IGNORED

LJ says City will not kick the ball out for trivial injuries

Nogbad the Bad

1 minute ago, Rinkadink said:

Hes right; if there's a serious injury the ref will stop the game. Play to the whistle.

I hope other clubs follow suit.

They certainly will against us, and that's fine.

It's been really annoying me for years - the FA have said leave it to the ref. to decide whether to stop the game, and play to the whistle, but still players kick the ball out.

Really good news, and well pleased it's LJ and City that have come out and made this stand.

24 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well done LJ!

67716441_500134947388864_973668257074511872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlnAvceGE9P_n3ZSAEdIKQGu4hjBAFAkcuYTi4-YUju3b8kGIqF5zv9YvB7fjxCqic&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=7f79d648a8cb7ea7d1ce398aa185b36d&oe=5DEC5E3A

Yep good to hear and well done LJ. Noticeably raised the noise levels when we carried on yesterday when one of their players was flouncing around on the floor for no good reason. Grinds my gears when the game is stopped because of play acting! 

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yep good to hear and well done LJ. Noticeably raised the noise levels when we carried on yesterday when one of their players was flouncing around on the floor for no good reason. Grinds my gears when the game is stopped because of play acting! 

A mate and I both clocked the indecision in our players and then what could be argued to be a deliberate misplaced pass by Pack after we appeared to play on, to give it back to them. Felt like he hit a hopeful one almost designed to play it 50/50. Might be totally wrong.

12 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

A mate and I both clocked the indecision in our players and then what could be argued to be a deliberate misplaced pass by Pack after we appeared to play on, to give it back to them. Felt like he hit a hopeful one almost designed to play it 50/50. Might be totally wrong.

Nope that’s just Marlon being Marlon.

4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It's a sensible thing surely, takes away Warnock's ability to whinge and cry ahead of time.

Yes, remember when he came down with Rotherham - every time we broke on them in the 2nd half one of their players dropped to the floor and writhed in agony.....I think the physio was on 10 times and the ball's in play for 50% of the half.

Just play on

There were a few times yesterday when our players obviously weren't giving Leeds the respect they thought they were entitled to. Still got prima donnas in that team! You can only imagine the antics of Bamford if he'd been "accidentally " elbowed!

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

There were a few times yesterday when our players obviously weren't giving Leeds the respect they thought they were entitled to. Still got prima donnas in that team! You can only imagine the antics of Bamford if he'd been "accidentally " elbowed!

It was bad enough when he lost the ball to Jay Dasilva and promptly dropped like he`d been shot clutching his ankle.

There were Leeds supporters in the pub where I was watching the game. Every time a Leeds player was tackled it was a sending off offence. They were full of it whilst Leeds were scoring but after our goal and the subs where we looked like getting a second there were some black looks coming my way. I'm ashamed to say that I did a "dolman" just before the last whistle! 

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was bad enough when he lost the ball to Jay Dasilva and promptly dropped like he`d been shot clutching his ankle.

You wonder whether the refs should take note of this "broken leg" syndrome followed by a 50 yard sprint 2 minutes later and have a quiet word in their ear? 2 or 3 offences like this could be offered the yellow card!

Just now, Midred said:

You wonder whether the refs should take note of this "broken leg" syndrome followed by a 50 yard sprint 2 minutes later and have a quiet word in their ear? 2 or 3 offences like this could be offered the yellow card!

I guess they could under the `persistent misconduct` rule like when a player gets booked for an innocuous challenge because it`s about his sixth one.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I guess they could under the `persistent misconduct` rule like when a player gets booked for an innocuous challenge because it`s about his sixth one.

Trouble is that some teams are signed up to more persistent misconduct than others! 

Archived