Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Phileas Fogg

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

That would be v disappointing if true. 

Fulham could pay better wages no doubt. Have a better chance of going straight back up. He's had a taste of the Premier now. If he cant go back, he may find it more appealing to to a club who are one of the favourites to go up. 

6 minutes ago, keflav said:

Anyone know if Bobby still lives in the Bristol area or did he go across the border ????

Still has place in St George

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Weinman was at his best last season alongside Taylor. Once fam became available we never saw that combination again. Perhaps the answer is already on out doorstep?

Those early games of last season had both Pato behind him as he played on his own, OR Taylor as more of a partner.

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no they would reignite their partnership that worked so well

It didn’t work “so well” though, it was decent enough.  Our best form and football style was achieved with Reid and Pato in a 460/4420 where they buzzed around.  It was pretty unsuccessful upon Diedhiou’s return from injury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Those early games of last season had both Pato behind him as he played on his own, OR Taylor as more of a partner.

It didn’t work “so well” though, it was decent enough.  Our best form and football style was achieved with Reid and Pato in a 460/4420 where they buzzed around.  It was pretty unsuccessful upon Diedhiou’s return from injury.

they got over 35 goals between them ffs how is that not working well,

1 minute ago, DSTAF said:

Fulham could pay better wages no doubt. Have a better chance of going straight back up. He's had a taste of the Premier now. If he cant go back, he may find it more appealing to to a club who are one of the favourites to go up. 

Agreed. If that's true and Fulham match/exceed what we offer - he's going to go there in my opinion. They're a step up from us at the moment, London might be appealing to him too and Joe Bryan is there who he came through the academy with. 

Let's hope it's not true!

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

accept fulham don't need a striker, fulham aren't interested in a striker, fulham aren't actively bidding for a striker

This is what I thought too - however unfortunately it’s looking like this rumour has some legs.

Edited by RAD_Red
Double post

14 minutes ago, RAD_Red said:

Can’t prove the reliability of the source - but a bloke I work with knows a few of the Cardiff City staff and has said Cardiff will sell Reid for the right fee - however Reid would prefer to go to Fulham over City.

You’d think he wouldn’t get much a look in at Fulham with their forward options.

But he’d be back with his fwend and they’ll probably pay more than us so that’s what really matters.

11 hours ago, AJgEEZa said:

So 5 goals (thanks, I thought it was less). You can see why they would like their money back then. Hardly the 20+goals we need. I know it’s a different level but there are better out there. Get Tammy back, Britt..... go abroad. I don’t know, I’m tired, I’ve had a crap day, I’m grumpy tonight. Who knows, I may wake up feeling differently about it all. I do love Bobby honest.

He played mainly in midfield for them though!

I don't see why he would want to come back anyway, wasn't he refusing a contract extension and there were a few rumours that him and Bryan weren't happy with LJ or something?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jellyred said:

I don't see why he would want to come back anyway, wasn't he refusing a contract extension and there were a few rumours that him and Bryan weren't happy with LJ or something?

both wanted to play at a higher level,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they got over 35 goals between them ffs how is that not working well,

Because you know that they didn’t play every game together, and that the run of wins and push up to second in the table came when Diedhiou was injured.

I’m not saying it was a shit partnership, but it wasn’t brilliant either, especially once Fam came back from injury.

NB it was 21+14, so not over 35, but 35 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because you know that they didn’t play every game together, and that the run of wins and push up to second in the table came when Diedhiou was injured.

I’m not saying it was a shit partnership, but it wasn’t brilliant either, especially once Fam came back from injury.

NB it was 21+14, so not over 35, but 35 😉

It was 19 + 13 in league games - so 32, but as you say, they didn’t play together on all of their games ...

We seriously aren't able to sign a striker are we. FFS.

The problem is, we will always be seen as tinpot Bristol City until we have a season in the prem.

