IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

54 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I don’t think Bruce holds the purse strings at Newcastle somehow?

Cardiff have signed Vassell today so pushes him further down the pecking order 

They play Reid as a midfielder so i dont know if vassell signing is going to effect Reid so much ? 

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

I don't think he could reproduce the form he showed in that one season. Think it was a one off.

Bit hard to judge, as most of his career was further back. Cardiff fans I know (got a office in Cardiff so a few to go on) rated him and could not understand why Warnock didn’t use him as much. 

Makes complete sense, This would be the best move for all concerned, although wages as is now could be an issue, unless he took a drop on relegation?  Reid knows the ‘city way’ knows the coaching staff and expectations...if as expected Nketiah move is not happening this would be perfect solution. 

14 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I thought Reid was better when it was him and Patterson before Patterson’s illness. Or was Diedhiou also playing then? 

Diedhiou came back around February which coincided with our slump in form. Patterson then moved to the left wing which doesn't suit him 

This would be the best possible scenario from this window surely? 

For a while now the discussion on here has been ‘find a replacement for Reid’. Now we may be able to re-sign the man himself. 

Suits our system perfectly, and would be coming into a team with more attacking talent than we had in his final season with us. Which you would hope would give him plenty of goal scoring opportunities.

I miss us pressing from the front. Making defenders uncomfortable and forcing a pass. Bobby does that role perfectly.

He would also fill the homegrown criteria required for each match day. 

The impact he could have on Semenyo would be a huge boost as well. Teaching him the role of pressing defenders and positioning in the box.

I can only think of positives from this potential move.

What would some fans have against this signing? The fact that he did the head tap when signing for Cardiff. Move on and accept that having Bobby back is the best player we could get for the role.

I’m sure those few unhappy fans would have no problem cheering his name when he’s consistently putting the ball in the back of the net for us.

45 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Can someone help me out here. 

According to Wiki Reid scored 5 goals in premiership games where as Gayle scored 13 in 66. Where would I find goals per minute for each? 

It's how you play your front man, we all or should have expected Reid to crash and burn under Warnock, and so it was, he would be the ideal signing, but can't see it happening.

Don't get too distracted by goals per minute to rate your strikers, it is apparent we need goals all through the team, and with the team structure now it does seem we have goals  in depth. Thinking back to how we played when Fammy was banned for six matches was very effective, and we were a top side, that's how I want my City to play, and so I believe does LJ.

Would anyone actually class Reid as a 9 though ? Maybe given that we were reported to be in for him in January that this was a target all along with another striker ? I’d be delighted to see him back for the record. 

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's how you play your front man, we all or should have expected Reid to crash and burn under Warnock, and so it was, he would be the ideal signing, but can't see it happening.

Don't get too distracted by goals per minute to rate your strikers, it is apparent we need goals all through the team, and with the team structure now it does seem we have goals  in depth. Thinking back to how we played when Fammy was banned for six matches was very effective, and we were a top side, that's how I want my City to play, and so I believe does LJ.

I agree except for the last bit. LJ seems to be fixed on having a big man up front, which doesn't make the most of the other players he has.

23 minutes ago, wiggybcfc said:

Makes complete sense, This would be the best move for all concerned, although wages as is now could be an issue, unless he took a drop on relegation?  Reid knows the ‘city way’ knows the coaching staff and expectations...if as expected Nketiah move is not happening this would be perfect solution. 

There you go your first 'like'...enjoy.?

Has it really come to this? 

1 good season, made £10m profit. It’s a no from me. 

His stinks of desperation, there is no way this has been “planned” all summer- it’s a knee jerk reaction, I appreciate we were “close” in January, but IF we were still keen since then why didn’t we make this move 7 weeks ago when the window opened? 

Panic stations and AG 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

To all those saying no:

Forget the money. We need someone now and we have the cash.

Ask yourself - come midnight tomorrow, would you rather Reid was in the squad, or we had no new striker at all? At this late stage that might be the stark choice - and if it is, it’s an absolute no brainer for me. Of course you take him.

Aka desperation

5 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Has it really come to this? 

1 good season, made £10m profit. It’s a no from me. 

His stinks of desperation, there is no way this has been “planned” all summer- it’s a knee jerk reaction, I appreciate we were “close” in January, but IF we were still keen since then why didn’t we make this move 7 weeks ago when the window opened? 

Panic stations and AG 

Or possibly we have a list of options. And Reid has scored goals in the Championship whereas Nketiah would have to prove himself.

13 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

There you go your first 'like'...enjoy.?

Haha...been on here a few years without posting ;fallen in to the trap now ?) if Nketiah comes great ? but if not we move on and quickly...

Reid is proven (albeit in one season) but he was that good that Cardiff paid over the odds for him...good business all round ? I know there is the saying ‘never go back’ and in some cases I’d agree but Reid is ‘one of our own’ just deferred ?

Archived