IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Or possibly we have a list of options. And Reid has scored goals in the Championship whereas Nketiah would have to prove himself.

Re signing Bobby isn’t a BOLD signing. It’s a step back, let’s remember, we finished higher without Bobby, than we did with him. 

Thats a fact. 

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Re signing Bobby isn’t a BOLD signing. It’s a step back, let’s remember, we finished higher without Bobby, than we did with him. 

Thats a fact. 

We got further in the league cup with him then without him

Thats a fact

Does it mean anything? No, just like your point, our team is much different to when Bobby last played for us

It's from another post but.................

"We are really missing Bobby Reid. He came deep to link up play, then with his lungs of steel he would chase and harry defenders all day, and then he would magically appear two yards out for the tap-ins that Fammy is too exhausted to reach these days. Playing next to Reid must have been a centre-forward's dream and Fammy is missing him."

My wishes seem to be coming true!

8 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Thats a fact. 

We finished higher with Bobby Reid than we did with Tammy Abraham...?

The great thing about Reid of that season, well there were many great things but a great thing.

He was like a player and a half! Not just a striker but his experience of midfield too meant he could help us match up/overload at all times during that 4-4-1-1! Constant energy, good technically, goals, assists and that aforementioned positional versatility.

Think a Reid return cold be fantastic, in its own right- let alone with all the upgrades.

I have been out since this story broke. That Eddie thread was full of let’s not panic buy, let’s get a proven number 9, proven 20 goal a season striker!

I will read the whole thread but make your mind up lads! So we have gone from Eddie being the saviour to getting Bobby back? Bobby who did nothing ever really bar one season, we then sold him to Cardiff to do nothing again? Now pay Cardiff their money back to get nothing really in return bar work rate? I love Bobby but are you all mental! I know we need a striker but we were promised a number 9. Bobby is a 8.5ish. Proven.... nope. 20 goals.... extremely unlikely..... One of our own is great but it’s mental that you would be happy with this. I’d personally take Nahki Wells over Bobby and hope we can coach him back to being good. I despair, I need to lie down.

1 minute ago, AJgEEZa said:

I have been out since this story broke. That Eddie thread was full of let’s not panic buy, let’s get a proven number 9, proven 20 goal a season striker!

I will read the whole thread but make your mind up lads! So we have gone from Eddie being the saviour to getting Bobby back? Bobby who did nothing ever really bar one season, we then sold him to Cardiff to do nothing again? Now pay Cardiff their money back to get nothing really in return bar work rate? I love Bobby but are you all mental! I know we need a striker but we were promised a number 9. Bobby is a 8.5ish. Proven.... nope. 20 goals.... extremely unlikely..... One of our own is great but it’s mental that you would be happy with this. I’d personally take Nahki Wells over Bobby and hope we can coach him back to being good. I despair, I need to lie down.

How can you say Bobby Reid provides nothing but work rate? He was the crucial figure in a team that played the best football - by a mile - of any Bristol City team I have watched. Despite our efforts last season, we never looked as fluid. Bobby Reid up front with Diedhiou and Palmer? Yes. Please.

Archived