Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Phileas Fogg

Bobby Reid - Gone to Fulham on Loan

38 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Is he though? We need goals. Other than the one season he hasn’t got a record of scoring goals. He also took last year off as they didn’t play him, what did he get.... 1 or 2 goals? Someone dismissed Vydra earlier on twitter as he has only got 20 goals in 2/8 seasons and scored 15ish in the others. It’s not even close is it!

But a better record than Eddie!

You do realise that one season was the only season he played as a striker right? 

He was never going to fit into the way that Cardiff play. Our system suits a player like him perfectly.

Again, forget that it's Bobby Reid, if it was any other player that was a similar type of player with a similar record, we would be creaming ourselves. Let's not fool ourselves here.

35 minutes ago, James54De said:

5 goals in 16 starts, with 11 sub appearances in the premier league. 

Not a bad record tbf in a team that he wasn't suited to playing in, in a new league, in a team that got relegated. 

Had he played a full season, starting games and played in the correct position then it's highly likely he would have got 10+ goals and that wouldn't have been a bad return imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

How can you say Bobby Reid provides nothing but work rate? He was the crucial figure in a team that played the best football - by a mile - of any Bristol City team I have watched. Despite our efforts last season, we never looked as fluid. Bobby Reid up front with Diedhiou and Palmer? Yes. Please.

I was right behind you until the middle bit of the 3 😜

Some good points made in this thread. Would love nothing more than to see BR come back and fire us into the top six, but I’m still not convinced it’s the right move. Will sleep on it.

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Guess you didn’t get the memo, you’re not allowed to say anything negative about Weimann. He is world class.

Ok then answer this, WHEN LJ has played Weimann upfront (his preferred position btw) he scored 5 in 6 games before being shunted out wide, then a hat trick away at Promoted Sheff Utd plus another couple here and there. So why is he so shit according to you? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Ok then answer this, WHEN LJ has played Weimann upfront (his preferred position btw) he scored 5 in 6 games before being shunted out wide, then a hat trick away at Promoted Sheff Utd plus another couple here and there. So why is he so shit according to you? 

You’re wasting your time with ADN.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

But a better record than Eddie!

You do realise that one season was the only season he played as a striker right? 

He was never going to fit into the way that Cardiff play. Our system suits a player like him perfectly.

Again, forget that it's Bobby Reid, if it was any other player that was a similar type of player with a similar record, we would be creaming ourselves. Let's not fool ourselves here.

Not a bad record tbf in a team that he wasn't suited to playing in, in a new league, in a team that got relegated. 

Had he played a full season, starting games and played in the correct position then it's highly likely he would have got 10+ goals and that wouldn't have been a bad return imo.

I do get that and do not disagree with it to be fair. It’s factual and I like facts. Question though, if you could have one of Reid, Abraham, Vydra, Kodjia, Assombolonga, Nketiah, Wells or someone else who would you pick and why?

9 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

I do get that and do not disagree with it to be fair. It’s factual and I like facts. Question though, if you could have one of Reid, Abraham, Vydra, Kodjia, Assombolonga, Nketiah, Wells or someone else who would you pick and why?

Reid or Vydra, totally proven at this level and we have the players to play to their strengths. Especially if they're permanent signings. I would add Marriott to that list as well.

Tammy? Moved on to a different level and will get games at Chelsea this season hopefully and I wish him well.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Flames 1

40 goals between him and Fam season before last. We now have better players in the rest of the team.

no brainer.

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 1

Not enamoured tbh, but one thing that I will say is that if he does return he better be doing the Murray "cupped ear" in his announcement video or otherwise he can just **** right off over the bridge again. 😅

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Reid or Vydra, totally proven at this level and we have the players to play to their strengths. Especially if they're permanent signings.

Tammy? Moved on to a different level and will get games at Chelsea this season hopefully and I wish him well.

Just my opinion.

Vydra has scored a lot more goals. Bobby has only scored 30 odd career goals. In his whole career in senior football.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can’t believe I’m in the minority at not wanting this back 🤮

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMjhcs4UZNyb21U2NK7qi

Til he's announced by tripping up Michael Chopra.

We all know he’s Bristol through and through. Yes  he’s a **** for joining Cardiff, but let’s be honest, I’d have him over Wells and Most players anyday 

12 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

We all know he’s Bristol through and through. Yes  he’s a **** for joining Cardiff, but let’s be honest, I’d have him over Wells and Most players anyday 

Exactly, he wanted to go to them prem and had to go there to do it. He’s still one of ours at heart and if he had other prem choices wouldn’t have likely gone there. All the people saying they wouldn’t want him back cause of the whole head tapping business need to get a grip really. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Exactly, he wanted to go to them prem and had to go there to do it. He’s still one of ours at heart and if he had other prem choices wouldn’t have likely gone there. All the people saying they wouldn’t want him back cause of the whole head tapping business need to get a grip really. 

Exactly. He scored 20 before why not now in arguably a better, more creative team? The kid suits our pressing style and loves the faminator. Also, I think he still gives a shit, which is a + in my book.

Edited by Lordofthebling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AJgEEZa said:

If we had them all ready to join but could only sign one, it would be Tammy all day long. From the very first touch of the ball he took for us you could tell there was something special about him.

I am very much starting to warm to the idea of Bobby coming back.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

If we had them all ready to join but could only sign one, it would be Tammy all day long. From the very first touch of the ball he took for us you could tell there was something special about him.

I am very much starting to warm to the idea of Bobby coming back.

