Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Phileas Fogg

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I agree except for the last bit. LJ seems to be fixed on having a big man up front, which doesn't make the most of the other players he has.

Yes I know, and yet I reckon he feels a bit cornered into playing our most (or was) valuable asset.

Has it really come to this? 

1 good season, made £10m profit. It’s a no from me. 

His stinks of desperation, there is no way this has been “planned” all summer- it’s a knee jerk reaction, I appreciate we were “close” in January, but IF we were still keen since then why didn’t we make this move 7 weeks ago when the window opened? 

Panic stations and AG 

• Like 5
  • Aubergine 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

To all those saying no:

Forget the money. We need someone now and we have the cash.

Ask yourself - come midnight tomorrow, would you rather Reid was in the squad, or we had no new striker at all? At this late stage that might be the stark choice - and if it is, it’s an absolute no brainer for me. Of course you take him.

Aka desperation

5 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Has it really come to this? 

1 good season, made £10m profit. It’s a no from me. 

His stinks of desperation, there is no way this has been “planned” all summer- it’s a knee jerk reaction, I appreciate we were “close” in January, but IF we were still keen since then why didn’t we make this move 7 weeks ago when the window opened? 

Panic stations and AG 

Or possibly we have a list of options. And Reid has scored goals in the Championship whereas Nketiah would have to prove himself.

13 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

There you go your first 'like'...enjoy.🕺

Haha...been on here a few years without posting ;fallen in to the trap now 😂) if Nketiah comes great 👍 but if not we move on and quickly...

Reid is proven (albeit in one season) but he was that good that Cardiff paid over the odds for him...good business all round 😊 I know there is the saying ‘never go back’ and in some cases I’d agree but Reid is ‘one of our own’ just deferred 😉

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Having Reid back would be like your mum giving you a cuddle after a hot girl blows you out

You should have left the last word off :laugh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Or possibly we have a list of options. And Reid has scored goals in the Championship whereas Nketiah would have to prove himself.

Re signing Bobby isn’t a BOLD signing. It’s a step back, let’s remember, we finished higher without Bobby, than we did with him. 

Thats a fact. 

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 1

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Re signing Bobby isn’t a BOLD signing. It’s a step back, let’s remember, we finished higher without Bobby, than we did with him. 

Thats a fact. 

We got further in the league cup with him then without him

Thats a fact

Does it mean anything? No, just like your point, our team is much different to when Bobby last played for us

• Like 1

It's from another post but.................

"We are really missing Bobby Reid. He came deep to link up play, then with his lungs of steel he would chase and harry defenders all day, and then he would magically appear two yards out for the tap-ins that Fammy is too exhausted to reach these days. Playing next to Reid must have been a centre-forward's dream and Fammy is missing him."

My wishes seem to be coming true!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Thats a fact. 

We finished higher with Bobby Reid than we did with Tammy Abraham...🤨

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mozo said:

We finished higher with Bobby Reid than we did with Tammy Abraham...🤨

We finished higher with Darren byfield then we did with Reid and tammy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Bobby Reid has just put his Bristol City’s highlights back up on his Instagram 

No he hasn’t they were posted ‘85 weeks ago’

Surprised at the negativity about this, I can’t think of a single negative about bringing Bobby back, our attacking play suffered big time from loosing him, let’s bring him home.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

We finished higher with Darren byfield then we did with Reid and tammy

I like this game...!

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s when the story was taken , you can choose if you want to show the highlight or hide it.

• Thanks 1

The great thing about Reid of that season, well there were many great things but a great thing.

He was like a player and a half! Not just a striker but his experience of midfield too meant he could help us match up/overload at all times during that 4-4-1-1! Constant energy, good technically, goals, assists and that aforementioned positional versatility.

Think a Reid return cold be fantastic, in its own right- let alone with all the upgrades.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

No he hasn’t. Just checked

edit: yes he has!!!

Edited by Nathandao
  • Like 1

#ANNOUNCEBYFIELD

That's spooky, because I did actually see Jamelia walking into a bungalow in Whitchurch earlier today...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

It's true. He has.

Are we being trolled by Bobby now?

I would love it - love it - if he came back.

Edited by Robin101

I have been out since this story broke. That Eddie thread was full of let’s not panic buy, let’s get a proven number 9, proven 20 goal a season striker!

I will read the whole thread but make your mind up lads! So we have gone from Eddie being the saviour to getting Bobby back? Bobby who did nothing ever really bar one season, we then sold him to Cardiff to do nothing again? Now pay Cardiff their money back to get nothing really in return bar work rate? I love Bobby but are you all mental! I know we need a striker but we were promised a number 9. Bobby is a 8.5ish. Proven.... nope. 20 goals.... extremely unlikely..... One of our own is great but it’s mental that you would be happy with this. I’d personally take Nahki Wells over Bobby and hope we can coach him back to being good. I despair, I need to lie down.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, AJgEEZa said:

I have been out since this story broke. That Eddie thread was full of let’s not panic buy, let’s get a proven number 9, proven 20 goal a season striker!

I will read the whole thread but make your mind up lads! So we have gone from Eddie being the saviour to getting Bobby back? Bobby who did nothing ever really bar one season, we then sold him to Cardiff to do nothing again? Now pay Cardiff their money back to get nothing really in return bar work rate? I love Bobby but are you all mental! I know we need a striker but we were promised a number 9. Bobby is a 8.5ish. Proven.... nope. 20 goals.... extremely unlikely..... One of our own is great but it’s mental that you would be happy with this. I’d personally take Nahki Wells over Bobby and hope we can coach him back to being good. I despair, I need to lie down.

How can you say Bobby Reid provides nothing but work rate? He was the crucial figure in a team that played the best football - by a mile - of any Bristol City team I have watched. Despite our efforts last season, we never looked as fluid. Bobby Reid up front with Diedhiou and Palmer? Yes. Please.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

That’s when the story was taken , you can choose if you want to show the highlight or hide it.

They’ve been there since it was taken. 

• Aubergine 1

1 minute ago, James54De said:

They’ve been there since it was taken. 

No they haven’t. He also had a couple from his pre-season with Cardiff up there which have since been taken down

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Ta

Confirms I am clueless with the social media stuff ! (technocockwomble)

Still cant work out what you’re explaining 🤣 But you are clearly correct !

• Like 1

We all called him a one season wonder or have you forgotten that? We laughed our nuts off that Cardiff had paid £10m for him. Great player, love him. He isn’t the answer though surely? Now webster has been sold  do you want Flint back?

5 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

How can you say Bobby Reid provides nothing but work rate? He was the crucial figure in a team that played the best football - by a mile - of any Bristol City team I have watched. Despite our efforts last season, we never looked as fluid. Bobby Reid up front with Diedhiou and Palmer? Yes. Please.

Edited by AJgEEZa

Just now, AJgEEZa said:

We all called him a one season wonder or have you forgotten that? We laughed our nuts off that Cardiff had paid £10m for him. Great player, love him. He isn’t the answer though surely? Now we ha e sold We after do you want Flint back?

Who is the answer then? :tumbleweed: