IGNORED

Sunday 5th May 2019.

BCFC1512

Our season ended and although was disappointing to miss out on the play offs when we’d been in them for so long think we can agree was a very good season and we had moved forward as a club. One of the first things LJ, MA & SL came out with was the need for a striker, a goalscorer to take us to the next level. All summer the same 3 have said the same thing ending with a few days ago Mark Ashton pretty much promising us a proven 9! Now with 24 hours to window shuts we still have no striker, no proven 9! We have clearly wasted the whole transfer window on EN and and F**ked it up!! Why oh why haven’t we a back up plan we should of signed then tried for EN!!

Long hard season ahead I’m afraid :(

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Messed up a golden opportunity 

Surely it’s better to build a solid squad and club and go up with that? We could have got promoted last season and had this squad in the PL. Or done what Fulham et al have done and spend £100m and come straight back down after winning about 3 games all season. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Redbo said:

Surely it’s better to build a solid squad and club and go up with that? We could have got promoted last season and had this squad in the PL. Or done what Fulham et al have done and spend £100m and come straight back down after winning about 3 games all season. 

Members of a solid squad will always be tempted away by money or playing at a higher level, so that squad will forever be evolving, if an opportunity comes along to go up, it should be grasped, no matter if the squad isn’t fully ready.

Phone Newcastle and find out how much they want for Dwight Gayle.  Add him to this squad now and it will almost guarantee a top 2 finish!

Apart from that missing clinical forward player, this is the strongest, most exciting City squad I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Our season ended and although was disappointing to miss out on the play offs when we’d been in them for so long think we can agree was a very good season and we had moved forward as a club. One of the first things LJ, MA & SL came out with was the need for a striker, a goalscorer to take us to the next level. All summer the same 3 have said the same thing ending with a few days ago Mark Ashton pretty much promising us a proven 9! Now with 24 hours to window shuts we still have no striker, no proven 9! We have clearly wasted the whole transfer window on EN and and F**ked it up!! Why oh why haven’t we a back up plan we should of signed then tried for EN!!

For someone who actually watches football and appears to travel to away games, so I had assumed would have a certain level of knowledge of the game - this is one of the most pathetic posts I’ve ever read..!

Plain and simple, the transfer window hasn’t closed yet. Our main target EN hasn’t gone anywhere else, yet. You are basing your comments on pure speculation in the media & Twitter. 

At least save such childish throwing of toys from your Pram, until we actually know the situation, at 5pm tomorrow, eh..! 

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

How do you know we haven’t looked at others? Another pointless doom and gloom post

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

For someone who actually watches football and appears to travel to away games, so I had assumed would have a certain level of knowledge of the game - this is one of the most pathetic posts I’ve ever read..!

Plain and simple, the transfer window hasn’t closed yet. Our main target EN hasn’t gone anywhere else, yet. You are basing your comments on pure speculation in the media & Twitter. 

At least save such childish throwing of toys from your Pram, until we actually know the situation, at 5pm tomorrow, eh..! 

Just annoyed! I hate social media bring back waiting till 5pm on deadline day in March and looking through the list on Ceefax haha

2 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Just annoyed! I hate social media bring back waiting till 5pm on deadline day in March and looking through the list on Ceefax haha

Yes, I get that. 

I think too many people are losing the plot..!

Just leave your phone at home or on silent tomorrow and see what’s what when you get home. It will honestly make ZERO difference to what happens, but may do wonders for your mental health..! 

4 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Messed up a golden opportunity 

4 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Please stay away from sharp objects or bridges 

I’m sure you posted this absolute horseshit when we sold 3 key players last season as well

6 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

We have clearly wasted the whole transfer window on EN and and F**ked it up!! Why oh why haven’t we a back up plan we should of signed then tried for EN!!

Oh utterly brilliant.  A back-up plan, by definition, comes AFTER a first plan.  But you want the back-up to come first, so we spend spend money on a second, third or fourth choice, and THEN sign the person we were really after.  So now we have our  first choice, but we also have the cost of buying the back-up, and the back-ups wages, still to pay.  And if we then get into difficulties with FFP down the line, bloody numpties like you will be tut-tutting about the shortcomings of the club.  Duh!

7 hours ago, bcdc said:

Oh utterly brilliant.  A back-up plan, by definition, comes AFTER a first plan.  But you want the back-up to come first, so we spend spend money on a second, third or fourth choice, and THEN sign the person we were really after.  So now we have our  first choice, but we also have the cost of buying the back-up, and the back-ups wages, still to pay.  And if we then get into difficulties with FFP down the line, bloody numpties like you will be tut-tutting about the shortcomings of the club.  Duh!

I get what you're saying, but isn't that the same sort of thing we've done with Smodics and Palmer?  Seems to me they play the same position (of sorts, depending on LJ's mood).  Was Smodics the back up plan to Palmer?

39 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I get what you're saying, but isn't that the same sort of thing we've done with Smodics and Palmer?  Seems to me they play the same position (of sorts, depending on LJ's mood).  Was Smodics the back up plan to Palmer?

Yes, I get what you’re saying, but the difference with strikers is their scarcity and, therefore, price.which means that a much greater proportion of available spending has to be put aside, as it were, for them.  Get your sub optimal choice in first and you’re likely to be really curtailing your freedom of financial movement for getting in a preferred choice...if, that is, you have an eye on FFP.

As to Szmodics and Palmer, not sure yet that they fill the same slot. Sammie looks to me like he’s got the better engine, will be more mobile and with a more imposing game than Kasey...but only seen SS in clips and not in the flesh, so going to have leave that one there.

22 minutes ago, bcdc said:

Yes, I get what you’re saying, but the difference with strikers is their scarcity and, therefore, price.which means that a much greater proportion of available spending has to be put aside, as it were, for them.  Get your sub optimal choice in first and you’re likely to be really curtailing your freedom of financial movement for getting in a preferred choice...if, that is, you have an eye on FFP.

As to Szmodics and Palmer, not sure yet that they fill the same slot. Sammie looks to me like he’s got the better engine, will be more mobile and with a more imposing game than Kasey...but only seen SS in clips and not in the flesh, so going to have leave that one there.

All good points, and when you put it like that, makes good sense.  Aha, that's where the Z is in Sammy's surname, I knew there was a 'Z' in there somewhere, just couldn't recall it's place!

4 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Well looks like we’ve been lied too! That’s the annoying think MA shouldn’t of come out and pretty much promise us a proven 9!!

Ashton never promised us a no.9 you snowflake

he said it was vital and we had one almost in the bag until he failed to turn up for his medical 

• Admin
20 hours ago, Redbo said:

We are miles from a settled squad, I assume you realise we are already in double figures alone for signings this summer !!

• Admin

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Ashton never promised us a no.9 you snowflake

he said it was vital and we had one almost in the bag until he failed to turn up for his medical 

But why, when we are hours away from the deadline we are rushing around panicking about who to bring in?

It's not just this transfer window we have failed to get either a second forward or someone to replace Fammy off the bench etc?

The clock is potentially ticking away on this season for us already......

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

But why, when we are hours away from the deadline we are rushing around panicking about who to bring in?

It's not just this transfer window we have failed to get either a second forward or someone to replace Fammy off the bench etc?

The clock is potentially ticking away on this season for us already......

Because the player we had lined up shit on us from a great height you can’t blame the club for it at all

Archived