IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

17 minutes ago, super slick said:

Trust me the club are panicking!

They are desperate for a striker and have been all summer.  If you honestly believe Johnson thinks a front 4 of Diedhou, Taylor (clearly not rated good enough as he never plays), Weimann (signed to play up front shunted to the wing after 2 months) & Semenyo (a highly rated 18 year old who played on the wing in league 2) will get him promotion you're crazy.  The amount of players they've been linked with is proof that he wants more.  He's spent all summer waiting for Nketiah only to miss out in the last minute, move on to Reid who again it looks like they are going to miss out on.

Ashton saying they need a number 9 publicly and that is their number 1 aim this window.

Its now 4 hours until the deadline and they've got a combined total of **** all.

Johnson, Ashton and Lansdown jr are 100% panicking, no doubt about it.

How gutting is it watching all the teams like Leeds, West brom and Fulham who are full of attacking talent stock up on more creativity and goals? Meanwhile we have spent 10m on two holding midfielder plus an additional 10-12m on defenders and just over 4 on attackers. As much as I love every signing we have made we could have gotten by without Pereira, Nagy/Massenga. We can’t get by scoring in the high 50s for the season. The top 6 last year all scored at least 10 more goals than is over the season and we haven’t closed that gap

41 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I don’t get it. Why go to Fulham and bench-warm? He’d be an integral part of what would be quite a promising Bristol City team. 

Takes the p*** a bit as Fulham have an overload in the position but he'll be with his best mate and with his half sister an MP just over the river.

With that said I'm finding it utterly bizarre how many existing strikers in this country are moving between clubs at our level but despite initial links appear to be committed to going anywhere but us at the first opportunity. It's probably just some massive transfer deadline coincidence but does make you wonder why we're like Kryptonite to everyone.

I don't believe it reflects on LJ/MA at all and remain proud of our club and where we've got to and how we operate at this level, but perhaps now those journalists who have written recent fawning pieces on our club being ambitious and well respected, will stop to temper that with the odd question about why that doesn't translate in the labour market.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Takes the p*** a bit as Fulham have an overload in the position but he'll be with his best mate and with his half sister an MP just over the river.

With that said I'm finding it utterly bizarre how many existing strikers in this country are moving between clubs at our level but despite initial links appear to be committed to going anywhere but us at the first opportunity. It's probably just some massive transfer deadline coincidence but does make you wonder why we're like Kryptonite to everyone.

I don't believe it reflects on LJ/MA at all and remain proud of our club and where we've got to and how we operate at this level, but perhaps now those journalists who have written recent fawning pieces on our club being ambitious and well respected, will stop to temper that with the odd question about why that doesn't translate in the labour market.

Exactly how I feel about the situation.

Isn't this a rare moment in time in which we actually have a transfer budget to spend?! And we're struggling to spend it!

Strange, and fascinating, summer.

26 minutes ago, chowie said:

Sure it’s unrelated but one of SL’s fleet of planes did a u-turn back to Bristol earlier ?8B146747-8FB0-4A2A-A4E8-951936962E03.thumb.png.84253ee6aca1902341146b6b525dadc8.png

The forum has gone up in the world lately. We used to place spies at the Avon George Hotel, but now we’re tracking aircraft flight plans. This must be progress 

Just now, Dingbat said:

Sunday's performance will not have helped. It takes an age to build up a good reputation, but seemingly 90 mins to ruin it ?

Sunday's performance will have no bearing on where players choose to go. Players understand football enough to realise that 1 game doesn't tell the bigger picture or show the whole story.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sunday's performance will have no bearing on where players choose to go. Players understand football enough to realise that 1 game doesn't tell the bigger picture or show the whole story.

I agree not all, but for some that have not been following us so closely, who suddenly get their agent saying that i've got club x, club y, and Bristol City interested, will remember the gubbing we got on TV only a few days ago.

19 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm clinging to the thought that it's the journos whipping up likes and "interactions". Think about it. If you say "Bobby Reid is going to Bristol City." That will get us and Cardiff in a hype. However, just by chucking one or two other clubs into your tweet you can double or even treble the number of people interested. If I was a journo I'd be making sure every single tweet had at least four clubs mentioned.

26 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

How gutting is it watching all the teams like Leeds, West brom and Fulham who are full of attacking talent stock up on more creativity and goals? Meanwhile we have spent 10m on two holding midfielder plus an additional 10-12m on defenders and just over 4 on attackers. As much as I love every signing we have made we could have gotten by without Pereira, Nagy/Massenga. We can’t get by scoring in the high 50s for the season. The top 6 last year all scored at least 10 more goals than is over the season and we haven’t closed that gap

For me this list Sums up how clueless some supporters are, happy to go the rest of the season with pack and brownhill! Jeeez

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

from cardiff forum tweet

Bamba just said on SSN that it’s clear Reid has had a chat with the gaffer and both parties have decided its for the best if he moves on

Interesting....

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Explain?

we have signed 11 new players this window in key positions that needed strengthening 

Yeah you can criticise the striker recruitment in isolation, bit not the overall recruitment. 

Archived