IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

Bristol City have ended their interest in bringing Bobby Reid back to the club, with Fulham now favourites for the forward's signature.

Reports on Wednesday night had suggested that Reid, who only arrived at the Cardiff City Stadium from Bristol City for a fee of £10m last summer, could be set for an exit from South Wales before the close of the deadline, with the Robins among those believed to be interested. 

Sources across the Severn claim Reid was potentially open to a return to his hometown, but according to sister title Bristol Live , any chance of a move to Ashton Gate has been ruled out in light of Fulham's interest. 

Reid similarly has ties to London, with his elder sister Marsha de Cordova the Labour MP for Battersea.

15 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Bristol City have ended their interest in bringing Bobby Reid back to the club, with Fulham now favourites for the forward's signature.

Reports on Wednesday night had suggested that Reid, who only arrived at the Cardiff City Stadium from Bristol City for a fee of £10m last summer, could be set for an exit from South Wales before the close of the deadline, with the Robins among those believed to be interested. 

Sources across the Severn claim Reid was potentially open to a return to his hometown, but according to sister title Bristol Live , any chance of a move to Ashton Gate has been ruled out in light of Fulham's interest. 

Reid similarly has ties to London, with his elder sister Marsha de Cordova the Labour MP for Battersea.

Last thing we need is any more left wingers...

58 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

And they want to recoup the £8.5 million initially paid, that would be the final nail in the coffin of that deal then as far as we are concerned I would have thought.

1 minute ago, Will b11 said:

If that happened then the whole forum would crash hahah , seriously though I would take it 

I think we all would at this point. We've been crying out for a player to play the "Bobby Reid role". Who better than the man himself. MA could salvage this debacle yet ?

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Surely it’s too late now for anything

Down to deal sheets now.

If signed before 5pm it gives another two hours to finalise a transfer.

But I think business has now finished for City.

25 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Are Fulham paying a fee for the loan? If so, do we get 20% seeing that Cardiff still have them as their asset so the loan fee is actual profit?

No mate, they need to sell at a profit. We get 20% of the profit. They sell for £9m we get nothing, they sell for £11m we get £200,000.

2 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

No mate, they need to seek at a profit. We get 20% of the profit. They sell for £9m we get nothing, they sell for £11m we get £200,000.

Which in effect means, I think, that we’ve already made all the money out of Bobby that we’re likely to get. We almost certainly sold him when his value was at its peak, as demonstrated by the fact that Colin is now happy to let him go to a Championship rival on loan. I do rate him, but nevertheless to say we did well there is an understatement.

23 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As a last resort I guess LJ will just phone his mate Pep to loan in one of their top young striker prospects!

Only if Cocu and Bielsa aren't wanting what's on offer. :thumbsup:

Utilisation of contacts- we got Afobe in the end which is great though what a good deal for Fulham that Reid- on loan!!

Stylistically it'd only strengthen them tbh.

Oh yeah on my first point we're probably now 2nd or 3rd in the Pepping order (or should that be Championship pecking order with Pep).

16 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Well if they realise they've signed a talented midfielder he'll do ok. If on the other hand, and like Bryan, they think they've signed something other than a takented midfielder they'll be found out. Striker he is not.

Him and Diedhiou did work quite well- him and Mitrovic could be a revelation.

Agree on Bryan though, LB isn't his strongest suit.

15 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Which in effect means, I think, that we’ve already made all the money out of Bobby that we’re likely to get. We almost certainly sold him when his value was at its peak, as demonstrated by the fact that Colin is now happy to let him go to a Championship rival on loan. I do rate him, but nevertheless to say we did well there is an understatement.

A fee has been agreed of 10 million we are led to believe. He won’t be back to us. Him and zohore gone for £18 million and hardly any goals between them....least we got the money back on him and a bit more. NW knows what’s needed in this league more than anyone and a solid defence is the starting point. Pack will certainly help that. Tomlin has lost a load of weight and is on fire apparently and out his issues behind him, he could be a big player this season. I predicted 5th for us and stick by that.

