IGNORED

Trimming Squad

Sparkz 76

Marley Watkins for me.

The most worrying for me though is Nathan Baker .He had another concussion injury which is very worrying not just for the club but for him personally.

I feel very sorry for him because on his day him and Kalas imho would be first choice but his injury record is awful.

Bailey Wright? Club capt but never plays 

I did feel Taylor Moore was great Sunday though.

Another departure for me would be Liam Walsh as hasn’t had an opportunity to show us what he can do_ apart from Stoke game.

Watkins. Baker or Wright. Permanents  

COD hopefully. 

Brownhill. I STILL cannot see what he gives us! ( big money move )

taylor. 

Vyner loan. 

Walsh loan. 

Pato been rumoured. 

Got to get rid of 6 or 7. No idea how likely that is with just two days left!!

Watkins can have mutual termination so he can get a club, he's watsing time staying imho.

I'd reckon Wright, Taylor, Paterson, wonder whether Vyner may go permanent.

Then Loans for; Adelakun, Janneh, Bakinson, Walsh, and Wollacott. Review when they return, recall clause for Walsh (in Jan) if needed.

Current squad (including prospective players):

Goalkeepers:

- Bentley

- Gilmartin

- Maenpaa

- Wollacott

I don't think we will see any player moving on due to the homegrown player requirement. Woolacott may find himself on the bench a surprising number of times this season. 

Fullbacks:

- Hunt

- Dasilva

- Vyner

- Rowe

- Pereira (rumoured)

Vyner to move out on loan which is a slight shame. Concerned that if Dasilva is injured, we may struggle at LB. 

Centre-backs:

- Wright

- Baker

- Kalas

- Moore

Potential incoming player (?)

In an ideal world we'd move on one of Baker or Wright. The former is rumoured to be on significant wages and a player we could do without. If Moore does not get many minutes this season, I would like to see him moved out on loan in January.

Central Midfielders:

Brownhill

- Smith

- Walsh

- Szmodics

- Paterson

- Pack

- Bakinson

- Massengo

- Palmer

- Nagy (rumoured)

This list is amazingly lengthy and we need to see some movement here. The best scenario would be for Walsh and Bakinson to move out on loan, Paterson to be moved out of the side. As posted in another thread, it is sad but he is a player that will need to move on if we are serious about our Premier League ambitions. I'd like to see another move on given the incoming players.

Wingers:

O'Dowda

- Watkins

- Adelakun

- Eliasson

I'd like to see Watkins and Adelakun move on but I'm am unsure who would take him on. If there is no news on O'Dowda's contract, it would be best for him to be out of the door.

Attackers:

- Diedhiou

- Weimann

- Taylor

- Semenyo

- Janneh

- Nketiah (rumoured)

Taylor to exit by the end of the window and Janneh out on loan when he recovers from his operation.

So, based on my analysis, I'd like to see 9 (!) players loaned out or sold in the next two days! Obviously this will not be the case but I have never seen a Bristol City squad so bloated. 

Watkins and Adelukan hardly feature, so those two for starters. 

We seem over-run with midfielders. Walsh rarely plays, so we should let him go. Paterson’s time looks like it could be up with the signings of Palmer and Szmodics. 

Also Baker and Wright are out of favour, although if both of them left it would leave us short of cover at the back. 

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Watkins can have mutual termination so he can get a club, he's watsing time staying imho.

I'd reckon Wright, Taylor, Paterson, wonder whether Vyner may go permanent.

Then Loans for; Adelakun, Janneh, Bakinson, Walsh, and Wollacott. Review when they return, recall clause for Walsh (in Jan) if needed.

Gotta be on £10k per week, so that’s £2m owed for the rest of his contract.  Gonna have to “mutually” agree to most of that to get him to go.  Little incentive otherwise.

Would be better just letting him leave for no fee, but someone take on his contract.

12 hours ago, nickolas said:

Watkins. Baker or Wright. Permanents  

COD hopefully. 

Brownhill. I STILL cannot see what he gives us! ( big money move )

taylor. 

Vyner loan. 

Walsh loan. 

Pato been rumoured. 

Got to get rid of 6 or 7. No idea how likely that is with just two days left!!

Its finding some other sucker, ......sorry club to take them though.

38 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Watkins

walsh

adeluken

COD

Baker

Matt Taylor

Pato

Think Adelukan has more to give, he had a tough time with injuries last season. I think Walsh is a good player and really think he'd benefit from a loan to League 1 where he plays every week. 

I wouldn't be disappointed if any of the others left though.

I would keep Taylor. Nasty in your face player, the type we've consistently lacked. He may not have scored many but he's never had a run of games. He's always effective off the bench. I can't help wonder if a run of games would grow his confidence and see a return of 3 goals over 10 game average, which would pretty much put him on par with Fammy. 

2 hours ago, Lucan said:

You think we have a bloated squad then look at Nottingham Forest's

Goalkeepers:

Costel Pantilimon

Jordan Smith

Luke Steele

Arijanet Muric

Brice Samba

Fullbacks:

Yuri Ribeiro

Carl Jenkinson

Jack Robinson

Tendayi Darikwa

Jayden Richardson

Centre-backs:

Tobias Figueiredo

Joe Worrall

Alexander Milošević

Michael Dawson

Yohan Benalouane

Michael Hefele

Central Midfielders:

Adlène Guedioura

Ben Watson

Alfa Semedo

Samba Sow

Ryan Yates

Claudio Yacob

Liam Bridcutt

Tiago Silva

Brennan Johnson

Toby Edser

Wingers:

João Carvalho

Matty Cash

Sammy Ameobi

Joe Lolley

Albert Adomah

Gboly Ariyibi

Alex Mighten

Attackers:

Lewis Grabban

Daryl Murphy

Rafa Mir

Jason Cummings

Zach Clough

Arvin Appiah

So much waste and high wages there!  And they are still being linked to players like John Bostock,  Chema Rodriguez and Scott McKenna

City are ran so much better than some clubs...

Aye, that squad would give me nightmares.

Vyner has been registered by Aberdeen for their match tonight so official announcement soon I expect. 

Marley should go for the good of his career he won't get games. 

I think Matty will be off which will be a shame. I expect Pato to go as well. Hinds as well he's not really kicked on as hoped. 

Baker or Wright to go, Bailey has 12 months left on his contract so could make some cash their or Baker who will be on more cash but would be my preference for cover. 

I'd also look to loan Adelakun and Bakinson to league one clubs. 

Archived