IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

27 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’d think he wouldn’t get much a look in at Fulham with their forward options.

But he’d be back with his fwend and they’ll probably pay more than us so that’s what really matters.

its a strange one really for Reid he might look at us as a step backwards and probably want to be with his Mate Joey at Fulham, on the other hand surely Fulham at this point are more of a threat to Cardiff (promotion wise) than we are so would they let him go there (unless money was stupid)???

16 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

kill me now

Am I missing something?

I’ve just read that article and there are no reasons (let alone several) why FFC are favourites per GMcG, just why he’d come to us. And if one of BRs drivers is first team football he’s third choice at Fulham behind Mitrovic and Cavielro.

What GMcG does is present a case that Reid is keen on the move and we can afford it which kind of contradicts his tweet!

Just now, keflav said:

We are an absolute joke with this striker search, am of the opinion now we wont be getting one in. so am awaiting all the Bullshit excuses from MA and LJ....  

Codswallop! If you spoke with a builder and agreed he would do some work for you, agreed the price and start date, then on the way to you he decides to go elsewhere and work.

1 you would be fuming 

2 you would have real trouble finding another builder at short notice.

Now tell me, who's fault is it? Yours or the builders?

Or perhaps you would be happy to pay 2 builders, just in case one didn’t turn up!!!

Just now, Galley is our king said:

Codswallop! If you spoke with a builder and agreed he would do some work for you, agreed the price and start date, then on the way to you he decides to go elsewhere and work.

1 you would be fuming 

Or perhaps you would be happy to pay 2 builders, just in case one didn’t turn up!!!

Very strange analogy considering we talking about football options where it is known sides have lists.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Am I missing something?

I’ve just read that article and there are no reasons (let alone several) why FFC are favourites per GMcG, just why he’d come to us. And if one of BRs drivers is first team football he’s third choice at Fulham behind Mitrovic and Cavielro.

What GMcG does is present a case that Reid is keen on the move and we can afford it which kind of contradicts his tweet!

I thought the same. At times you'd question whether the GMcM who posts on twitter even reads the articles he's linking to...let alone write them. How depressing to be an intelligent young man wanting to write for a living and be hooked into the click-bait rubbish...

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

Not blaming anyone perse but we can forget the playoffs with a strikeforce of Weimann, Diedhiou and Taylor. :(

Well the blame lies firmly at MA, LJ and SL if we don't get anyone decent in. 5 transfer windows we've been crying out for a decent forward? Cost us a play off place at least over the last two seasons.

It would appear that we’ve been aware of Reid’s availability all summer & have been having conversations with Cardiff. Apparently Johnson & Warnock have a good professional relationship. Just shows that none of us really has any idea what’s going on behind the scenes. 

The criticism on here of our recruitment is I think totally unfair. We have to accept that we are not top of the pecking order in the transfer market. We have, (thanks to the way we are being run), moved up the rankings but there are certain big clubs and ex prem clubs who we will struggle to compete with. The likes of Fulham, WBA, Cardiff and Leeds are still able to muscle us out of the way on joint targets and we have to accept that, at least for now.

Yesterday we had a very good signing that went almost unnoticed amongst the expectation and then disappointment. Today could go a similar way. Like many I felt this window could push us towards a top 6 place and it may yet do so. However I’m not sure if there are many hats left to pull rabbits out of. We can but hope but what I do know is if we don’t it won’t be for the want of trying and undue criticism from uninformed fans is not helpful or welcome.

3 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

1 you would be fuming 

IMO- a perfect analogy. And it's definitely not the only one you were talking to- just that you agreed he was best meanwhile the others don't sit around waiting for your call just in case- there's loads of opportunity out there.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Am I missing something?

That's exactly the same impression i got after reading it!

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

1 you would be fuming 

So your saying the whole reason we have got no striker in is everyone else's fault not anyone's at the club, bullshit the Blame lays at SL, MA & LJ door (could argue arsenal and Eddie Nketiah did dirty on us, but not the rest) 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

The criticism on here of our recruitment is I think totally unfair. We have to accept that we are not top of the pecking order in the transfer market. We have, (thanks to the way we are being run), moved up the rankings but there are certain big clubs and ex prem clubs who we will struggle to compete with. The likes of Fulham, WBA, Cardiff and Leeds are still able to muscle us out of the way on joint targets and we have to accept that, at least for now.

