IGNORED

Away End

NcnsBcfc

Just posted in the Steward thread. But would be interested in other people's opinions.

Once again this season we've decided to give over the entire atyeo to away fans. That stand is turning into their proverbial 12th man.

The amount of goals we concede at that end (generally in the 2nd half) is frightening. Allied to our complete inability to score (only 7 last season) there.

Not sure what we can do this season, other than segregate it, and have at least some home fans in there. It just all feels a little naive on our part.

Moving forward though, possibly put them in the upper Lansdown closest to the atyeo.

I think attacking both ends behind the goal full of home fans, would hopefully have have a desired effect on our quite woeful home form over the last 12 months.

Views?

We haven’t given them the whole of the Atyeo , looks like teams are getting 2,600. 

Maximum allocation is 4,000. id happily let them have it all to be honest , makes for a better atmosphere, and more money for us ! 

It seems a childish football fan mentality to let the away fans have few tickets as possible because they might sing louder than us , then expect maximum allocations when we travel 

11 minutes ago, kivsy said:

We haven’t given them the whole of the Atyeo , looks like teams are getting 2,600. 

Maximum allocation is 4,000. id happily let them have it all to be honest , makes for a better atmosphere, and more money for us ! 

It seems a childish football fan mentality to let the away fans have few tickets as possible because they might sing louder than us , then expect maximum allocations when we travel 

It's not about allocation. More where you place them in the ground. As the Leeds fan has said on the Steward thread; away fans were moved from behind the goal, and placed elsewhere.

The figures are now becoming stark. In relation to goals scored vs goals conceded at the atyeo end.

Look at LJ's comments from last season, and it shows it hasn't gone unnoticed by the club.

I just think it would aid the players to attack at least some home fans at both ends. 

With the bigger clubs in particular with their large away followings, you can see the uplift in the away team attacking that end.

Note: away teams have outscored us 4 x 1 at that end over the last 12 months.

Does it make us look a bit small? I'm not really so bothered but some might take that view.

Spotted upon this thread online earlier.

Admittedly he works for a not too great publication judging by his bio. Perhaps he isn't aware of general trends in football, allocation reductions etc too? He's in the media though so perception wise etc.

The risk of course of reducing allocations- though it is good for us, is two fold, just to play Devil's Advocate a bit.

Away fans in home ends, especially v clubs with a fairly geographically spread fanbase! ?

Plus of course, reciprocation- Last I looked, our allocation at Birmingham is 2,000 at least initially. Don't know if updated however last 2 seasons it was 2,800 no questions asked- interested to see if it pushed up to 2,800 or stays closer to 2k.

Looking on Twitter,  it's fairly clear that there were Leeds fans in home ends yesterday- I did wonder about some of those filming away end at times!!

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I just think it would aid the players to attack at least some home fans at both ends. 

I just think you need to be looking at the on the pitch for their inept performance, maybe that is why you never quite hit the heights of a team from a huge city, the soft mentality.

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

They need to go in the upper Lansdown, make the Atyeo the family stand.

Why put families in the worst stand?  We need to encourage children to come to matches as they are the fans of the future. Children, and their parents, get a far better experience in the Upper Lansdown 

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

They need to go in the upper Lansdown, make the Atyeo the family stand.

Why give them a spot in the nicest stand? Bung them one and a half upper/lower blocks in the corner of the Dolman. The other half being segregation. Minimal numbers and non prominent area also.

4 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Just posted in the Steward thread. But would be interested in other people's opinions.

Once again this season we've decided to give over the entire atyeo to away fans. That stand is turning into their proverbial 12th man.

The amount of goals we concede at that end (generally in the 2nd half) is frightening. Allied to our complete inability to score (only 7 last season) there.

Not sure what we can do this season, other than segregate it, and have at least some home fans in there. It just all feels a little naive on our part.

Moving forward though, possibly put them in the upper Lansdown closest to the atyeo.

I think attacking both ends behind the goal full of home fans, would hopefully have have a desired effect on our quite woeful home form over the last 12 months.