I don’t know, he patted Vile-ers badge when he scored a few times. I hate them and their arrogant tits of fans so it’s a no from me. 😉

• Like 1

If people are happy with Reid as this ‘proven no 9’ you need your head examined. He had 1 good season for us and we made a great deal selling him for 10mil when he was barely worth 500k season before. Plus we’ve already signed his direct replacement Weimann who still can’t get a shot as striker because he keeps being forced wide.

THE most important thing today is to sign a ball playing defender to replace Webster (as Wright, Baker cannot do this role and it’s too soon for TM) and get competition/replacement for Fammy if LJ wants to persist with this formation

• Like 1
  • Rovers 2

We all suspected Cardiff would be back in the Championship after one season in the Premier, I never saw Bobby as a Premiership striker so I believed Warnock took him with a view to having him ready for when they did rejoin the Championship.

If Warnock is prepared to let him go now, especially if it was back to us, I have to wonder why he doesn't rate him at Championship level all of a sudden.

Personally I'd like him back if he was cheapish but only if we are in for another striker too, it'll be disappointing to me if Bobby was the only striker we bring in.

6 hours ago, AJgEEZa said:

You like facts reid has out scored Nketiah for the last two seasons fact!

Edited by Monkeh
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Redstart said:

We all suspected Cardiff would be back in the Championship after one season in the Premier, I never saw Bobby as a Premiership striker so I believed Warnock took him with a view to having him ready for when they did rejoin the Championship.

I don’t know what Cardiff’s budget is like but Im not so sure they’d spunk £10 mill on a player they don’t view as good enough for the Prem on the basis that he’d be handy if they end up back in the Championship.

Why not put the money towards a player who would be more likely to help them stay in the Premiership?

8 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Well...They obviously like him over there. Bobby is home sick. Bring him back home.

How can you be homesick living 30 minutes down the road hahahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Couple of things against a return.

He isn’t a genuine No.9 that we want

we already have 3 players to play a 10/9.5 role, all be it he is a far better goal threat.

they would want their money back, not sure we want to spend that much. 

I like him, love his movement , but would be surprised to see him back on anything but a loan basis. 

I’d take Bobby back in a heartbeat. Yes it was galling when he went to them of all clubs but it was probably his one shot at the big time so I can just about forgive him for that. 

I’ve seen a few people describe him as a one season wonder and that would be the risk. I would say though that he’s the best of all the options out there by far now. And the fact that it would piss off the Cardiff fans makes it all the better. 

41 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Anyone not wanting this is crazy, he is quality, the reaction of Cardiff fans tells you everuthing. However I fear this is warnock on the wind up!

i don't want him, i want harry kane!!!! :) 

I’d be happy to wipe his year over bridge from my memory to have him back.

Not just proven at this level but proven in our team, and as mentioned; pretty sure we’ve better ‘pieces’ now, so would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Not that I see it happening, but would be delighted if he did come home.

47 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t know what Cardiff’s budget is like but Im not so sure they’d spunk £10 mill on a player they don’t view as good enough for the Prem on the basis that he’d be handy if they end up back in the Championship.

Why not put the money towards a player who would be more likely to help them stay in the Premiership?

I think with all the money they got for promotion £10m was a very affordable gamble on a guy who'd had one good year in the Championship and just might have made an impression in the Premier - far cheaper than blowing mega bucks on a player that might have kept them up but might not. I can also imagine they have similar issues attracting real star quality players who just don't want to base themselves down our neck of the woods.

To be honest I'll still be surprised if Warnock lets him go this early though, more likely they'd run with him and push him out in January if he underperforms for them.

Was excited about Nketiah but people that don’t want Reid back over an unproven academy striker need to give their head a wobble.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Because he clearly didn’t offer enough proof to LJ that he deserved to stay in that position. So now he plays out of position out wide where he offers very little, stealing the place of a genuine midfielder with impact.

The truth is, for all the brilliantly hilarious emoji responses to me from the masses on OTIB yesterday, if the fans are so wildly enamoured with Weimann and he offers so much going forward - why is everybody desperate for a striker? With the stats you’ve stated, he’s the answer, no? 

I'm clearly in the minority. It's a no for  me. I honestly dont think he can repeat that season. May get 10 goals a season for a championship outfit. Wages to high

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Would the price and wages cost more to get him back than what we sold him for . That wouldn’t make any sense at all 

only what we prob would of paid him on a new contract, cardiff still owe us around 5 million anyway

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Because he clearly didn’t offer enough proof to LJ that he deserved to stay in that position. So now he plays out of position out wide where he offers very little, stealing the place of a genuine midfielder with impact.

The truth is, for all the brilliantly hilarious emoji responses to me from the masses on OTIB yesterday, if the fans are so wildly enamoured with Weimann and he offers so much going forward - why is everybody desperate for a striker? With the stats you’ve stated, he’s the answer, no? 

no the emojis are for the fact you are talking complete horseshit,

Why do you think he is being played out of position, its because out of position he is still better then the midfielders he is keeping out,

Weimann offers very little other than extraordinary work rate which is admirable, but not as effective as a creative wide man that can create chances for other players. If we are to go for promotion, he is either a good bench option or a second striker than can hassle the oppositions defensive midfielder that dictates play and maybe pitches in with 5-10 goals.

• Like 1

Can't make my mind up about bobby reid coming back. I like So many others, had my heart set on eddie nketiah coming to us and was in the mind set he would be everything we needed in a striker, and could easily get 20+ goals. That deal looks dead in the water now, and part of me is warming to the idea of Bobby coming back. It's a little bit of a strange situation, and relies on warnock not wanting him, and us mainly being able to afford his wages, or getting somewhere close, and giving him a golden hand shake to come back to us. Maybe the player will push the move, and persuade warnock to part with him. Either way, I'll get behind what the club is trying to achieve.