IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Also, if he’s sold before his contract ends without requesting a transfer, isn’t he entitled to the full amount Cardiff offered him in the contract? Meaning they’d top up any difference anyway?

Good point. Presumably there's other add-ons that Cardiff haven't paid yet (installments etc) so we could potentially be quite creative with finances for this deal. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Cardiff and Colin’s way of playing never suited him. Always thought it was a strange one. If he left on good terms with LJ  then surely lee would be up for it and he would hopefully fit a system he could use. Especially with our new players. 

Camarasa outshone him in that position as the '10'. Personally think Colin missed a trick by not going Camarasa-Reid 4-4-1-1 in those final months- might have made the difference.

Happy he didn't however! Don't suppose Colin thinks in such footballing possibilities so much?

Yeah bringing him back would tick a lot of boxes tbh. Would be a strong addition and make sense IMO.

To all those saying no:

Forget the money. We need someone now and we have the cash.

Ask yourself - come midnight tomorrow, would you rather Reid was in the squad, or we had no new striker at all? At this late stage that might be the stark choice - and if it is, it’s an absolute no brainer for me. Of course you take him.

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

O’rourke is good...would you have Reid back bbsb?

Assuming the Arsenal kid is not coming

And assuming we havnt got a beaut of a foreign striker lined up

With what’s left in the English market and affordable ......

Yes

Some good posts IMHO on here about playing ethos etc would be my main reason - everyone talks about just goals but I think how the striker actually effects the whole team just as , if not more important 

(I would have liked to have seen our plan A and priority , after Kalas Tbf, in the Summer as a permanent striker purchased as opposed to a loan anyway )

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We don’t , wed play a different way. We played our best football when fam was injured. Bobby being joined up top by pato when we had the ball and josh supporting. We were more fluid.

LJ has been trying to replace Reid since he left. Weimann was bobbys replacement . 

If Weimann was Reid’s replacement, why doesn’t he play up top?

9 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Can someone help me out here. 

According to Wiki Reid scored 5 goals in premiership games where as Gayle scored 13 in 66. Where would I find goals per minute for each? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bobby-reid/leistungsdaten/spieler/186186/plus/0?saison=2018

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dwight-gayle/leistungsdaten/spieler/196522

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

And then we have the same problem we have now

Which is?  I think Fam is part of the problem.  I don’t he suits the way we want to play, not is he the right man for the wrong system!!  Shame, there’s a player in there, but as part of a 2.

8 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Also, if he’s sold before his contract ends without requesting a transfer, isn’t he entitled to the full amount Cardiff offered him in the contract? Meaning they’d top up any difference anyway?

But Cardiff might say eff off, you either pay the fee and whatever his wages demands are or look elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Can someone help me out here. 

According to Wiki Reid scored 5 goals in premiership games where as Gayle scored 13 in 66. Where would I find goals per minute for each? 

Transfermarkt.

54 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How isn't it a rumour?!

Well if it means that we made an enquiry, then yes it's a transfer rumour. 

If it means that journo assumes that City would be interested, it's just banal speculation.

"Keep an eye" doesn't tell me which...

Just now, Davefevs said:

Which is?  I think Fam is part of the problem.  I don’t he suits the way we want to play, not is he the right man for the wrong system!!  Shame, there’s a player in there, but as part of a 2.

But Cardiff might say eff off, you either pay the fee and whatever his wages demands are or look elsewhere.

Transfermarkt.

One up front is the problem, we could have any striker in the world Sunday we would of still lost 3-1 due to the tactics

two up top is a must 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

One up front is the problem, we could have any striker in the world Sunday we would of still lost 3-1 due to the tactics

two up top is a must 

You’re probably arguing this with the wrong man then ???

This Window has got too much going on to debate tactics ?

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

two up top is a must 

Our best football under Johnson was when Reid was up on his own with Patterson behind for this few months. Lots of energy, movement and quick passing. Can't do that with Diedhiou

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

The partnership with Reid and Fam were good but I think a partnership of Weimann and Reid could be tasty.

Two pests for central defenders to deal with.

I thought Reid was better when it was him and Patterson before Patterson’s illness. Or was Diedhiou also playing then? 

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

I don't think he could reproduce the form he showed in that one season. Think it was a one off.

Are you kidding?  With the like of Szmodics, Palmer, Eliasson and maybe even the French lad playing him in he'd score even more!

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

This is another wet dream lads. Can’t see it happening. Colin will be behind his iPhone laughing his crusty old nads off

im out

It's probably Colin that has started the rumour in the first place.

Shithousery of the highest order ?

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

two up top is a must 

I think Leeds showed how well one up front can work, we have plenty of players who can play behind the front man (just need a better front man probably)

As for Bobby Reid I'd have him back, only concern is he right kind of striker, strong, tall and powerful more ideal for a one up front role

Couldnt care less about Cardiff thing, he was right to try his luck in my opinion.

Archived