IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

38 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Is he though? We need goals. Other than the one season he hasn’t got a record of scoring goals. He also took last year off as they didn’t play him, what did he get.... 1 or 2 goals? Someone dismissed Vydra earlier on twitter as he has only got 20 goals in 2/8 seasons and scored 15ish in the others. It’s not even close is it!

But a better record than Eddie!

You do realise that one season was the only season he played as a striker right? 

He was never going to fit into the way that Cardiff play. Our system suits a player like him perfectly.

Again, forget that it's Bobby Reid, if it was any other player that was a similar type of player with a similar record, we would be creaming ourselves. Let's not fool ourselves here.

35 minutes ago, James54De said:

5 goals in 16 starts, with 11 sub appearances in the premier league. 

Not a bad record tbf in a team that he wasn't suited to playing in, in a new league, in a team that got relegated. 

Had he played a full season, starting games and played in the correct position then it's highly likely he would have got 10+ goals and that wouldn't have been a bad return imo.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

How can you say Bobby Reid provides nothing but work rate? He was the crucial figure in a team that played the best football - by a mile - of any Bristol City team I have watched. Despite our efforts last season, we never looked as fluid. Bobby Reid up front with Diedhiou and Palmer? Yes. Please.

I was right behind you until the middle bit of the 3 ?

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Guess you didn’t get the memo, you’re not allowed to say anything negative about Weimann. He is world class.

Ok then answer this, WHEN LJ has played Weimann upfront (his preferred position btw) he scored 5 in 6 games before being shunted out wide, then a hat trick away at Promoted Sheff Utd plus another couple here and there. So why is he so shit according to you? 

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Ok then answer this, WHEN LJ has played Weimann upfront (his preferred position btw) he scored 5 in 6 games before being shunted out wide, then a hat trick away at Promoted Sheff Utd plus another couple here and there. So why is he so shit according to you? 

You’re wasting your time with ADN.

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

But a better record than Eddie!

You do realise that one season was the only season he played as a striker right? 

He was never going to fit into the way that Cardiff play. Our system suits a player like him perfectly.

Again, forget that it's Bobby Reid, if it was any other player that was a similar type of player with a similar record, we would be creaming ourselves. Let's not fool ourselves here.

Not a bad record tbf in a team that he wasn't suited to playing in, in a new league, in a team that got relegated. 

Had he played a full season, starting games and played in the correct position then it's highly likely he would have got 10+ goals and that wouldn't have been a bad return imo.

I do get that and do not disagree with it to be fair. It’s factual and I like facts. Question though, if you could have one of Reid, Abraham, Vydra, Kodjia, Assombolonga, Nketiah, Wells or someone else who would you pick and why?

9 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

I do get that and do not disagree with it to be fair. It’s factual and I like facts. Question though, if you could have one of Reid, Abraham, Vydra, Kodjia, Assombolonga, Nketiah, Wells or someone else who would you pick and why?

Reid or Vydra, totally proven at this level and we have the players to play to their strengths. Especially if they're permanent signings. I would add Marriott to that list as well.

Tammy? Moved on to a different level and will get games at Chelsea this season hopefully and I wish him well.

Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Reid or Vydra, totally proven at this level and we have the players to play to their strengths. Especially if they're permanent signings.

Tammy? Moved on to a different level and will get games at Chelsea this season hopefully and I wish him well.

Just my opinion.

Vydra has scored a lot more goals. Bobby has only scored 30 odd career goals. In his whole career in senior football.

12 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

We all know he’s Bristol through and through. Yes  he’s a **** for joining Cardiff, but let’s be honest, I’d have him over Wells and Most players anyday 

Exactly, he wanted to go to them prem and had to go there to do it. He’s still one of ours at heart and if he had other prem choices wouldn’t have likely gone there. All the people saying they wouldn’t want him back cause of the whole head tapping business need to get a grip really. 

11 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Exactly, he wanted to go to them prem and had to go there to do it. He’s still one of ours at heart and if he had other prem choices wouldn’t have likely gone there. All the people saying they wouldn’t want him back cause of the whole head tapping business need to get a grip really. 

Exactly. He scored 20 before why not now in arguably a better, more creative team? The kid suits our pressing style and loves the faminator. Also, I think he still gives a shit, which is a + in my book.

1 hour ago, AJgEEZa said:

If we had them all ready to join but could only sign one, it would be Tammy all day long. From the very first touch of the ball he took for us you could tell there was something special about him.

I am very much starting to warm to the idea of Bobby coming back.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

If we had them all ready to join but could only sign one, it would be Tammy all day long. From the very first touch of the ball he took for us you could tell there was something special about him.

I am very much starting to warm to the idea of Bobby coming back.

I don’t know, he patted Vile-ers badge when he scored a few times. I hate them and their arrogant tits of fans so it’s a no from me. ?

If people are happy with Reid as this ‘proven no 9’ you need your head examined. He had 1 good season for us and we made a great deal selling him for 10mil when he was barely worth 500k season before. Plus we’ve already signed his direct replacement Weimann who still can’t get a shot as striker because he keeps being forced wide.

THE most important thing today is to sign a ball playing defender to replace Webster (as Wright, Baker cannot do this role and it’s too soon for TM) and get competition/replacement for Fammy if LJ wants to persist with this formation

We all suspected Cardiff would be back in the Championship after one season in the Premier, I never saw Bobby as a Premiership striker so I believed Warnock took him with a view to having him ready for when they did rejoin the Championship.

If Warnock is prepared to let him go now, especially if it was back to us, I have to wonder why he doesn't rate him at Championship level all of a sudden.

Personally I'd like him back if he was cheapish but only if we are in for another striker too, it'll be disappointing to me if Bobby was the only striker we bring in.

6 hours ago, AJgEEZa said:

You like facts reid has out scored Nketiah for the last two seasons fact!

7 minutes ago, Redstart said:

We all suspected Cardiff would be back in the Championship after one season in the Premier, I never saw Bobby as a Premiership striker so I believed Warnock took him with a view to having him ready for when they did rejoin the Championship.

I don’t know what Cardiff’s budget is like but Im not so sure they’d spunk £10 mill on a player they don’t view as good enough for the Prem on the basis that he’d be handy if they end up back in the Championship.

Why not put the money towards a player who would be more likely to help them stay in the Premiership?

Archived