1 minute ago, Montpelierblue said:

A fee has been agreed of 10 million we are led to believe. He won’t be back to us. Him and zohore gone for £18 million and hardly any goals between them....least we got the money back on him and a bit more. NW knows what’s needed in this league more than anyone and a solid defence is the starting point. Pack will certainly help that. Tomlin has lost a load of weight and is on fire apparently and out his issues behind him, he could be a big player this season. I predicted 5th for us and stick by that.

Your midfield looks horrid. Pack, Ralls and Vaulks in front of Morrison and Flint. What a load of plodders.

39 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Interesting to hear re Bobby - thanks for that. Interesting also your take on where you're likely to finish, which seems realistic to me.

For what it's worth, I can't see any of the relegated sides getting auto promotion. Fulham have some very good attacking players, and that will be further enhanced by the addition of Reid, but I'm not sure if they've done much to address their defensive shortcomings, which were absolutely woeful last season. Inexperienced manager, too. Possibly top six, but certainly not top two for me. Huddersfield I watched lose to Derby the other night, and I didn't see much there to scare anybody, plus somewhat bizarrely they've just loaned arguably their best player, Mooy, to Brighton, whilst simultaneously signing him up to a new contract. Mid table for them would be my guess.

Whatever anyone thinks of him, you are undoubtedly right that NW knows what it takes and will make you hard to beat. I'd be cautious with your optimism about Tomlin, though. We've seen this reformed character before: keen, training hard, losing weight, talking about fresh starts and all the rest of it. If he can sustain it, you will have a very good player on your hands at last, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.

As for us, I no longer have a clue what to expect. Huge number of new signings in a single window, some exciting, some bewildering: massive job to do in integrating them all into what will be practically a completely overhauled and almost unrecognisable team. Could be anything from a mind-boggling success to a total dog's breakfast or anywhere in between. Case of "hold tight, could be a bumpy ride" I think. 

55 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Interesting to hear re Bobby - thanks for that. Interesting also your take on where you're likely to finish, which seems realistic to me.

For what it's worth, I can't see any of the relegated sides getting auto promotion. Fulham have some very good attacking players, and that will be further enhanced by the addition of Reid, but I'm not sure if they've done much to address their defensive shortcomings, which were absolutely woeful last season. Inexperienced manager, too. Possibly top six, but certainly not top two for me. Huddersfield I watched lose to Derby the other night, and I didn't see much there to scare anybody, plus somewhat bizarrely they've just loaned arguably their best player, Mooy, to Brighton, whilst simultaneously signing him up to a new contract. Mid table for them would be my guess.

Whatever anyone thinks of him, you are undoubtedly right that NW knows what it takes and will make you hard to beat. I'd be cautious with your optimism about Tomlin, though. We've seen this reformed character before: keen, training hard, losing weight, talking about fresh starts and all the rest of it. If he can sustain it, you will have a very good player on your hands at last, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.

As for us, I no longer have a clue what to expect. Huge number of new signings in a single window, some exciting, some bewildering: massive job to do in integrating them all into what will be practically a completely overhauled and almost unrecognisable team. Could be anything from a mind-boggling success to a total dog's breakfast or anywhere in between. Case of "hold tight, could be a bumpy ride" I think. 

This could be anyone’s season, there is always a dark horse, like Norwich and Sheffield Utd last season, even villa were not great for a long time. Same with us the season before we were 13th faves to go up. This could be your year? People go on about Leeds but they always crumble about March time.  West Brom maybe?  I’m not fussed by the money league anyway, it’s almost as if you have to spend all the sky cash on wages just to compete, a massive risk to anyone who comes back down as Swansea are finding out now.  You could be right re Tomlin, but think that court case did him in with severe depression which is never good and money might not cure.  He does have it, will he ever do it?  

I’m somewhat surprised to see Reid saying he didn’t like Warnocks style of football. What was he expecting. Love him or loathe him it’s always been the same. I don’t blame him for wanting to play Premier league but did he really think Colin would change his tried and tested tactics for him.

From Warnocks interview it seems Reid (and his agent) wanted Fulham and fairly much engineered it. He clearly wanted to be with his best buddy Joe and got his wish. He mentioned about being depressed last season as did Joe recently. I hope both of them who have been inspirational to many young people emphasise to young players how tempting it is career wise and financially to chase the dream but also how mentally damaging it can be too.

Archived