Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Phileas Fogg

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, chowie said:

Sure it’s unrelated but one of SL’s fleet of planes did a u-turn back to Bristol earlier 😂8B146747-8FB0-4A2A-A4E8-951936962E03.thumb.png.84253ee6aca1902341146b6b525dadc8.png

 

Chasing that Darth Vader balloon!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.  We had one good season out of him - one - from a player who looked like a failure until he moved into the forward role.

Plus his wages will now be much, much higher.

Don't think he's the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chowie said:

Sure it’s unrelated but one of SL’s fleet of planes did a u-turn back to Bristol earlier 😂8B146747-8FB0-4A2A-A4E8-951936962E03.thumb.png.84253ee6aca1902341146b6b525dadc8.png

 

Isn’t that Cardiff?! Almost quicker to drive if they had to circle to land it 

Edited by barrington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, super slick said:

Trust me the club are panicking!

They are desperate for a striker and have been all summer.  If you honestly believe Johnson thinks a front 4 of Diedhou, Taylor (clearly not rated good enough as he never plays), Weimann (signed to play up front shunted to the wing after 2 months) & Semenyo (a highly rated 18 year old who played on the wing in league 2) will get him promotion you're crazy.  The amount of players they've been linked with is proof that he wants more.  He's spent all summer waiting for Nketiah only to miss out in the last minute, move on to Reid who again it looks like they are going to miss out on.

Ashton saying they need a number 9 publicly and that is their number 1 aim this window.

Its now 4 hours until the deadline and they've got a combined total of **** all.

Johnson, Ashton and Lansdown jr are 100% panicking, no doubt about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, barrington said:

Isn’t that Cardiff?! Almost quicker to drive if they had to circle to land it 

maybe, don't think it actually landed tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How gutting is it watching all the teams like Leeds, West brom and Fulham who are full of attacking talent stock up on more creativity and goals? Meanwhile we have spent 10m on two holding midfielder plus an additional 10-12m on defenders and just over 4 on attackers. As much as I love every signing we have made we could have gotten by without Pereira, Nagy/Massenga. We can’t get by scoring in the high 50s for the season. The top 6 last year all scored at least 10 more goals than is over the season and we haven’t closed that gap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, barrington said:

Isn’t that Cardiff?! Almost quicker to drive if they had to circle to land it 

WHOOOOOOSSSHH!!! 

Sorry barrington.

Edited by Ska Junkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I don’t get it. Why go to Fulham and bench-warm? He’d be an integral part of what would be quite a promising Bristol City team. 

Takes the p*** a bit as Fulham have an overload in the position but he'll be with his best mate and with his half sister an MP just over the river.

With that said I'm finding it utterly bizarre how many existing strikers in this country are moving between clubs at our level but despite initial links appear to be committed to going anywhere but us at the first opportunity. It's probably just some massive transfer deadline coincidence but does make you wonder why we're like Kryptonite to everyone.

I don't believe it reflects on LJ/MA at all and remain proud of our club and where we've got to and how we operate at this level, but perhaps now those journalists who have written recent fawning pieces on our club being ambitious and well respected, will stop to temper that with the odd question about why that doesn't translate in the labour market.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Takes the p*** a bit as Fulham have an overload in the position but he'll be with his best mate and with his half sister an MP just over the river.

With that said I'm finding it utterly bizarre how many existing strikers in this country are moving between clubs at our level but despite initial links appear to be committed to going anywhere but us at the first opportunity. It's probably just some massive transfer deadline coincidence but does make you wonder why we're like Kryptonite to everyone.

I don't believe it reflects on LJ/MA at all and remain proud of our club and where we've got to and how we operate at this level, but perhaps now those journalists who have written recent fawning pieces on our club being ambitious and well respected, will stop to temper that with the odd question about why that doesn't translate in the labour market.

Exactly how I feel about the situation.

Isn't this a rare moment in time in which we actually have a transfer budget to spend?! And we're struggling to spend it!

Strange, and fascinating, summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, chowie said:

Sure it’s unrelated but one of SL’s fleet of planes did a u-turn back to Bristol earlier 😂8B146747-8FB0-4A2A-A4E8-951936962E03.thumb.png.84253ee6aca1902341146b6b525dadc8.png

 

The forum has gone up in the world lately. We used to place spies at the Avon George Hotel, but now we’re tracking aircraft flight plans. This must be progress 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dingbat said:

Sunday's performance will not have helped. It takes an age to build up a good reputation, but seemingly 90 mins to ruin it 😞

Sunday's performance will have no bearing on where players choose to go. Players understand football enough to realise that 1 game doesn't tell the bigger picture or show the whole story.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could everyone please just **** off while we try and sign a striker.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sunday's performance will have no bearing on where players choose to go. Players understand football enough to realise that 1 game doesn't tell the bigger picture or show the whole story.

