."

Exactly.

And on the rare occasions we do, he scores.

Didn't he come here because he was pissed off about being stuck on the wing at his previous club??

On 05/08/2019 at 12:48, Sniper said:

What I really don't get with LJ is playing the 4 5 1 at home. We looked so much better at 4 4 2. Ok, play 1 up top away depending on the opposition, but we need to be attacking at home. We could have got something yesterday if we started like we finished. So bloody frustrating that we can all see it, but LJ can't.

I've also been a big fan of Pack over the years, but he's not the player he was.

Agree in general, but Home advantage means very little against sides like Leeds. We played badly, granted, but tactically I thought we were close to what would be needed against Leeds. 

I might even have gone 5-3-1-1 to give the full backs a bit more protection and plug the middle a bit more. 

Just because we are at home it doesn't mean the game changes. Leeds are a side that dominates the ball, having two up top is a complete waste against sides like that.

Biggest issue wasn't formation but how we wasted possession and didn't keep it for longer periods. Two quick to play forward which didn't give Palmer, O'Dowda and Weimann the chance to get close to Fam to feed off the scraps. 

Midfield movement was the biggest problem. Brownhill hid when we had the ball all game. 

On 05/08/2019 at 09:46, Redmycolour said:

He states "we will come back stronger" I've heard those words somewhere before, oh Yeh, after the Crystal Palace game, and did we "NO" 

What do you expect him to say?

Huge overreaction from some over just one game. We were poor and lost - Leeds were great and won. That'll happen over the season. Form always evens out eventually.

Archived