Bentley 6 1 Miss kick aside did nothing wrong

hunt 6 had to cover for 3 players most of the time

kalas 5 his mistake cost a goal 

moore 7 solid

dasilva 4 out of position constantly

pack 3 passing poor tackling poor marking poor captaincy poor  

brownhill 4 did little defensive work

weinman 6 better when moved upfront left hunt isolated with no defensive work

palmer 4 learn to pass to a red shirt and try not to take a whole team on yourself very poor debut

odowda 2 did he even play

fam 5 won most things in the air lumped up to him had zero support and extremely isolated 

johnson 0 got his team selection wrong his tactics wrong waited too long to make changes to a formation that didn’t work the team looked devoid of ideas and infirm very unjohnson like 

Bentley 6 scuffed one kick but didn’t do anything wrong.

hunt 6 steady , did try and push on later.

kalas 5 as the experienced CB could have taken the ‘wrong’ side, and could have got closer for the first.

Moore 6 , miss placed pass led to the 3rd but that is being harsh. Played on the wrong side and did well. Bamford obviously played on him as the inexperienced CB, but I thought he held his own. One thing I’ll add, not sure if Bamford is that quick, but TM did seem to struggle for pace in a straight race for the ball.

DaSilva 5 , they exploited his urge to get forward a lot, but did ok while not being great.

Pack 4 poor day, missing easy short passes that put us in trouble, he seemed to struggle to decide to pass at times.

Brownhill 3 apart from a free kick , totally anonymous 

Weinman 6 feel sorry for him, I’d give him a run up front instead of Fam.

Palmer 5 he has Vision and does spot Weimann’s runs, does need to take the easy pass more though.

ODowda 4 one good run and a couple of glimpses of what he can do. I will defend him though, he does try and cover his FB more than Eliasson. Constantly looking for JDS, and dropped in to cover a few of his runs.

Fam 4 it’s his total lack of movement and anticipation that annoys me, yes he’s feeding on scraps of service, but he is too static and makes it hard for anything but a straight ball to him.

LJ, well..... you know how well Leeds press ,yet tried to play out short every time ,with no other option. Not easy, but our movement is light years behind theirs. Could/should have tried a change earlier. I even said at halftime, I would have tried Szmodics on for Fam, played him on the right and had Wiemann down the middle, just to get someone running off of the CB’s.

Still, only one game and bad day for everyone. Hopefully we can continue our good away form from last year at Brum.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Bentley 6 scuffed one kick but didn’t do anything wrong.

hunt 6 steady , did try and push on later.

kalas 5 as the experienced CB could have taken the ‘wrong’ side, and could have got closer for the first.

Moore 6 , miss placed pass led to the 3rd but that is being harsh. Played on the wrong side and did well. Bamford obviously played on him as the inexperienced CB, but I thought he held his own. One thing I’ll add, not sure if Bamford is that quick, but TM did seem to struggle for pace in a straight race for the ball.

DaSilva 5 , they exploited his urge to get forward a lot, but did ok while not being great.

Pack 4 poor day, missing easy short passes that put us in trouble, he seemed to struggle to decide to pass at times.

Brownhill 3 apart from a free kick , totally anonymous 

Weinman 6 feel sorry for him, I’d give him a run up front instead of Fam.

Palmer 5 he has Vision and does spot Weimann’s runs, does need to take the easy pass more though.

ODowda 4 one good run and a couple of glimpses of what he can do. I will defend him though, he does try and cover his FB more than Eliasson. Constantly looking for JDS, and dropped in to cover a few of his runs.

Fam 4 it’s his total lack of movement and anticipation that annoys me, yes he’s feeding on scraps of service, but he is too static and makes it hard for anything but a straight ball to him.

LJ, well..... you know how well Leeds press ,yet tried to play out short every time ,with no other option. Not easy, but our movement is light years behind theirs. Could/should have tried a change earlier. I even said at halftime, I would have tried Szmodics on for Fam, played him on the right and had Wiemann down the middle, just to get someone running off of the CB’s.

Still, only one game and bad day for everyone. Hopefully we can continue our good away form from last year at Brum.

Good assessment... only change I'd make is Weimann right midfield 3/10 (gave Hunt no cover, drifted inside all the time so provided no 'out' option on right flank, didn't press Leeds players at all), Weimann central striker (last 25 mins) 7/10, scored, chased and harried well. Lesson - play him up front or not at all!

27 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Brownhill 7? :laugh: a sure case of mistaken identity by this fool OR as ppl have said... this bloke wasn't actually there. 

Perhaps he only stayed for the first 20 minutes?  I always give Brownhill 7 or 8 for the first 20 minutes.  Then, without exception, he completely disappears for the rest of the game.

At least Pack is too slow to completely disappear... 

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Good assessment... only change I'd make is Weimann right midfield 3/10 (gave Hunt no cover, drifted inside all the time so provided no 'out' option on right flank, didn't press Leeds players at all), Weimann central striker (last 25 mins) 7/10, scored, chased and harried well. Lesson - play him up front or not at all!

Yep i said this another thread its criminal that Eliasson is on the bench and if we are playing one up front id prefer it to be Weimann . 

Archived