IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

24 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Weinman was at his best last season alongside Taylor. Once fam became available we never saw that combination again. Perhaps the answer is already on out doorstep?

Those early games of last season had both Pato behind him as he played on his own, OR Taylor as more of a partner.

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no they would reignite their partnership that worked so well

It didn’t work “so well” though, it was decent enough.  Our best form and football style was achieved with Reid and Pato in a 460/4420 where they buzzed around.  It was pretty unsuccessful upon Diedhiou’s return from injury.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Those early games of last season had both Pato behind him as he played on his own, OR Taylor as more of a partner.

It didn’t work “so well” though, it was decent enough.  Our best form and football style was achieved with Reid and Pato in a 460/4420 where they buzzed around.  It was pretty unsuccessful upon Diedhiou’s return from injury.

they got over 35 goals between them ffs how is that not working well,

1 minute ago, DSTAF said:

Fulham could pay better wages no doubt. Have a better chance of going straight back up. He's had a taste of the Premier now. If he cant go back, he may find it more appealing to to a club who are one of the favourites to go up. 

Agreed. If that's true and Fulham match/exceed what we offer - he's going to go there in my opinion. They're a step up from us at the moment, London might be appealing to him too and Joe Bryan is there who he came through the academy with. 

Let's hope it's not true!

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

accept fulham don't need a striker, fulham aren't interested in a striker, fulham aren't actively bidding for a striker

This is what I thought too - however unfortunately it’s looking like this rumour has some legs.

14 minutes ago, RAD_Red said:

Can’t prove the reliability of the source - but a bloke I work with knows a few of the Cardiff City staff and has said Cardiff will sell Reid for the right fee - however Reid would prefer to go to Fulham over City.

You’d think he wouldn’t get much a look in at Fulham with their forward options.

But he’d be back with his fwend and they’ll probably pay more than us so that’s what really matters.

11 hours ago, AJgEEZa said:

So 5 goals (thanks, I thought it was less). You can see why they would like their money back then. Hardly the 20+goals we need. I know it’s a different level but there are better out there. Get Tammy back, Britt..... go abroad. I don’t know, I’m tired, I’ve had a crap day, I’m grumpy tonight. Who knows, I may wake up feeling differently about it all. I do love Bobby honest.

He played mainly in midfield for them though!

1 minute ago, jellyred said:

I don't see why he would want to come back anyway, wasn't he refusing a contract extension and there were a few rumours that him and Bryan weren't happy with LJ or something?

both wanted to play at a higher level,

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they got over 35 goals between them ffs how is that not working well,

Because you know that they didn’t play every game together, and that the run of wins and push up to second in the table came when Diedhiou was injured.

I’m not saying it was a shit partnership, but it wasn’t brilliant either, especially once Fam came back from injury.

NB it was 21+14, so not over 35, but 35 ?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because you know that they didn’t play every game together, and that the run of wins and push up to second in the table came when Diedhiou was injured.

I’m not saying it was a shit partnership, but it wasn’t brilliant either, especially once Fam came back from injury.

NB it was 21+14, so not over 35, but 35 ?

It was 19 + 13 in league games - so 32, but as you say, they didn’t play together on all of their games ...

People saying he was a one season hit, he scored an average of just over 1 in 3 in the premier league last season (5 goals in 1422 mins of football) and also got a further 2 assists in this playing time which isn't bad at all playing for a team who struggled badly in the division last season.

Is exactly what we need and is proven to work well in LJ formation! Further to this, he is certainly more proven than he who must not be named from arsenal! A front 2 of Reid and Semenyo, with Eliasson, Palmer and Weimann behind could be deadly if the tactics can be sorted!

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Take any emotion out of this, forget that he used to play for us, forget that he joined Cardiff.

Is he the type of player we need? Absofuckinglutely!

Imagine Colins reaction if Bobby signs for us and then scores a controversial goal against Cardiff !

He very well may explode !

Colin not Bobby

Just now, keflav said:

We are an absolute joke with this striker search, am of the opinion now we wont be getting one in. so am awaiting all the Bullshit excuses from MA and LJ....  

I think you're jumping the gun with your reaction, but that will be the growing feeling on the forum as the hours go by!

2 minutes ago, keflav said:

We are an absolute joke with this striker search, am of the opinion now we wont be getting one in. so am awaiting all the Bullshit excuses from MA and LJ....  

V frustrating but they've clearly been trying hard all summer.. can't blame them if the players want to go to other clubs

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

true and Fulham match

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’d think he wouldn’t get much a look in at Fulham with their forward options.

But he’d be back with his fwend and they’ll probably pay more than us so that’s what really matters.

Football Fwend

Just now, keflav said:

Maybe... but as the hours go by its not looking good is it...

The hours haven't really gone by yet, though. The Nketiah situation happened quite late yesterday and it is still early today. Panic and frustration is perfectly acceptable if there is nothing starting to emerge from about 2pm onwards. 

Just now, ProjectMayhem said:

V frustrating but they've clearly been trying hard all summer.. can't blame them if the players want to go to other clubs

For me there had to be a timeframe on it.

As soon as Arsenal started wavering on whether to sell, we had no choice but to move NKetiah down the priority list.

We should have signed someone else and use this as a late second option.

1 minute ago, ProjectMayhem said:

Agree but we just need to be more attractive to player and if that means paying the wages then SL, MA & LJ need to wake up and realise this....  

Archived