IGNORED

Zac - Loan to Aberdeen Confirmed

Roger Red Hat

On 06/08/2019 at 20:23, Davefevs said:

Think Vyner, having played 30+ games in the Champ, deserves a better loan.

New RB Pereira is a partial nail in Zak’s coffin.

Is Aberdeen a step up from where Zak played last season ?

Perhaps no Champ club showed an interest.

I agree with Secret Sam shame we couldn't get them to take Hunt.

I would say it is a step up for Zak. Aberdeen have done reasonably well under McInnes. Regularly getting into the position that a win against the Old firm would of kept them challenging for top 2. Should be less of a backs to the wall season for him after the hard season with Rotherham . 

I was under the impression we rated him at the club. Like Kelly, he's ultimately seen as a CB but needs to thicken out a bit and gain more experience. 

I think this is a decent loan for him, Aberdeen are a good side and the experience of playing in a team that doesn't lose the majority of their games (ala Rotherham) might be great for him.

It's possible there wasn't any Championship clubs willing to take him that could commit to playing him in most of their games. 

Wouldn't write him off just yet - this time a year ago lots of people thought Taylor Moore was deadwood but he looks to be well involved in the first team now. 

18 hours ago, Pound Lane Red said:

I would say it is a step up for Zak. Aberdeen have done reasonably well under McInnes. Regularly getting into the position that a win against the Old firm would of kept them challenging for top 2. Should be less of a backs to the wall season for him after the hard season with Rotherham . 

There are two tough(ish) teams in the SPL - both Glasgow clubs. Part from those two every other game is a doddle. If anything Vyner has stepped down in quality.

Bizarre move.

We've got two fit CBs. Can't rely on Wright or Baker to play 20+ games a year, and Moore, though highly rated, is a huge gamble at this level.

We've got two RBs. Pereira will take time to get up to speed, and Hunt has also suffered with injury problems. Wright can deputise, but we lose all attacking threat from that position with him - although arguably much more defensively sound, and we just cant rely on his fitness. 

Vyner could cover both positions and has a seasons worth of experience at this level. 

I can only guess we had several CB moves fall through yesterday and we let him leave early, instead of holding on like with Taylor until we had a replacement in. 

Archived