Yesterday we had a very good signing that went almost unnoticed amongst the expectation and then disappointment. Today could go a similar way. Like many I felt this window could push us towards a top 6 place and it may yet do so. However I’m not sure if there are many hats left to pull rabbits out of. We can but hope but what I do know is if we don’t it won’t be for the want of trying and undue criticism from uninformed fans is not helpful or welcome.

There are other teams in our league that have bought strikers that we've supposedly enquired about though. 

21 minutes ago, keflav said:

We are an absolute joke with this striker search, am of the opinion now we wont be getting one in. so am awaiting all the Bullshit excuses from MA and LJ....  

what that we had a agreed a deal and arranged a medical for nkeitah only for the player to no show and leeds biding at the last minute?

you mean the completely valid excuse that isn't anything close to bullshit, that excuse? 

1 minute ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I think most people (rightly or wrongly) are very encouraged by the recruitment that we've been making, and it would just make it a bigger disappointment if all the hard work in bolstering our midfield, defence and goalkeeping positions weren't backed up with just one person to stick the ball in the net. We're disappointed because Nketiah would have been ideal, and also because most of us can see that we're the type of club that have made great strides in recent years.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Perfect and a totally succinct summary, well put and exactly as I see it.

I really like this post an awful lot.

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I think most people (rightly or wrongly) are very encouraged by the recruitment that we've been making, and it would just make it a bigger disappointment if all the hard work in bolstering our midfield, defence and goalkeeping positions weren't backed up with just one person to stick the ball in the net. We're disappointed because Nketiah would have been ideal, and also because most of us can see that we're the type of club that have made great strides in recent years.

I've been very impressed by the Kalas and DaSilva deals.

I'm intrigued and hopeful by the three Euro signings and also Sammie wossisname.

But striker was top priority for me.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what that we had a agreed a deal and arranged a medical for nkeitah only for the player to no show and leeds biding at the last minute?

you mean the completely valid excuse that isn't anything close to bullshit, that excuse? 

Incredibly naive for them to put all thier hopes on one player. A verbal agreement means **** all. You don't need to be experienced in football to know that.

Just now, keflav said:

So your saying the whole reason we have got no striker in is everyone else's fault not anyone's at the club, bullshit the Blame lays at SL, MA & LJ door (could argue arsenal and Eddie Nketiah did dirty on us, but not the rest) 

Just read tweet from Nixon, No word from Eddie. Medical in place, just didn't turn up, LJ fuming, and has every right to be.

It is unprofessional and shows no respect. 

How is this the fault of anyone at Bcfc? Especially so bloody late in the day!

How long does it take to do a medical on a player?  I’m guessing unless a player is fairly local based (Bobby?) any players where we our competing with others for a signature must have to confirm their interest in the next couple of hours to allow time to travel here, pass a medical and sign on the dotted line.  If they are not happy to join us by lunchtime its probably not happening.

7 minutes ago, keflav said:

Blame lays firming at the arsenal lads door, Arsenal agreed to send him here, he was our first choice target and he’s not shown up for his medical, how you can blame the club is beyond me

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Incredibly naive for them to put all thier hopes on one player. A verbal agreement means **** all. You don't need to be experienced in football to know that.

he had a ******* medical arranged, thats a close as the transfer going through as you can get

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Perhaps if this was the case then it should have been done weeks ago and we put a deadline on the deal, cant help feeling we have been massively naïve as a club... 

2 minutes ago, Red_Nine said:

Blame lays firming at the arsenal lads door, Arsenal agreed to send him here, he was our first choice target and he’s not shown up for his medical, how you can blame the club is beyond me

Hardly the lads fault. We all laughed when Bryan ditched Villa at the last minute for Fulham.

5 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

No but you do need be in the room to know that they did indeed put all  their hopes on one player whilst the other 11 signings slipped in unnoticed through the back door.

Archived