IGNORED

Euro 2020 Tickets (Merged)

Nick Wilde

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I know you’re looking for a bite here but seriously WTF?

How are some people getting tickets for so many games and others ending up with nothing? Statically the odds of getting multiple games should be tiny given the number of applicants. I’m suspicious of the process now.

I agree. Seems a bit odd. People I know either got nothing or multiple games and usually the Wembley ones...

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

To those who got nothing in the ballot, did you check the box that you would accept tickets in another category? Interested if that actually makes a difference, albeit from the small sample size that is OTIB.

Yep - we got tickets for one match in Rome in Category 3 but for Wembley we were upgraded to Category 2. So it did make a difference.

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

To those who got nothing in the ballot, did you check the box that you would accept tickets in another category? Interested if that actually makes a difference, albeit from the small sample size that is OTIB.

I applied for 16 tickets on two accounts, and had 12 friends do roughly the same thing. Most accepted tickets in another category and between us one person got 4 tickets to a Wembley game.

100% agree it’s odd, I got all the Wembley group games x4, and on a separate application I also got the last 16 x4.

i applied on the very first day possible and was suprised and very happy.

my mate applied same time and got two Wembley group games and the semi final 

Happy Days

26 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Yes I did, I have two games at Cat 2 and two games at Cat 3.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I agree. Seems a bit odd. People I know either got nothing or multiple games and usually the Wembley ones...

1 hour ago, leylandsroad said:

100% agree it’s odd, I got all the Wembley group games x4, and on a separate application I also got the last 16 x4.

i applied on the very first day possible and was suprised and very happy.

my mate applied same time and got two Wembley group games and the semi final 

Happy Days

There is something dubious going on here. In a random and massively oversubscribed ballot, statistically the odds of getting all four Wembley group games must be vanishingly small.

It should simply have been the case that anyone getting tickets for game 1 wasn’t considered for game 2, and so on, ensuring the most equal distribution of tickets possible.

Crap from UEFA, frankly.

On 06/08/2019 at 11:59, Keith Welch said:

Will they check IDs at the stadiums? Just wondering in terms of selling them on/swapping. Like I said, I was accepted for way too many and torn on whether or not to buy them.

In the various tournaments I have attended (WC and Euros) not once do I recall an attempt to match the name on the ticket with the name on an ID. In addition, tickets are issued in the names of corporate sponsors and national associations: i.e., they never carry the name of an individual. There was the need for a Fan ID for Russia, but that was never matched to a ticket.

There is a facebook group that has been going since at least Euro2016, if not before, that serves as a swap-shop (01 811 8055, 01 if outside of London) for tickets: face value only, touts get quickly booted. I used it a few times in 2016 to offload spares.

FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro Finals-Buy, Sell and Trade Tickets

https://www.facebook.com/groups/442856232554681/

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There is something dubious going on here. In a random and massively oversubscribed ballot, statistically the odds of getting all four Wembley group games must be vanishingly small.

It should simply have been the case that anyone getting tickets for game 1 wasn’t considered for game 2, and so on, ensuring the most equal distribution of tickets possible.

Crap from UEFA, frankly.

Not least for the fact there are only 3 group games at Wembley.....

I get your point

On 06/08/2019 at 23:04, One Team In Keynsham said:

I should be over for the R16 game: England if they win their group. We are overdue a reunion: last time was R16 in Nice, that went well.

Don't mention bloody Nice. I retired from international football that night... But making a come back after 4 year hiatus. 

If England win group Dublin will be great. Defo meet up for a few jars 

Hope you are well fella 

They're sending emails to unsuccessful applicants as part of the 'Fans First' resale. They offer a chance to buy tickets that have been allocated but not taken up. Worth checking inboxes. Bad news is that if you don't get an email you don't get the link to buy tickets. One of our party did get an email just now and bought tickets for matches in Rome - where we'll be. Rather incredibly it was the only person in our party to get allocated any tickets in the first place...so I'm not sure how the system works!

Good friend to have though!

9 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

They're sending emails to unsuccessful applicants as part of the 'Fans First' resale. They offer a chance to buy tickets that have been allocated but not taken up. Worth checking inboxes. Bad news is that if you don't get an email you don't get the link to buy tickets. One of our party did get an email just now and bought tickets for matches in Rome - where we'll be. Rather incredibly it was the only person in our party to get allocated any tickets in the first place...so I'm not sure how the system works!

Good friend to have though!

I got allocated tickets in the first place. I also have the email.

However, I've been waiting for well over an hour now and not got through the 'Waiting Room' so no idea what's left.

I believe you can only purchase tickets for matches that you originally applied for, and that were allocated to someone else, but never paid for.

1 minute ago, Coxy27 said:

I got allocated tickets in the first place. I also have the email.

However, I've been waiting for well over an hour now and not got through the 'Waiting Room' so no idea what's left.

I believe you can only purchase tickets for matches that you originally applied for, and that were allocated to someone else, but never paid for.

I think that must be right. My friend got allocated tickets for the middle of the 3 matches in Rome and today got the chance to buy them for the other two...which he has. 

What seems odd - or is maybe just a coincidence - is that the five of us who weren't successful at all in the first ballot didn't get an email.

Archived