IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

8 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I wouldn't say no to an eventual team like this.

Formation.PNG

I would, Weimann is wasted on the right and Reid is not a solo striker, when he did well for us he did it as a part of a two, when he was on his own he was highly ineffective. 

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Steve Bruce has said he wants Gayle to stay at Newcastle 

I don’t think Bruce holds the purse strings at Newcastle somehow?

2 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I would have him back in a heart beat but be suprised if this was true seeing as I think he started last weekend

Cardiff have signed Vassell today so pushes him further down the pecking order 

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Murray was never as good when he came back as he was the season prior to being sold 

Didn't he score 27 goals (or something stupid like that) that prior season ?

Hard to live up to that.

One season wonder?

19 appearances and 5 goals, in the Premier League, in a Neil Warnock team that were odds on to be relegated.

I don't know who Cardiff have bought in this summer or if Reid is likely to have been pushed down the pecking order as a result, but you can guarantee that they won't let him go on the cheap. If they owe us for the transfer in the first place, then there's a chance that something could happen, but they're not stupid, especially after the Tomlin transfer.....

Personally though, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Come home Bobby. Please. You will prevent  many middle aged men on here lose their minds.

Today has been shit re EK. Return of the Bob would be like getting an unexpected  massive boner after trapping your dick in the zipper of ur jeans

... maybe    :laugh:

Sorry I'm in the minority here. It's a definite no from me.

Reasons

1. Think his goal scoring season for us was a one off.

2. I don't think he is anywhere near as talented as Nkeitah.

3. He isn't a number 9. More a false 9 or 10

4. Weimann is a better player in the same role if given the chance

5. He jumped at the chance to join Cardiff

6. Basically we should be looking for better and a proper out and out striker

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Not a chance this will happen. Didn’t he more than quadruple his wages when he left for the sheep molesters? 

Not sure on how much more he's on, but he wouldn't have been on a great amount due to being a fringe midfield player the season before.

We also seemed to have moved on a level with regards to wages, so even with some of the names mentioned between Reid leaving and now, paying him what he is currently on, it would be a hell of a lot less than a Vydra, Assombalonga, Gayle etc.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

And then we have the same problem we have now

We don’t , wed play a different way. We played our best football when fam was injured. Bobby being joined up top by pato when we had the ball and josh supporting. We were more fluid.

LJ has been trying to replace Reid since he left. Weimann was bobbys replacement . 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

We don’t , wed play a different way. We played our best football when fam was injured. Bobby being joined up top by pato when we had the ball and josh supporting. We much more fluid.

LJ has been trying to replace Reid since he left. Weimann was bobbys replacement . 

And if reid got injured we’d have a lack of firepower

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

40k a week

The quadrupled his wages 

Yeah I heard from a good source it was £45k odd. Must’ve been relegation clauses in there though. Not sure how they generally work but if it’s a 40/50% reduction then he’s in range I’d imagine. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, he almost certainly had a wage reduction clause upon relegation. As @Davefevs said further up the thread.

Also, if he’s sold before his contract ends without requesting a transfer, isn’t he entitled to the full amount Cardiff offered him in the contract? Meaning they’d top up any difference anyway?

Archived