IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

Couple of things against a return.

He isn’t a genuine No.9 that we want

we already have 3 players to play a 10/9.5 role, all be it he is a far better goal threat.

they would want their money back, not sure we want to spend that much. 

I like him, love his movement , but would be surprised to see him back on anything but a loan basis. 

I’d take Bobby back in a heartbeat. Yes it was galling when he went to them of all clubs but it was probably his one shot at the big time so I can just about forgive him for that. 

I’ve seen a few people describe him as a one season wonder and that would be the risk. I would say though that he’s the best of all the options out there by far now. And the fact that it would piss off the Cardiff fans makes it all the better. 

41 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Anyone not wanting this is crazy, he is quality, the reaction of Cardiff fans tells you everuthing. However I fear this is warnock on the wind up!

i don't want him, i want harry kane!!!! :) 

I’d be happy to wipe his year over bridge from my memory to have him back.

Not just proven at this level but proven in our team, and as mentioned; pretty sure we’ve better ‘pieces’ now, so would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Not that I see it happening, but would be delighted if he did come home.

47 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t know what Cardiff’s budget is like but Im not so sure they’d spunk £10 mill on a player they don’t view as good enough for the Prem on the basis that he’d be handy if they end up back in the Championship.

Why not put the money towards a player who would be more likely to help them stay in the Premiership?

I think with all the money they got for promotion £10m was a very affordable gamble on a guy who'd had one good year in the Championship and just might have made an impression in the Premier - far cheaper than blowing mega bucks on a player that might have kept them up but might not. I can also imagine they have similar issues attracting real star quality players who just don't want to base themselves down our neck of the woods.

To be honest I'll still be surprised if Warnock lets him go this early though, more likely they'd run with him and push him out in January if he underperforms for them.

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Ok then answer this, WHEN LJ has played Weimann upfront (his preferred position btw) he scored 5 in 6 games before being shunted out wide, then a hat trick away at Promoted Sheff Utd plus another couple here and there. So why is he so shit according to you? 

Because he clearly didn’t offer enough proof to LJ that he deserved to stay in that position. So now he plays out of position out wide where he offers very little, stealing the place of a genuine midfielder with impact.

The truth is, for all the brilliantly hilarious emoji responses to me from the masses on OTIB yesterday, if the fans are so wildly enamoured with Weimann and he offers so much going forward - why is everybody desperate for a striker? With the stats you’ve stated, he’s the answer, no? 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Would the price and wages cost more to get him back than what we sold him for . That wouldn’t make any sense at all 

only what we prob would of paid him on a new contract, cardiff still owe us around 5 million anyway

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Because he clearly didn’t offer enough proof to LJ that he deserved to stay in that position. So now he plays out of position out wide where he offers very little, stealing the place of a genuine midfielder with impact.

The truth is, for all the brilliantly hilarious emoji responses to me from the masses on OTIB yesterday, if the fans are so wildly enamoured with Weimann and he offers so much going forward - why is everybody desperate for a striker? With the stats you’ve stated, he’s the answer, no? 

no the emojis are for the fact you are talking complete horseshit,

Why do you think he is being played out of position, its because out of position he is still better then the midfielders he is keeping out,

Weimann offers very little other than extraordinary work rate which is admirable, but not as effective as a creative wide man that can create chances for other players. If we are to go for promotion, he is either a good bench option or a second striker than can hassle the oppositions defensive midfielder that dictates play and maybe pitches in with 5-10 goals.

Can't make my mind up about bobby reid coming back. I like So many others, had my heart set on eddie nketiah coming to us and was in the mind set he would be everything we needed in a striker, and could easily get 20+ goals. That deal looks dead in the water now, and part of me is warming to the idea of Bobby coming back. It's a little bit of a strange situation, and relies on warnock not wanting him, and us mainly being able to afford his wages, or getting somewhere close, and giving him a golden hand shake to come back to us. Maybe the player will push the move, and persuade warnock to part with him. Either way, I'll get behind what the club is trying to achieve. 

I don’t get the love in for Weimann. He scored two thirds of his goals in 7 games. He also usually scored in a partnership. Imo not the answer up top on his own and neither is Fam for the record. 

I get the reluctance for Reid but he can play up top on his own as well as a pairing. Think this offers us so many more options that even if he scored 12 I think we’d look more dangerous as a a unit. Also he is a top footballer and think he could form a real partnership with Palmer and they could feed off each other

You guys don’t have faith in a player you know that he could replicate that season but you’d be happy with a random foreign import? 

And before you say you want a ‘proven championship striker’ so does everyone else, there aren’t any. Isn’t going to happen.

24 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Because the manager, coaching staff and intelligent fans have zero faith that he’s good enough up front.

n most fans want him to play up front and when he does he scores goals, last season and so far this season has proven that, 

5 minutes ago, INB Red said:

You guys don’t have faith in a player you know that he could replicate that season but you’d be happy with a random foreign import? 

And before you say you want a ‘proven championship striker’ so does everyone else, there aren’t any. Isn’t going to happen.

I think the issue with most people is they DON'T know he could replicate that season. 

Archived