Views?

Funny because when the home fans were there many a year ago before we got the east end we were repeatedly told that we shouldn’t be there as you can’t create an atmosphere in that stand, 

25 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Why put families in the worst stand?  We need to encourage children to come to matches as they are the fans of the future. Children, and their parents, get a far better experience in the Upper Lansdown 

21 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Why give them a spot in the nicest stand? Bung them one and a half upper/lower blocks in the corner of the Dolman. The other half being segregation. Minimal numbers and non prominent area also.

I'll answer both together as you're both saying similar. 

Whilst the Atyeo is the worst stand, wouldn't it be better for the kids to be closer to the players? I don't think it's the best idea having them in in the gods, little legs, lots of stairs and I guess they feel quite detached from the action up there. 

The Dolman is a complete no starter due to the turnstiles and because people have sat in those seats for years, even decades, can you imagine the uproar. 

I don't think them or their parents get a better experience by being in the newest stand. Does a kid really care about which stand is newer or not? 

@Captain Hindsight

You say a block and a half in Dolman.

EFL regs state 2k tickets for away fans minimum- or 10% of capacity if attendance a certain level.

Also unclear is what you mean by your block and a half idea. Do you mean a block and a half ie just say E34 and half of E33 OR do you mean it conventionally ie older style A Block and half of H or B block- I make that somewhere between 1,000-1,500 seats.

Either way the requirement for a ground our size would be 2,000. Your idea appears to be incompatible with this.

The Atyeo should have an away allocation of around 2400 in the part nearest the Lansdown stand and make 1,000 tickets available to home fans nearest the Dolman at £20 an adult and £5 a child on 1st come basis, no season tickets in there. This way away fans don't get the entire end and City fans who cannot commit to season tickets get a chance to purchase reasonably priced tickets. Also for cup games when the entire Atyeo needs to be given up for away fans no season ticket holders are being displaced.

33 minutes ago, swampy said:

Don't give a s*** where I stand (stand?) as long as I can watch a blo+dy game .... sad thread!

Such a sad thread .... imagine this appearing on the rugby site .. 

Are you Donald Trump? Obviously had the same English teacher. Sad! 

12 hours ago, antlers said:

The Atyeo should have an away allocation of around 2400 in the part nearest the Lansdown stand and make 1,000 tickets available to home fans nearest the Dolman at £20 an adult and £5 a child on 1st come basis, no season tickets in there. This way away fans don't get the entire end and City fans who cannot commit to season tickets get a chance to purchase reasonably priced tickets. Also for cup games when the entire Atyeo needs to be given up for away fans no season ticket holders are being displaced.

Very sensible suggestion. Like the idea of some cheaper tickets available (I’m a season ticket holder but have a few mates that would welcome this type of option)

10 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Very sensible suggestion. Like the idea of some cheaper tickets available (I’m a season ticket holder but have a few mates that would welcome this type of option)

That only works if you charge away fans the same, as I believe you can't charge away fans more for an equivalent view?

17 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I'll answer both together as you're both saying similar. 

Whilst the Atyeo is the worst stand, wouldn't it be better for the kids to be closer to the players? I don't think it's the best idea having them in in the gods, little legs, lots of stairs and I guess they feel quite detached from the action up there. 

The Dolman is a complete no starter due to the turnstiles and because people have sat in those seats for years, even decades, can you imagine the uproar. 

I don't think them or their parents get a better experience by being in the newest stand. Does a kid really care about which stand is newer or not? 

Lots of stairs?!  Believe me, most kids don't worry about stuff like that and it's certainly not a reason to move them.  My 8 year old sprints up.  The upper Lansdown is working very well as the family area.  The concourse is spacious and all set up for kids.  The view of the pitch is great and the steeply raked stand means kids get a good view of the action even if someone tall is in front.  Kids don't think in terms of being detached from the action.  The only detachment is from our more raucous / sweary element (not a criticism of them), and that's a good thing when kids are involved.  As a family-friendly experience, the upper Lansdown is - IMHO - the right spot.

Archived