IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

1 minute ago, Paul Turnip said:

Just because it's happening late, doesn't mean BCFC have left it late. Can't beleive people can't understand such a simple concept.

Potentially we did. Did we hold on too long to our main target when Arsenal were faffing about?

1 minute ago, Paul Turnip said:

Just because it's happening late, doesn't mean BCFC have left it late. Can't beleive people can't understand such a simple concept.

Exactly. It's clear from the Webster situation how transfers happen, just usually without such profile in the media due to it involving United and Maguire.

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You really are ******* clueless, aren't you?

If hes ******* clueless then perhaps you can send me the link introducing nketieh as a city player. Or maybe another striker of that standard? The club has ballsed up and when we were struggling to score goals against leeds we cant blame arsenal or anyone else

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

If hes ******* clueless then perhaps you can send me the link introducing nketieh as a city player. Or maybe another striker of that standard? The club has ballsed up and when we were struggling to score goals against leeds we can blame arsenal or who ever all we want

What happened yesterday was an exceptional situation that happened very quickly. We'd clearly courted Nketiah for a while and had successfully pitched to Arsenal in order for him to sign here. All was agreed - including medical (which is usually just a formality).

Leeds coming in very late and pinching him, partly due to personal relationships, is somewhat out of our control. It's very unfortunate - but isn't down to any negligence on our part per se.

30 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what that we had a agreed a deal and arranged a medical for nkeitah only for the player to no show and leeds biding at the last minute?

you mean the completely valid excuse that isn't anything close to bullshit, that excuse? 

We had months to get a good striker in but it never happened.

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

If hes ******* clueless then perhaps you can send me the link introducing nketieh as a city player. Or maybe another striker of that standard? The club has ballsed up and when we were struggling to score goals against leeds we cant blame arsenal or anyone else

we struggled to score against leeds not because of a striker but because we gave the ball away in promising positions the only time we got a ball into our lone striker was a 60 yard punt because we had to bypass such a shit midfield,

We also scored once we finally went two up top not one, why can't people see that!

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This isn't looking great is it?

Only 5 hours to go and no credible rumour of us having a deal for a striker close...

Go for a loan on Gayle? Even until Jan...

Was it you mate that said we were prepared to give Arsenal 3 million as a loan fee for Nketiah as well as pay half his wages? Throw this at Gayle or Vydra IMO.

40 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Not blaming anyone perse but we can forget the playoffs with a strikeforce of Weimann, Diedhiou and Taylor. :(

We got to 8th last season and were 5th at one point late on....we’ve improved the midfield, although one CB position weakened - I don’t see doom and gloom.

37 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

People seem to forget that we signed Louis Britton from Mangotsfield United at the tail end of last season.

And he scored twice the other night

29 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

He was quite impressive the other night at Cirencester I have to say whilst accepting the Championship is a massive step up. 

What impressed you?  His dad was a hard bastard up front.

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Go for a loan on Gayle? Even until Jan...

Was it you mate that said we were prepared to give Arsenal 3 million as a loan fee for Nketiah as well as pay half his wages? Throw this at Gayle or Vydra IMO.

Gayle is injured apparently and Steve Bruce wants to hang on to him

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Kid in the Riot Do you not have any info of fires in the iron? 

Haven't a clue right now...I think all bets are off in terms of what might happen in the next few hours.

If it was 11pm like normal I wouldn't be too concerned but christ this is really leaving it late now. I mean this is the equivalent of gone 6pm on a normal deadline day. Not too many deals appear out of nowhere this late...

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

I don’t get it. Why go to Fulham and bench-warm? He’d be an integral part of what would be quite a promising Bristol City team. 

So he can be with his mate and earn more money sitting on the bench. He jumped ship at the first opportunity to go to a side completely ill suites for him so it’s fairly obvious where his motivations lie. 

Archived