Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Phileas Fogg

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Alan Nixon on Twitter (@reluctantnicko) Sun journalist.

Cardiff. Poss exit for Reid with Vassell arrival. Bristol City keeping an eye on that one. May not be alone

What a boost this would give everyone, I’d even forgive him for taping his head 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Please no

Why not ?

As I said on the Nketiah topic, I was walking my dog in Headley park earlier and seen bobby Reid get out his car and enter a house, didn’t take a pic cause it would of been weird!

obv being from Bristol there’s many reasons he may have been visiting someone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

As I said on the Nketiah topic, I was walking my dog in Headley park earlier and seen bobby Reid get out his car and enter a house, didn’t take a pic cause it would of been weird!

My mate lives round there and sees him quite frequently so Bob must have family in that area

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

What a boost this would give everyone, I’d even forgive him for taping his head 

Why not ?

He's had one good season as a striker. I'm not convinced he can do it again. 

• Like 2

Who cares if he went cardiff, can anyone really blame him for taking possibly his only chance of premier league!? He’ll fit straight in and we’ll be a big lift for all the team I’d imagine.

Edited by Hocca
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chowie said:

Feels like desperation if we’re looking at this route. 

Why? Opportunity comes up, clearly fits with our system. Knows the area and players so won't need time to bed in. Added experience of playing in the Premier League - you can see why we'd like the idea.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

2 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

Who said on the Eddie thread that they’ve seen Bobby in Bristol today

Sods law

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why? Opportunity comes up, clearly fits with our system. Knows the area and players so won't need time to bed in. Added experience of playing in the Premier League - you can see why we'd like the idea.

What system?? 

• Haha 1

I bet they still owe us £5m  - write it off and have him back. I know we were close to getting him on loan in Jan and then the Salah tragedy happened

• Like 2

Cardiff and Colin’s way of playing never suited him. Always thought it was a strange one. If he left on good terms with LJ  then surely lee would be up for it and he would hopefully fit a system he could use. Especially with our new players. 

I can see why this could be a good fit for everyone involved, but that head tapping 5hit still rankles with me. He jumped ship far too quickly after one good season on top of God knows how many frustrating ones.

Mind you, once he pulls on that red shirt, it'll probably all be forgotten. Football eh?!

• Like 1

If this is true then i’d be beyond staggered. Wishful thinking in the extreme. Wouldn’t even be a rumour if EN was on.

Be good if it was mind. Like me being a billionaire / being 6-2 and 20 years younger etc.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If this as any truth...

1. Would probably not even been a thought a few weeks ago.

2. Easy option and please most fans with a ‘coming home story’

3. A step backwards.

4. See what you’re saying but just my initial thoughts.

1 minute ago, Dingbat said:

I can see why this could be a good fit for everyone involved, but that head tapping 5hit still rankles with me. He jumped ship far too quickly after one good season on top of God knows how many frustrating ones.

Mind you, once he pulls on that red shirt, it'll probably all be forgotten. Football eh?!

I didn’t like the tappy head thing either but MA  did more or less say we sold to the highest bidder so perhaps bobby was just happy to go to a prem club , whoever they were. 

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

He's had one good season as a striker. I'm not convinced he can do it again. 

So he played in a new position/new role with us for one season in the Championship and smashed it, and your not convinced he can do it again?

If your logic is based on his last season with Cardiff, that you don't think he can do it again then i disagree. They're not comparable.

I'd have him back in a shot. LJ clearly knows how to use/get the best out of him.