Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Euro 2020 Tickets (Merged)


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed!

 

 

17 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Went to euro 2016 in France without tickets. Still a fantastic experience. 

Went to euro 2016 in France with tickets for England Iceland in Nice. After that, will always prefer the no ticket option.

Edited by Bedred31
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thought for those who missed out - in 2016 we got an email advising of a sale of 'restricted view' tickets for some of the matches. We got 4 for England v Wales - found ourselves in the very front row of the VIP families and friends enclosure. More or less on the pitch. Tiny rail blocking a bit of the view. Celebrated with the players when England got the winner!...so there is hope!

Edited by Red Exile
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got 2 tickets for the opening group A game in Rome on Friday 12th June, told my son who I thought would be over the moon but didn't get the reply I thought I would, the reply was "oh, not sure about that, dont know who its gonna be". Have to pay for them by 18th Aug so he doesn't have long to decide or I might have to take the wife instead !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Been successful in getting Euro 2020 tickets through the Ballot. Will be a Group D game in Wembley.

The hosting structure is a bit confusing, anyone know how it all works? Apparently host nations will play at least 2 games at home. 

Cheers

Wolf

I’ve got tickets for a Group D game at Wembley. Friday 19 June game, so do I have a 2 in 3 chance of watching England?

Booked a hotel already. £45 with parking!  Not expecting the Ritz, but walking distance to the stadium and somewhere to pass out after a night out in the big smoke!

Edited by zombie
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zombie said:

I’ve got tickets for a Group D game at Wembley. Friday 19 June game, so do I have a 2 in 3 chance of watching England?

Booked a hotel already. £45 with parking!  Not expecting the Ritz, but walking distance to the stadium and somewhere to pass out after a night out in the big smoke!

I have the same game. I think you're right 2/3 should be at Wembley for England. Fingers crossed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got none after applying for all the Wembley games in cheapest category.

in better news my mate landed 4 tickets for the final so I have shotgunned one of those.

for those with Wembley group tickets, I’ve got a feeling if Scots don’t qualify then England will prob play all 3 there, not just a minimum 2

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a buying group from all over. 5 or 6 of us in Canada, lads from Australia and home. 

Most of us were unsuccessful. But we had lads hit 5 games on one app. Most got games but submitted multiple apps. Luck of the draw. 

We have tix all over the shop. Missus gave me a week away...  So last game and rd16 in Budapest then over to Dublin for rnd 16. 

Short and Sweet but 3 games in week I will take everyday of every week. 

Stevo

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

We had a buying group from all over. 5 or 6 of us in Canada, lads from Australia and home. 

Most of us were unsuccessful. But we had lads hit 5 games on one app. Most got games but submitted multiple apps. Luck of the draw. 

We have tix all over the shop. Missus gave me a week away...  So last game and rd16 in Budapest then over to Dublin for rnd 16. 

Short and Sweet but 3 games in week I will take everyday of every week. 

Stevo

Budapest is a beautiful city and also has great nightlife, went a couple of years ago. 

Not sure what the footy stadium is like/how far from the centre, but you will have a cracking time I’m sure. Nice one!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

We had a buying group from all over. 5 or 6 of us in Canada, lads from Australia and home. 

Most of us were unsuccessful. But we had lads hit 5 games on one app. Most got games but submitted multiple apps. Luck of the draw. 

We have tix all over the shop. Missus gave me a week away...  So last game and rd16 in Budapest then over to Dublin for rnd 16. 

Short and Sweet but 3 games in week I will take everyday of every week. 

Stevo

I should be over for the R16 game: England if they win their group. We are overdue a reunion: last time was R16 in Nice, that went well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Keith Welch said:

I applied for way too many, hedging my bets, not realising you had to buy them all or none if you were successful...

I ended up being successful on all of them. Now wondering whether to buy them and risk losing a good amount of money on them.

They will probably have a resale scheme nearer the time like the olympics. So if you've got the money, I'd buy them all and then put up the ones you don't want for resale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe it really however I got 4 tickets to all the Group D games at Wembley and 4 for the last 16 also at Wembley

 

in total cost €1400. Wife wasn’t happy but never mind as the kids are!

 

 

 

 

19 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So I applied for multiple games but got nothing, while other people got tickets for more than one match?!  Given the competition is so oversubscribed, why didn't they make it one match per person?!  Would have been much fairer.

Never mind

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, leylandsroad said:

I can’t believe it really however I got 4 tickets to all the Group D games at Wembley and 4 for the last 16 also at Wembley

 

in total cost €1400. Wife wasn’t happy but never mind as the kids are!

 

 

 

 

Never mind

I know you’re looking for a bite here but seriously WTF?

How are some people getting tickets for so many games and others ending up with nothing? Statically the odds of getting multiple games should be tiny given the number of applicants. I’m suspicious of the process now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I know you’re looking for a bite here but seriously WTF?

How are some people getting tickets for so many games and others ending up with nothing? Statically the odds of getting multiple games should be tiny given the number of applicants. I’m suspicious of the process now.

It'll be no consolation but I share your surprise at the response to your failure to get any tickets. Hard to understand what is going through someone's mind when they come on here to flaunt their good fortune and mock others!

I'm not sure that the system is flawed - as I posted further up the thread our family applied for 6 batches of four tickets to four different matches and one of us got tickets for two of them...the rest nothing. The problem, I think, is to have more or less guaranteed that every group match is a home match for the home team - so every Wembley group match is likely to feature England, Amsterdam  & Holland, Italy in Rome...which makes the demand for those tickets enormous. At previous tournaments its been pretty easy to get tickets to group matches featuring unfancied teams with no local connection.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Exile said:

It'll be no consolation but I share your surprise at the response to your failure to get any tickets. Hard to understand what is going through someone's mind when they come on here to flaunt their good fortune and mock others!

I'm not sure that the system is flawed - as I posted further up the thread our family applied for 6 batches of four tickets to four different matches and one of us got tickets for two of them...the rest nothing. The problem, I think, is to have more or less guaranteed that every group match is a home match for the home team - so every Wembley group match is likely to feature England, Amsterdam  & Holland, Italy in Rome...which makes the demand for those tickets enormous. At previous tournaments its been pretty easy to get tickets to group matches featuring unfancied teams with no local connection.  

I understand that some matches, particularly those at Wembley, will be vastly more popular than others. But I’m seeing examples here and on twitter of people getting tickets for multiple Wembley games. Clearly those games will all be oversubscribed. It seems entirely obvious to me that the process should distribute tickets as evenly as possible between applicants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I understand that some matches, particularly those at Wembley, will be vastly more popular than others. But I’m seeing examples here and on twitter of people getting tickets for multiple Wembley games. Clearly those games will all be oversubscribed. It seems entirely obvious to me that the process should distribute tickets as evenly as possible between applicants.

I think they must have done it game by game...rather than individual by individual. In which case the same person could get lucky in every single draw and others in none. Which is a simpler way to organise it I expect, but will throw up extreme cases. Olympic tickets were the same - leaving you with venues populated by people who knew nothing about a sport whilst dedicated followers were locked out. 

In our group one person was lucky and the rest of us were left logging in to discover our disappointment. We're going to have to have a discussion about how we distribute the tickets we have!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...