IGNORED

Brum pubs

RedSetters

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen

I have done a quick dash around some of the pubs around New Street and asked the staff what their policy is and the ciders on offer.

Head of Steam - No colours ideally but door staff will show discretion. As alluded to above, they do Stowford Press and they have a guest cider on cask in the back. Plus some fruit cider which i've never heard of.

Flight Club - Darts pub. No Colours at all, no large groups. They do Orchard Thieves and Bulmers

Trocodero - All shirts fine, no bother to them, cheap, but lacking in cider quality

Sun on the Hill - Thatchers Gold and Haze galore, but his door staff are a tad more picky but as long as you've not had a skinful before hand, you should be ok

Briar Rose - Girl i spoke to said they have no intention of serving anyone going to any football matches. Whether they have some Minority Report esque precogs in their basement i do not know, but how they plan on implementing that policy is beyond me. Ignore. not worth your hassle.

The Wellington - No under 18's (strictly), but happy to have all fans in there. Hogans on draft and a few guest ciders on offer. It's an ale pub.

the Square Peg - Plenty of ciders including Angry Orchard, all fans wearing colours welcome.

The Shakespeare - first pub you see on exiting New Street. Forgot to go in to ask. Will ask them tomorrow but i imagine home fans only.

If you want something near the ground then google is your friend, i aint traveling all the way out there in my lunch break

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen

I have done a quick dash around some of the pubs around New Street and asked the staff what their policy is and the ciders on offer.

Head of Steam - No colours ideally but door staff will show discretion. As alluded to above, they do Stowford Press and they have a guest cider on cask in the back. Plus some fruit cider which i've never heard of.

Flight Club - Darts pub. No Colours at all, no large groups. They do Orchard Thieves and Bulmers

Trocodero - All shirts fine, no bother to them, cheap, but lacking in cider quality

Sun on the Hill - Thatchers Gold and Haze galore, but his door staff are a tad more picky but as long as you've not had a skinful before hand, you should be ok

Briar Rose - Girl i spoke to said they have no intention of serving anyone going to any football matches. Whether they have some Minority Report esque precogs in their basement i do not know, but how they plan on implementing that policy is beyond me. Ignore. not worth your hassle.

The Wellington - No under 18's (strictly), but happy to have all fans in there. Hogans on draft and a few guest ciders on offer. It's an ale pub.

the Square Peg - Plenty of ciders including Angry Orchard, all fans wearing colours welcome.

The Shakespeare - first pub you see on exiting New Street. Forgot to go in to ask. Will ask them tomorrow but i imagine home fans only.

If you want something near the ground then google is your friend, i aint traveling all the way out there in my lunch break

Thank you, Mr Batman. Very kind of you to share this information ?. Looks like The Sun on the Hill could be the winner for me :drunk2:

On 08/08/2019 at 17:01, swampy said:

"ummm…….west broms in Birmingham...."

Really??  It wasn't when I lived that way .... 

Well I’ve been to Birmingham 3 times and 3 times I’ve seen the visiting supporters who were at the Hawthorns that day. No trouble should I add!

They will most likely be drinking in the same places.

Archived