IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pete O'Rouke and Alan Nixon are pretty reliable sources as far as transfers go. Nixon is incredibly arrogant, so doesn't like being wrong. O'Rouke is perhaps the most respected mainstream national journalist on transfers (not including local specific club based ones).

Don't think it's flimsy at all really. Much better than random twitter accounts (supposedly run by agents) saying we're interested in player X or Y.

I don't know about O'Rourke but the list of unreliable Nixon links over the years is ridiculous 

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

Oh okay. Has it been corroborated somewhere reliable?

I don’t hear much but when I do I have no doubt to the validity. I just don’t shout it from the rooftops claiming I’m ITK :) 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't know about O'Rourke but the list of unreliable Nixon links over the years is ridiculous 

Nixon tweets all day about transfers and will get some wrong, but that's inevitable. The combination of both he and O'Rouke running with it is more significant.

You also piece together the other information - we know (depending on whether you trust OTIB posters or not) we were in for him in Jan and that deal was going to happen pre-Salah. That also proves that we found a way to make the deal work financially and that Cardiff were willing to do it provided they bought in another striker.

1 minute ago, TomF said:

I don’t hear much but when I do I have no doubt to the validity. I just don’t shout it from the rooftops claiming I’m ITK :) 

Okay, I'll go with you on that. I'd still like one more reliable link for this to appear genuine.

53 minutes ago, INB Red said:

Is this not what I just said?

No, it very much reads like you said the opposite of that. 

I think in the long run I'd probably be satisfied with signing Reid. Right now after lots of new names got thrown in our faces, signing Reid does feel a bit like a deflating balloon, but he's probably the perfect forward for us realistically. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I'm clearly in the minority. It's a no for  me. I honestly dont think he can repeat that season. May get 10 goals a season for a championship outfit. Wages to high

Seems a very reasonable view from anyone who watched his whole City career.

There's a chance he might come close to repeating it but we need a proven goalscorer imo. and as things stand BR has had one exceptional season and that may be it for his career.

SL told us not to become too attached to players but some seem overly attached to Bobby.

He wasn't a success for Cardiff in the PL - had he been there would be far bigger clubs than City after him now.

There's a danger that re-signing Bobby would mostly be done on sentiment and to placate disappointed fans post the (apparent) Nketiah disappointment but our recruitment is surely far more professional than that these days.

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

but those you accuse you of not being itk you delete their accounts and block their ip address

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nixon tweets all day about transfers and will get some wrong, but that's inevitable. The combination of both he and O'Rouke running with it is more significant.

You also piece together the other information - we know (depending on whether you trust OTIB posters or not) we were in for him in Jan and that deal was going to happen pre-Salah. That also proves that we found a way to make the deal work financially and that Cardiff were willing to do it provided they bought in another striker.

nixon is about as reliable as @realagent292 on twitter,

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Again, Nixon uses the phrase "keeping an eye on" which means nothing to me!

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Again, Nixon uses the phrase "keeping an eye on" which means nothing to me!

Ok - well you're clearly taking this rumour with a pinch of salt and won't be persuaded until someone you trust says something, and that's fine.

I'm choosing to think that we are interested and Reid may well be our player by 5pm today.

Let's see what happens.. 

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There's a chance he might come close to repeating it but we need a proven goalscorer imo. and as things stand BR has had one exceptional season and that may be it for his career.

SL told us not to become too attached to players but some seem overly attached to Bobby.

He wasn't a success for Cardiff in the PL - had he been there would be far bigger clubs than City after him now.

There's a danger that re-signing Bobby would mostly be done on sentiment and to placate disappointed fans post the (apparent) Nketiah disappointment but our recruitment is surely far more professional than that these days.

It’s worth reading that Cardiff thread, they seem to LOVE him. Not saying that equals 20 goals but they obviously thought he looked a good player even in the prem. Points to the possibility he could hit another 20 when played in the right position by his manager and at the least make a significant attacking impact. Have to remember it’s not just his goals but his assists that he brings to the team. 

Weighing it all up, if we could get him for 8-10 I’d be happy.  Still might get EN as well, then we’d be looking v good. 

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ok - well you're clearly taking this rumour with a pinch of salt and won't be persuaded until someone you trust says something, and that's fine.

I'm choosing to think that we are interested and Reid may well be our player by 5pm today.

Let's see what happens.. 

I actually hope you're right. I think Reid is now the safest, if slightly uninspiring, option left.

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

I actually hope you're right. I think Reid is now the safest, if slightly uninspiring, option left.

I think this one is likely. LJ loves him and if he is surplus to requirements at Cardiff he would probably fancy the move.

Lets hope we get the re-boot Bobby and not version 1.0

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think that’s a harsh view on Reid. He didn’t tear it up in the Premier League with Cardiff but I was one of many people at the time who thought he just wasn’t the type of player who’d fit a Warnock team. 

As for the one season wonder thing, he only really played regularly up front for us in that one season. The rest of the time he was in and out of the side playing much deeper. He always looked promising but that move higher up the pitch seemed to unlock his potential in a way which surpassed all expectations. He might not be able to repeat that form, but equally he might prove to be a master stroke of a signing. 

I don’t believe that signing Reid would be a sentimental decision. In many ways it would be pragmatic. He knows the way we play, fits the system and knows the club, manager and players. I would be all for his return for those reasons. 

Bobby did not have a prayer playing for Warnock in the Premier League.

Firstly they were a poor side creating nothing.

Secondly he never got a fair run of games and was in and out of the team.

Thirdly he was stuck on his own up front.

Fourthly when he was picked he was often substituted.

Fifthly they were a long ball team. 

It was about the worst possible environment for a player of his type. And yet he still showed his quality and won the heart of the Cardiff fans. It is still hard to imagine that Cardiff don't want a player like that for the Championship, and do want to give him to a rival, but if they do we should all be celebrating. 

56 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Based on what? I'd say it's far more plausible than Charlie Austin.

Biggest barrier to this in my opinion would be if Cardiff are happy to sell to a divisional rival or not.

Like you said just cant see Cardiff wanting to sell him back to us...

Cant see Charlie Austin coming to us either far bigger barriers than the Reid speculation.  

Archived