People saying he was a one season hit, he scored an average of just over 1 in 3 in the premier league last season (5 goals in 1422 mins of football) and also got a further 2 assists in this playing time which isn't bad at all playing for a team who struggled badly in the division last season.

Is exactly what we need and is proven to work well in LJ formation! Further to this, he is certainly more proven than he who must not be named from arsenal! A front 2 of Reid and Semenyo, with Eliasson, Palmer and Weimann behind could be deadly if the tactics can be sorted!

• Like 1

Surely this is the easiest of all the strikers named so far for us to sign?!

The pressure is on Mr Ashton!

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was 19 + 13 in league games - so 32, but as you say, they didn’t play together on all of their games ...

I’m sure @Monkeh was including cup goals....so I included both.

In league games it was less than 35!!!

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Surely this is the easiest of all the strikers named so far for us to sign?!

The pressure is on Mr Ashton!

i would have thought his new salary would be an issue vs our current wage structure. Fulham likely not to have a problem with it.

7 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

kill me now

We are an absolute joke with this striker search, am of the opinion now we wont be getting one in. so am awaiting all the Bullshit excuses from MA and LJ....  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Take any emotion out of this, forget that he used to play for us, forget that he joined Cardiff.

Is he the type of player we need? Absofuckinglutely!

Imagine Colins reaction if Bobby signs for us and then scores a controversial goal against Cardiff !

He very well may explode !

Colin not Bobby

Just now, keflav said:

We are an absolute joke with this striker search, am of the opinion now we wont be getting one in. so am awaiting all the Bullshit excuses from MA and LJ....  

I think you're jumping the gun with your reaction, but that will be the growing feeling on the forum as the hours go by!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keflav said:

V frustrating but they've clearly been trying hard all summer.. can't blame them if the players want to go to other clubs

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

true and Fulham match

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’d think he wouldn’t get much a look in at Fulham with their forward options.

But he’d be back with his fwend and they’ll probably pay more than us so that’s what really matters.

Football Fwend

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I think you're jumping the gun with your reaction, but that will be the growing feeling on the forum as the hours go by!

Maybe... but as the hours go by its not looking good is it...

Just now, keflav said:

Maybe... but as the hours go by its not looking good is it...

The hours haven't really gone by yet, though. The Nketiah situation happened quite late yesterday and it is still early today. Panic and frustration is perfectly acceptable if there is nothing starting to emerge from about 2pm onwards. 

Just now, ProjectMayhem said:

V frustrating but they've clearly been trying hard all summer.. can't blame them if the players want to go to other clubs

For me there had to be a timeframe on it.

As soon as Arsenal started wavering on whether to sell, we had no choice but to move NKetiah down the priority list.

We should have signed someone else and use this as a late second option.

1 minute ago, ProjectMayhem said:

Agree but we just need to be more attractive to player and if that means paying the wages then SL, MA & LJ need to wake up and realise this....  

27 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

its a strange one really for Reid he might look at us as a step backwards and probably want to be with his Mate Joey at Fulham, on the other hand surely Fulham at this point are more of a threat to Cardiff (promotion wise) than we are so would they let him go there (unless money was stupid)???

7 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Fulham in for Bobby as well

Tbh I really don't blame him at all for going there. I guess the only thing we can offer more is playing time? I'm assuming this is loans 

We’re not gonna sign a striker guys it’s as simple as that. No matter how much we tell ourselves we are, we’re just not an attractive proposition at this level.

16 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

kill me now

Am I missing something?

I’ve just read that article and there are no reasons (let alone several) why FFC are favourites per GMcG, just why he’d come to us. And if one of BRs drivers is first team football he’s third choice at Fulham behind Mitrovic and Cavielro.

What GMcG does is present a case that Reid is keen on the move and we can afford it which kind of contradicts his tweet!

• Like 2

Just now, keflav said:

Codswallop! If you spoke with a builder and agreed he would do some work for you, agreed the price and start date, then on the way to you he decides to go elsewhere and work.

