IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

Phileas Fogg

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I’m somewhat surprised to see Reid saying he didn’t like Warnocks style of football. What was he expecting. Love him or loathe him it’s always been the same. I don’t blame him for wanting to play Premier league but did he really think Colin would change his tried and tested tactics for him.

From Warnocks interview it seems Reid (and his agent) wanted Fulham and fairly much engineered it. He clearly wanted to be with his best buddy Joe and got his wish. He mentioned about being depressed last season as did Joe recently. I hope both of them who have been inspirational to many young people emphasise to young players how tempting it is career wise and financially to chase the dream but also how mentally damaging it can be too.

Indeed, the grass is not always greener and, lo and behold, money doesn't guarantee happiness.

I know City Ben, I was more than sceptical after he “won” promotion with us and doubled his wages up to about 30 a week.....

after hearing about his personal issues and battles over the last few years and seeing him looking keen and less weight then maybe he deserves a 5th chance.....no doubt he has always had the talent just not executed it at all. It’s small potatoes to us these days, whatever will be as they say. I’m still amazed bobby Reid left for Fulham, not bothered, but he seems to think he’s destined for big things which after last season and a shocker away to Wigan last week, is a tad odd. Still, the modern footballer hey

25 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I’m somewhat surprised to see Reid saying he didn’t like Warnocks style of football. What was he expecting. Love him or loathe him it’s always been the same. I don’t blame him for wanting to play Premier league but did he really think Colin would change his tried and tested tactics for him.

From Warnocks interview it seems Reid (and his agent) wanted Fulham and fairly much engineered it. He clearly wanted to be with his best buddy Joe and got his wish. He mentioned about being depressed last season as did Joe recently. I hope both of them who have been inspirational to many young people emphasise to young players how tempting it is career wise and financially to chase the dream but also how mentally damaging it can be too.

Where did you read he didn’t like warnocks style? I’ve not seen that, just heard it.....we tried to play a bit last year in fact, with camerassa and Arter in midfield. Bobby didn’t seem to fit in, which was a shame.

3 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

.....seeing him looking keen and less weight then maybe he deserves a 5th chance.....no doubt he has always had the talent just not executed it at all....

I think Tomlin is way past his 5th chance. We've seen the 'fitter than ever' story before. It's only beaten by the hilarious 'high rib cage' to explain why he looked to have half a wooden barrel under his football shirt.

He's a perennial bullsh*tter but he does know how to engineer a loan or transfer.

The only person I was more pleased to see leave Bristol City was Tony Pulis.

Unfortunately for Cardiff, you're left holding this tubby little baby for now. If he genuinely is 'on fire' it's probably something to do with all the oil in the burgers he's been stuffing.

Now, would Mr Warnock be interested in buying some magic beans? Apparently Mark Ashton has some for sale.

9 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

I know City Ben, I was more than sceptical after he “won” promotion with us and doubled his wages up to about 30 a week.....

after hearing about his personal issues and battles over the last few years and seeing him looking keen and less weight then maybe he deserves a 5th chance.....no doubt he has always had the talent just not executed it at all. It’s small potatoes to us these days, whatever will be as they say. I’m still amazed bobby Reid left for Fulham, not bothered, but he seems to think he’s destined for big things which after last season and a shocker away to Wigan last week, is a tad odd. Still, the modern footballer hey

I was actually just referring to him being a bit of a fatty ?

14 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

Where did you read he didn’t like warnocks style? I’ve not seen that, just heard it.....we tried to play a bit last year in fact, with camerassa and Arter in midfield. Bobby didn’t seem to fit in, which was a shame.

"I think it was probably best for both parties. Maybe the style of play Warnock wanted to play didn't suit me and it was probably better for him and for me if we parted company. “

Plus Cardiff will get 11.5 million at the end of his loan spell.

On 09/08/2019 at 17:51, Montpelierblue said:

Here is a question and you as someone who saw Cardiff and Reid at close quarters last season should be well placed to answer.

Do you think and especially later in the season when you needed to open up more, that you perhaps might have gone Camarasa-Reid? In a sort of 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 hybrid.

We did that to great effect with Paterson-Reid 4-4-1-1 at times in 2017/18...don't feel you utilised him to his beat despite Arter and the aforementioned Camarasa.

To further add, a year ago I was of the view that Warnock's Cardiff wasn't the best fit. My take was that of others for whom interest maybe realistic, then Bournemouth, Fulham or Wolves would've worked better, stylistically.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Here is a question and you as someone who saw Cardiff and Reid at close quarters last season should be well placed to answer.

Do you think and especially later in the season when you needed to open up more, that you perhaps might have gone Camarasa-Reid? In a sort of 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 hybrid.

We did that to great effect with Paterson-Reid 4-4-1-1 at times in 2017/18...don't feel you utilised him to his beat despite Arter and the aforementioned Camarasa.

To further add, a year ago I was of the view that Warnock's Cardiff wasn't the best fit. My take was that of others for whom interest maybe realistic, then Bournemouth, Fulham or Wolves would've worked better, stylistically.

I would like to have seen him utilised with camarasa as you say, we only needed a few more points for survival and I reckon bobby might have got us a few more goals. We easily overcame Man Utd at old Trafford last game of the season, no cam or Arter,  just bobby, Murphy, Mendez Laing and zohore out pacing them. 

Archived