IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

I bet they still owe us £5m  - write it off and have him back. I know we were close to getting him on loan in Jan and then the Salah tragedy happened

I can see why this could be a good fit for everyone involved, but that head tapping 5hit still rankles with me. He jumped ship far too quickly after one good season on top of God knows how many frustrating ones.

Mind you, once he pulls on that red shirt, it'll probably all be forgotten. Football eh?!

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why? Opportunity comes up, clearly fits with our system. Knows the area and players so won't need time to bed in. Added experience of playing in the Premier League - you can see why we'd like the idea.

If this as any truth...

1. Would probably not even been a thought a few weeks ago.

2. Easy option and please most fans with a ‘coming home story’

3. A step backwards.

4. See what you’re saying but just my initial thoughts.

1 minute ago, Dingbat said:

I can see why this could be a good fit for everyone involved, but that head tapping 5hit still rankles with me. He jumped ship far too quickly after one good season on top of God knows how many frustrating ones.

Mind you, once he pulls on that red shirt, it'll probably all be forgotten. Football eh?!

I didn’t like the tappy head thing either but MA  did more or less say we sold to the highest bidder so perhaps bobby was just happy to go to a prem club , whoever they were. 

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

He's had one good season as a striker. I'm not convinced he can do it again. 

So he played in a new position/new role with us for one season in the Championship and smashed it, and your not convinced he can do it again?

If your logic is based on his last season with Cardiff, that you don't think he can do it again then i disagree. They're not comparable.

I'd have him back in a shot. LJ clearly knows how to use/get the best out of him.

“Still 0-0 here at Ashton Gate, 93rd minute. Bristol City on the ball with Eliasson, he plays a through ball in to Reid, Bobby has beaten flint for pace as the 6ft 6 man falls to the floor trying to turn around, Reid’s through on goal, OH AND HE’S SCORED, UNBELIEVABLE SCENES. FANS ARE FALLING OVER THE ADVERTISING BOARD AS REID PATS HIS HEAD IN FRONT OF THE AWAY END. Neil Warnock's on his knees. You just love to see it” 

It’s a yes from me. 

Archived