IGNORED

Promotion Chances Diminishing

John Galley

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

So to recap:

- we have lost best defender but have secured next 2 best permanently.

- promising youngster had decent game against best team (?) in division onSunday

- We have provenChampionship CBs in reserve

- may be in for another before deadline anyway 

- now v well covered for goalkeepers

- right back competition / first choice upgrade(?) secured

-most importantly: midfield now well stocked with quality, with more to come possibly. The lack of cover was our biggest problem last season. BY FAR. We can rotate and play a high press for longer.

- disappointing re EN if true but i’m Certain we have back ups and another 24 hours to go......

- overall I think we are better off than last year, with a day to go.

We are worse off than last year because now we have too many players in the squad and they will kill the dressing room togetherness meaning that we will go down with players on huge contracts that nobody can afford to buy out even if they wanted to , which they won’t.

We are screwed .

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We are worse off than last year because now we have too many players in the squad and they will kill the dressing room togetherness meaning that we will go down with players on huge contracts that nobody can afford to buy out even if they wanted to , which they won’t.

We are screwed .

We have lots out of contract next year and a number on loan this year only. If Massengo alone is half decent then we won’t be worse off finacially.

that said I have a nagging doubt you’re on to something re ‘teamspirit’. However, don’t players respond to competition, if that competition is strong?

2 hours ago, John Galley said:

Without a 20+ goal scorer to go along side our existing strike force, we have no chance of getting promotion. You only have to look at the likes of Wolves, Sheffield United, Villa and even Leeds and Derby, they all had this vital ingredient that we are missing. I said before we should not have put all our eggs in one basket with this Arsenal lad and now the best we can hope for are the second rate strikers that are left, all our other targets have been transferred to other clubs.

Ashton out

2 hours ago, John Galley said:

Without a 20+ goal scorer to go along side our existing strike force, we have no chance of getting promotion. You only have to look at the likes of Wolves, Sheffield United, Villa and even Leeds and Derby, they all had this vital ingredient that we are missing. I said before we should not have put all our eggs in one basket with this Arsenal lad and now the best we can hope for are the second rate strikers that are left, all our other targets have been transferred to other clubs.

What promotion chances?

Nothings really changed.

2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

It doesn’t take a ******* rocket scientist to realise that if we don’t sign a decent striker we won’t be anywhere near 1 game or not!!

We came close last year and we didn’t have that decent striker

2 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

If as it appears we lose out to Leeds at the last minute for Nketiah's  signature then we are going to find ourselves in the bizarre position of fans feeling despondent despite the club having shelled out millions.

Why we can't address the forward situation is beyond me. The club must be commended for the signings secured but today along with the performance on Saturday has my mood low. Still, I'll be there next game hopeful as ever.

We are a relatively small club in this league, big names are going to choose bigger clubs because a) they are seen as a better move and b) likely able to pay much more

were moving towards being more self sufficient and in time can afford bigger fees and wages but until then we are never going to be front of the queue for the biggest names.

that leaves us with two options, as breaking the bank isn’t a viable solution the only alternative is looking at lower league players/overseas players or otherwise lesser “known” players and taking a bit of a gamble.

2 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

It's just always appearing to treat the forward problem as a secondary concern. Why we were even in for a loan and not seeking to secure someone permanently is frustrating. Today's news is just a blow.

How do you know this? You don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, I’m sure the club aren’t stupid and don’t think we don’t need a striker (LJ has even said we need one) so clearly we are looking, we just can’t compete with a lot of clubs in this division

2 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

IF we don’t get a striker in then the club has failed (given that this has been an issue for so long) but at this present moment it is still an ‘if’

FAILED????? Jeez,  there is absolutely no law in this land that states a player (or a number of targeted players) our management team are interested in recruiting for BCFC MUST complete the deal and sign on for us.  

One of my international Clients called me last week begging me to cover a senior job for them in Grimsby for 3 months whilst they recruit a permanent solution.  Money was really good and I really am the best bloke for their project……….but I told them to do one.

