IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

11 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

If hes ******* clueless then perhaps you can send me the link introducing nketieh as a city player. Or maybe another striker of that standard? The club has ballsed up and when we were struggling to score goals against leeds we cant blame arsenal or anyone else

I must have missed the 10+ massive goalscoring chances we created to score on Sunday. We could have had Messi playing up front and we would have struggled to score. 

Sometimes crap happens?

The Arsenal lad was obviously our number 1 target up front. He would not commit early, joining up the dots, as the manager was still open to keeping him for the season and he obviously went all out to impress in the pre season. Leeds came in late on a snaffled him. All very easy saying we should have had somebody else lined up, but when you get to the stage of actually booking a medical, you are entitled to think that it is pretty close.

Might be we get no one up front. My issue is that our problem as a team has been midfield - that was the number 1 priority to get right. Hopefully it has been. A strong striker would maybe have been needed as well for us to make a real push, but its clearly not through lack of effort.

If this Arsenal lad had never been on the radar, I think I would have been pretty pleased in the round with this window. Not delighted, as, well, we need another option up front obviously, but certainly content.

We hopefully got the cake this window, but not the cherry this time round. No need for melt downs I feel. 

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We got to 8th last season and were 5th at one point late on....we’ve improved the midfield, although one CB position weakened - I don’t see doom and gloom.

And he scored twice the other night

What impressed you?  His dad was a hard bastard up front.

Like father like son then. Liked the physicality.

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

that move higher up the pitch seemed to unlock his potential in a way which surpassed all expectations. He might not be able to repeat that form, but equally he might prove to be a master stroke of a signing. 

That's the point.

If BR returned now as a striker there would be expectations of him repeating the goalscoring exploits of his last season with us.

There would be alot of pressure on BR to deliver those 18-20 goals. I'm far from convinced he could do that, in which case fans would end up being disappointed by his return and we'd still be seeking the 'proven no.9' promised to us.

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

Coming up to two years now isn't it? 

Exactly. Wiemann has never and will never score 20 goals in a season and eisa was always going to struggle jumping 2 leagues.

sooner or later we will realise taylor for all his winding up of opposition and referees is not a championship footballer.

that leaves a battered diedhou playing 46 games when hes running on fumes after 10.

Just now, Simon bristol said:

At this point, i refuse to believe mark ashton is sat in his office drinking pina coladas with his feet up thinking everything is fine. 

no he's doing the job he's paid to do, he won't be panicing 

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

In that case, why are we panicing about signing a striker then? 

We do need a striker, but your comment suggested we didn't score enough against Leeds because of a striker. I pointed out we never created great goalscoring chances so it pretty much made no difference. 

Who in your opinion should we have signed out of interest? We are way down the pecking order for strikers to come here and we have to accept that.

Can’t help thinking LJ’s reputation with players is a factor here. Robert knows his ways of working, chats to his mate JB who says training at Fulham is better, knocks on Parker’s door and says Reid’s available. Bob’s your dads brother.

Similalry nkeith and his entourage would much rather work with Bielsa.

If it is out of ourselves and Fulham and it is his choice where he goes, he'll go to Fulham.

The pull of potentially playing in the prem with his childhood pal will be too much to turn down

Back to the drawing board, although, we are fast running out of options now and i fear the worst.

4 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Can’t help thinking LJ’s reputation with players is a factor here. Robert knows his ways of working, chats to his mate JB who says training at Fulham is better, knocks on Parker’s door and says Reid’s available. Bob’s your dads brother.

Now you've opened a can of worms. Prepare to be pilloried. 

Just now, Monkeh said:

the club isn't its the fans who are panicing 

Trust me the club are panicking!

They are desperate for a striker and have been all summer.  If you honestly believe Johnson thinks a front 4 of Diedhou, Taylor (clearly not rated good enough as he never plays), Weimann (signed to play up front shunted to the wing after 2 months) & Semenyo (a highly rated 18 year old who played on the wing in league 2) will get him promotion you're crazy.  The amount of players they've been linked with is proof that he wants more.  He's spent all summer waiting for Nketiah only to miss out in the last minute, move on to Reid who again it looks like they are going to miss out on.

Ashton saying they need a number 9 publicly and that is their number 1 aim this window.

Its now 4 hours until the deadline and they've got a combined total of **** all.

Johnson, Ashton and Lansdown jr are 100% panicking, no doubt about it.

2 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Could be true with Bielsa, but with Fulham it's probably just a case of playing for a club with a better chance of promotion, higher wages, chance to live in London, better squad - there's loads of reasons why Reid would choose Fulham rather than coming back here. 

4 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

I am sure all of this is entirely accurate.

55 minutes ago, mozo said:

There are other teams in our league that have bought strikers that we've supposedly enquired about though. 

Yes but I’m guessing they were probably always back up options that until yesterday we didn’t require. It’s also possible that with Webster’s sale our options changed. Maybe we could have played it safe and gone for a Hugill or whatever but I just think we were aiming higher. Things don’t always go to plan sadly even with the best of planning.

Archived