Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Hocca

Adam Nagy - SIGNED

If this happens he’d be our best midfielder and he is so the type of player we need in cm. work rate, tackles, pushes forward with the ball and can manoeuvre in tight spaces.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Westcountry Robins said:

What must Morell be thinking right now

That he needs to knuckle down and work hard,

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Westcountry Robins said:

On loan at Lincoln for the season? Nothing I’d imagine , odd comment

• Like 4

Classy operator, would be a perfect replacement for Pack, I feel he maybe out of our reach as linked with moves to La Liga and Bundesliga team but imagine we pay better wages.

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

If this happens he’d be our best midfielder and he is so the type of player we need in cm. work rate, tackles, pushes forward with the ball and can manoeuvre in tight spaces.

Sounds like Rudolf to me..

Anyway, after signing Massengo who likes to shift the ball around quickly, this player would seem to fit in with that type of play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

...that he's up against established internationals...which is tough. But sounds as though his loan has started well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

It would be nice, one day, to sign a foreign player ive actually heard of. Hope he is decent of course, but he may also be horseshit. Typical city signing

The club is not responsible if you (or I) are not particularly knowledgeable about football outside of England.

However, you could always send them a list of players you have heard of and ask them to sign one of them.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Sounds like Rudolf to me..

Anyway, after signing Massengo who likes to shift the ball around quickly, this player would seem to fit in with that type of play.

Massengo for me will need a season to adjust to the championship and improving his game. Have a feeling after watching his YouTube vids that he will get the crowd on there feet but then also frustrate. He’s still very young and I have no doubts he will be a star. Love to be proven wrong and he comes in and is undroppable, but from the little I saw my opinion was wow he’s gonna be a player in years to come. Think he will come on towards end of games and start cup matches and when others get injured or under perform....I know it sounds negative but honestly it’s not.

2 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Massengo for me will need a season to adjust to the championship and improving his game. Have a feeling after watching his YouTube vids that he will get the crowd on there feet but then also frustrate. He’s still very young and I have no doubts he will be a star. Love to be proven wrong and he comes in and is undroppable, but from the little I saw my opinion was wow he’s gonna be a player in years to come. Think he will come on towards end of games and start cup matches and when others get injured or under perform....I know it sounds negative but honestly it’s not.

Funny how he was thought good enough to play in Champion's League matches but will have to adapt/not ready to play in the Championship.

That Champion's League must dead easy and no wonder Liverpool won it. It's like a Leyland Daf Johnson Trophy for foreigners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Funny how he was thought good enough to play in Champion's League matches but will have to adapt/not ready to play in the Championship.

That Champion's League must dead easy and no wonder Liverpool won it. It's like a Leyland Daf Johnson Trophy for foreigners.

Funny how some on here now think he's the messiah but had never heard of him/probably never seen him play as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Funny how some on here now think he's the messiah but had never heard of him/probably never seen him play as well.

There might be people on here who I doubt would'have heard of Ruben Neves- not many but some. Not saying he's Neves but similar principle- assuming we're on about Nagy?

Foreign football after all can be quite obscure once you get beyond the big few European giants. Messiah? Certainly not but definitely appears to have decent attributes and ability- useful age too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is Nagy actually confirmed or is it still pending?

We have agreed deal for two players including RB and DMF. Will be announced shortly.  One Portuguese and one Hungarian. Heard this morning. Maybe waiting to announce with Eddie tomorrow 🤞. Assume the two mentioned on here but not given names.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Garland-sweden said:

We need an defensiv midfielder. He is in their national team and plays in serie A. He must be good.

You home safely Mikael ? :thumbsup:

Seriously, I come to Disney for a couple of weeks and all sorts of shit starts happening. 

Someone posted a potential team on another thread and I don’t know who half of them are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Seriously, I come to Disney for a couple of weeks and all sorts of shit starts happening. 

Someone posted a potential team on another thread and I don’t know who half of them are!

They're called Micky, Minnie, Donald, Pluto ...

Pay attention over there.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cider red said:

Loan or permanent

The speculation I have read is that it is a permanent transfer, on a four year deal. Believe I saw this from McGregorface

2.5m euros according to Di marzio 

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-bologna-nagy-bristol-city

Bologna yields: it is made for the farewell of Adam Nagy to the Serie A. Final operation: the Hungarian flies to England, to Bristol City, for a total sum of 2.5 million euros. On the morning of August 7, medical examinations.”
Edited by Saunders87
Added content
  • Thanks 2

Just now, BCFC_95 said:

“I must be really shit if they’ve signed Nagy to replace me”

Not sure if that’s subtle humour or I’ve misled you by error !

, it’s been a long day and I’m mixing up our Europeans - Nagy is the midfielder .... isn’t he ?

Our new midfielders look mobile which is pleasing to see. As much as I've appreciated Marlon I think he's reached his ceiling, we require upgrades which we appear to have acquired. Interesting to see our midfield after they are all fit

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

WTF?

You know we’ve sold Brownhill , Pack and Elliasson .......don’t you Fordy ?

And I guess you may have missed our Andy Carroll loan ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Nagy is a tidy and tactically intelligent player as well as an excellent character to have in the dressing room and he is always at the heart of his teams’ moves. He’s a perfect defensive shield and can play in any position in a central midfield made of two or three players. Recently, he reached the round of 16 at Euro 2016 with Hungary where he partnered club teammate Zoltan Gera in a defensive partnership in front of the back four to help guard against the threat of attacking midfielders. A mainly right-footed player, Nagy came straight up through the Ferencvaros youth system and quickly made his first-team debut with the added pressure of being lauded as an up-and-coming prospect. Since then, he has never left the starting XI of choice for the Hungarian champions who won their 29th league title and 22nd Hungarian Cup just a couple of months ago. Simultaneously, Nagy made his way through the international youth system and skipped straight from Under-20 level to the first team, making just one appearance for the Under-21s although he had to do a lot of gym work to bulk out. Since his debut against Northern Ireland, he has been a mainstay of Bernd Storck’s Hungary side. In July 2016, he made a permanent move to Bologna FC.

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Our new midfielders look mobile which is pleasing to see. As much as I've appreciated Marlon I think he's reached his ceiling, we require upgrades which we appear to have acquired. Interesting to see our midfield after they are all fit

I’ve appreciated him too but feel we’ve progressed and he just needs too many touches, too much time on the ball.