IGNORED

Stupid question alert...

BCFC1512

8 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

And I’m gonna sound like a terrible fan but I genuinely don’t know the answer.....

why is 1894 on our new badge? When 1897 on old one??

1897 was used on the old badge because the board at the time realised that they'd forgotten the centenary in 1994 and so adopted the year we changed our name from Bristol South End to Bristol City.

I actually pointed this out in the survey last year and Jon Lansdown referred to that when announcing the rebrand.  I like to think I'm the only one who offered that specific feedback...I probably wasn't, but nice to know that if I was then I helped influence the club! ??

9 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

1897 was used on the old badge because the board at the time realised that they'd forgotten the centenary in 1994 and so adopted the year we changed our name from Bristol South End to Bristol City.

I actually pointed this out in the survey last year and Jon Lansdown referred to that when announcing the rebrand.  I like to think I'm the only one who offered that specific feedback...I probably wasn't, but nice to know that if I was then I helped influence the club! ??

Thank you. Knew it would be a simple answer.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Yep, as above renamed Bristol City in 1897 ( there wasn't a Bristol R*vers until 1899 ) . The original club started in 1894 as Bristol South End.

I’ve always thought it may have been cool to have kept the name Bristol South End - it would have shoved the annoying ‘unique’ claims back down the sags’ throats and would have sort of cemented our fans’ mutual appreciation with PNE followers ...

• Admin
19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve always thought it may have been cool to have kept the name Bristol South End - it would have shoved the annoying ‘unique’ claims back down the sags’ throats and would have sort of cemented our fans’ mutual appreciation with PNE followers ...

What about the crowd over in Essex. 

Now that would have been confusing? 

Archived