My Client hasn't failed……I knocked them back and they couldn't do anything to change my mind.  Grimsby????  Naaah.        ?     ?     ✋

18 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

What sense does it make to keep on making the same old bloody mistakes year on year?

I’m sorry I must of dreamt the year on year improvement in club stature league position and finances as well as quality of players being signed, 

i also apologise I forgot the transfer window was closed and that the league finished Sunday oh well at least the gas got relegated 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I’m sorry I must of dreamt the year on year improvement in club stature league position and finances as well as quality of players being signed, 

i also apologise I forgot the transfer window was closed and that the league finished Sunday oh well at least the gas got relegated 

Glad your happy ??

Just now, KeepUpLino said:

Glad your happy ??

I haven’t said I was

but I’m also not acting like a toddler who has been told they can’t have any sweets and is throwing a tantrum 

we could win the next 20 games in a row 1-0 you don’t know you can’t predict it,

im sure you predicted relegation last season when flint Bryan and Reid were sold and acting like you are now then

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Patience 

I haven’t said I was

but I’m also not acting like a toddler who has been told they can’t have any sweets and is throwing a tantrum 

we could win the next 20 games in a row 1-0 you don’t know you can’t predict it,

im sure you predicted relegation last season when flint Bryan and Reid were sold and acting like you are now then

You’re so right I know and yes I’m a petulant child throwing my toys out the pram..

It’s why I was bald at 26 ?

Patience 

I haven’t said I was

You’re so right I know and yes I’m a petulant child throwing my toys out the pram..

Patience 

I haven’t said I was

Patience 

I haven’t said I was

Patience 

I haven’t said I was

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I haven’t said I was

Did you get that ?

8 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

FAILED????? Jeez,  there is absolutely no law in this land that states a player (or a number of targeted players) our management team are interested in recruiting for BCFC MUST complete the deal and sign on for us.  

One of my international Clients called me last week begging me to cover a senior job for them in Grimsby for 3 months whilst they recruit a permanent solution.  Money was really good and I really am the best bloke for their project……….but I told them to do one.

My Client hasn't failed……I knocked them back and they couldn't do anything to change my mind.  Grimsby????  Naaah.        ?     ?     ✋

Congratulations Mr. Big shot.

We have needed a striker for the last 2 or 3 windows so if we don’t get one then they have failed to address the issue. We can all see it, even the management have said it within the last week. 

3 hours ago, John Galley said:

Think you are a tat premature, this can be a problem

27 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

We are a relatively small club in this league, big names are going to choose bigger clubs because a) they are seen as a better move and b) likely able to pay much more

were moving towards being more self sufficient and in time can afford bigger fees and wages but until then we are never going to be front of the queue for the biggest names.

that leaves us with two options, as breaking the bank isn’t a viable solution the only alternative is looking at lower league players/overseas players or otherwise lesser “known” players and taking a bit of a gamble.

Agree with all of this. Perhaps EN was too high quality then? Presumably there is something of a compromise out there? May be we just blood Semanyo and see what happens but given him proper game time.

3 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Congratulations Mr. Big shot.

We have needed a striker for the last 2 or 3 windows so if we don’t get one then they have failed to address the issue. We can all see it, even the management have said it within the last week. 

I agree - I'm 100% with you on the need for someone to come in.  I just don't think the club have 'failed'.  If it's a case of not paying as much money as others for FFP reasons, or not being seen as an attractive 'Big Club' in the eyes of a target, nothing will drag an unwilling striker here (unless he's after a final tasty contract).  

Not having a pop at you personally, much like you're not having a go at me just coz I'm filthy rich and extremely talented!  However, I wouldn't get out of bed for the paltry amount the club are likely to offer me to go up front for them.

Love you xx

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I think the OP doesn’t fully grasp just how difficult it is to recruit a striker who is a) up to Championship quality b) affordable.

Almost all Championship clubs are searching for decent quality strikers. There aren’t  that many out there that meet the criteria.

But guess whos failed to get one al same old same old .

Archived