1 you would be fuming 

2 you would have real trouble finding another builder at short notice.

Now tell me, who's fault is it? Yours or the builders?

Or perhaps you would be happy to pay 2 builders, just in case one didn’t turn up!!!

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

Just now, Galley is our king said:

Codswallop! If you spoke with a builder and agreed he would do some work for you, agreed the price and start date, then on the way to you he decides to go elsewhere and work.

1 you would be fuming 

Or perhaps you would be happy to pay 2 builders, just in case one didn’t turn up!!!

Very strange analogy considering we talking about football options where it is known sides have lists.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Am I missing something?

I’ve just read that article and there are no reasons (let alone several) why FFC are favourites per GMcG, just why he’d come to us. And if one of BRs drivers is first team football he’s third choice at Fulham behind Mitrovic and Cavielro.

What GMcG does is present a case that Reid is keen on the move and we can afford it which kind of contradicts his tweet!

I thought the same. At times you'd question whether the GMcM who posts on twitter even reads the articles he's linking to...let alone write them. How depressing to be an intelligent young man wanting to write for a living and be hooked into the click-bait rubbish...

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Not blaming anyone perse but we can forget the playoffs with a strikeforce of Weimann, Diedhiou and Taylor. :(

People seem to forget that we signed Louis Britton from Mangotsfield United at the tail end of last season.

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

Not blaming anyone perse but we can forget the playoffs with a strikeforce of Weimann, Diedhiou and Taylor. :(

Well the blame lies firmly at MA, LJ and SL if we don't get anyone decent in. 5 transfer windows we've been crying out for a decent forward? Cost us a play off place at least over the last two seasons.

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 2

It would appear that we’ve been aware of Reid’s availability all summer & have been having conversations with Cardiff. Apparently Johnson & Warnock have a good professional relationship. Just shows that none of us really has any idea what’s going on behind the scenes. 

The criticism on here of our recruitment is I think totally unfair. We have to accept that we are not top of the pecking order in the transfer market. We have, (thanks to the way we are being run), moved up the rankings but there are certain big clubs and ex prem clubs who we will struggle to compete with. The likes of Fulham, WBA, Cardiff and Leeds are still able to muscle us out of the way on joint targets and we have to accept that, at least for now.

Yesterday we had a very good signing that went almost unnoticed amongst the expectation and then disappointment. Today could go a similar way. Like many I felt this window could push us towards a top 6 place and it may yet do so. However I’m not sure if there are many hats left to pull rabbits out of. We can but hope but what I do know is if we don’t it won’t be for the want of trying and undue criticism from uninformed fans is not helpful or welcome.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

1 you would be fuming 

IMO- a perfect analogy. And it's definitely not the only one you were talking to- just that you agreed he was best meanwhile the others don't sit around waiting for your call just in case- there's loads of opportunity out there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Am I missing something?

That's exactly the same impression i got after reading it!

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

1 you would be fuming 

So your saying the whole reason we have got no striker in is everyone else's fault not anyone's at the club, bullshit the Blame lays at SL, MA & LJ door (could argue arsenal and Eddie Nketiah did dirty on us, but not the rest) 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

The criticism on here of our recruitment is I think totally unfair. We have to accept that we are not top of the pecking order in the transfer market. We have, (thanks to the way we are being run), moved up the rankings but there are certain big clubs and ex prem clubs who we will struggle to compete with. The likes of Fulham, WBA, Cardiff and Leeds are still able to muscle us out of the way on joint targets and we have to accept that, at least for now.

Yesterday we had a very good signing that went almost unnoticed amongst the expectation and then disappointment. Today could go a similar way. Like many I felt this window could push us towards a top 6 place and it may yet do so. However I’m not sure if there are many hats left to pull rabbits out of. We can but hope but what I do know is if we don’t it won’t be for the want of trying and undue criticism from uninformed fans is not helpful or welcome.

There are other teams in our league that have bought strikers that we've supposedly enquired about though.