It'll certainly have no impact on Bobby Reid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chowie said:

Sure it’s unrelated but one of SL’s fleet of planes did a u-turn back to Bristol earlier 😂8B146747-8FB0-4A2A-A4E8-951936962E03.thumb.png.84253ee6aca1902341146b6b525dadc8.png

 

Aeroplane tracking apps are the greatest thing to ever happen to the transfer window.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sunday's performance will have no bearing on where players choose to go. Players understand football enough to realise that 1 game doesn't tell the bigger picture or show the whole story.

I agree not all, but for some that have not been following us so closely, who suddenly get their agent saying that i've got club x, club y, and Bristol City interested, will remember the gubbing we got on TV only a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Olé said:

Takes the p*** a bit as Fulham have an overload in the position but he'll be with his best mate and with his half sister an MP just over the river.

With that said I'm finding it utterly bizarre how many existing strikers in this country are moving between clubs at our level but despite initial links appear to be committed to going anywhere but us at the first opportunity. It's probably just some massive transfer deadline coincidence but does make you wonder why we're like Kryptonite to everyone.

I don't believe it reflects on LJ/MA at all and remain proud of our club and where we've got to and how we operate at this level, but perhaps now those journalists who have written recent fawning pieces on our club being ambitious and well respected, will stop to temper that with the odd question about why that doesn't translate in the labour market.

I'm clinging to the thought that it's the journos whipping up likes and "interactions". Think about it. If you say "Bobby Reid is going to Bristol City." That will get us and Cardiff in a hype. However, just by chucking one or two other clubs into your tweet you can double or even treble the number of people interested. If I was a journo I'd be making sure every single tweet had at least four clubs mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

How gutting is it watching all the teams like Leeds, West brom and Fulham who are full of attacking talent stock up on more creativity and goals? Meanwhile we have spent 10m on two holding midfielder plus an additional 10-12m on defenders and just over 4 on attackers. As much as I love every signing we have made we could have gotten by without Pereira, Nagy/Massenga. We can’t get by scoring in the high 50s for the season. The top 6 last year all scored at least 10 more goals than is over the season and we haven’t closed that gap

 For me this list Sums up how clueless some supporters are, happy to go the rest of the season with pack and brownhill! Jeeez

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

from cardiff forum tweet

Bamba just said on SSN that it’s clear Reid has had a chat with the gaffer and both parties have decided its for the best if he moves on

Interesting....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

 For me this list Sums up how clueless some supporters are, happy to go the rest of the season with pack and brownhill! Jeeez

Enjoy the vast amounts of goals at Ashton gate this season 😳 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnr1986 said:

This is just getting ridiculous now absolute shambles in the way we have gone about our business! 

Explain?

we have signed 11 new players this window in key positions that needed strengthening 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Explain?

we have signed 11 new players this window in key positions that needed strengthening 

Yeah you can criticise the striker recruitment in isolation, bit not the overall recruitment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Explain?

we have signed 11 new players this window in key positions that needed strengthening 

Yet our manager is basically saying last Saturday we need 5 more players to basically compete..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ron Swanson said:

Yet our manager is basically saying last Saturday we need 5 more players to basically compete..

We’ve signed 3 of those

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Yet our manager is basically saying last Saturday we need 5 more players to basically compete..

He said in a perfect world it would be five, four would be great and he would be happy with three.

We have three already and the window isn't closed yet.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richwwtk said:

He said in a perfect world it would be five, four would be great and he would be happy with three.

We have three already and the window isn't closed yet.....

I thought he said he'd be happy with 4 and 2 wasn't enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

He said in a perfect world it would be five, four would be great and he would be happy with three.

We have three already and the window isn't closed yet.....

Not the three he was expecting though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richwwtk said:

He said in a perfect world it would be five, four would be great and he would be happy with three.

We have three already and the window isn't closed yet.....

I’m sure LJ would have been happy with 3 if 2 of the 3 were a striker and centre back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

He said in a perfect world it would be five, four would be great and he would be happy with three.

We have three already and the window isn't closed yet.....

He did - the 4th was obviously the Arsenal lad, but wonder who we might have been angling away at for the 5th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...