IGNORED

SEMENYO

daored

It appears we’ve been turned down by Nketiah and whilst disappointing as the club clearly had him as their number one target.

However, we appear to have a talented youngster of our own, who was attracting admiring glances from Chelsea.

As a club we were prepared to loan an inexperienced player from a premier league club, similar to what we did with Tammy. Is the answer to our striker problem already at the club, is it not beneficial to play our own and give the chance to them, rather than an untried player of a similar age from a premier league club ?

13 minutes ago, daored said:

It appears we’ve been turned down by Nketiah and whilst disappointing as the club clearly had him as their number one target.

However, we appear to have a talented youngster of our own, who was attracting admiring glances from Chelsea.

As a club we were prepared to loan an inexperienced player from a premier league club, similar to what we did with Tammy. Is the answer to our striker problem already at the club, is it not beneficial to play our own and give the chance to them, rather than an untried player of a similar age from a premier league club ?

Yes agree with you - let's all get behind Semenyo...chant his name etc , let him know the crowd is behind him even if he makes a mistake. ..and see how he goes. At least he's our player and wants to play for us. 

23 minutes ago, daored said:

At the moment we need goals not promising young talent. 

Blimey- someone remembered we have a very exciting striker who has more experience than that LOAN Arsenal chap- and one who wants to play for us and is one of our own.

That's really gonna upset all the idiots losing their shit on the transfer forum about an unknown quantity , who may or may not want to drop into the Championship in order to get to play for the team he loves- Arsenal and the same idiots who are just as arrogant as the idiot Leeds supporters.

Leeds or BCFC makes no difference to him so long as he gets back in the team he feels he belongs and fair play- good luck.

The same idiots who lose their shit when we sell Semenyo for mega millions yet get more excited about a loan.

Bonkers.

29 minutes ago, daored said:

I agree with need goals, but isn’t Nketia a promising young talent, wasn’t Tammy ?

I guess the difference is promising young talent for Chelsea and arsenal walk straight I to our team, promising young talent for walk straight into Newports team. 

Tammy also scored 23 goals for us in 41, Semenyo scored 3 in 21. Make your own mind up but I want the Bristol City shirt to be one that has to be earned and comes with responsibility not something we chuck at people because we just want to see how they get on. 

36 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

We can't expect too much from him in his first proper Championship season, but if he could score at least 7 or 8 times this season, that would be decent for the young lad.

Yet everyone was expecting much more from "fast" Eddie in what would have been his first season in the championship!

Ive said before that there seems to be a fixation that only by spending big money and big wages on the so called "proven at this level striker" will we see an increase in goals scored. Semenyo is untried at this level, but as others have commented he must have something about him for Chelsea to have been interested. Tammy was equally untried at this level before he came here n loan, so perhaps being the unknown quantity might be the way to go with Semenyo.

As long as Semenyo is more mobile than Diedhiou and willing to put in a shift, I'd rather him than Nketiah.

Develop one of our own to solve the need rather than rely on another club's player for a season aka Tammy. Just delays what is a very prominent issue.

1 minute ago, Judda said:

I think Semenyo is considered to be 'raw'

Ie. Loads of natural talent but maybe needs more time...

Then give him some game time the toothless Leeds Utd match went nowhere until Taylor and Eliasson came on, Birmingham City put a 16 year old on last night against Pompey surely Semenyo could go in against QPR in the cup game ?

Ultimately it’s LJ and his assistants call on whether Semenyo is Championship ready or not. They’ve have seen him in training against quality defenders and make the call on how much he shows..

We fans might think that AS is ‘worth a go’ but none of us are fully qualified coaches or seen AS in training so the bottom line is that we have to accept whatever LJ and his assistants decide to do.

If LJ give Semenyo ‘a go’ and then he turns out to be not up to standard and consequently lose confidence - What then?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ultimately it’s LJ and his assistants call on whether Semenyo is Championship ready or not. They’ve have seen him in training against quality defenders and make the call on how much he shows..

We fans might think that AS is ‘worth a go’ but none of us are fully qualified coaches or seen AS in training so the bottom line is that we have to accept whatever LJ and his assistants decide to do.

If LJ give Semenyo ‘a go’ and then he turns out to be not up to standard and consequently lose confidence - What then?

Depends Robbered. 

I remember people being annoyed we never gave Robinson a chance on loan who then went onto join Preston. 

We (also) didnt give Bolasie enough oppurtunities. 

Both were immeasurably improved and grew as players after leaving us and getting a fair oppurtunity elsewhere. 

Coaches don't always know best. They're human. But thats no reason to not at least give players, with potential, and oppurtunity. 

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I hope so.

It must be demoralising for a player who has made every effort and knows that he is good enough for the first team to see so much speculation about a similar level incoming player who may push him out of the team.

I don't think us bringing in a loan striker would be demoralising for him as it doesn't block the pathway permanently.

12 months time that pathway opens up again and I think Senenyo would then be at the stage to really make a claim for a starting place, possibly having gone out on loan again.

8 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Did anyone witness his hat trick last Friday?? Be interested to know how he played overall. 

Friend of mine went, said he was outstanding clearly the best player on the pitch, said previous our next target man striker could be here already, though agree wrong to expect too much too soon.

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Blimey- someone remembered we have a very exciting striker who has more experience than that LOAN Arsenal chap- and one who wants to play for us and is one of our own.

That's really gonna upset all the idiots losing their shit on the transfer forum about an unknown quantity , who may or may not want to drop into the Championship in order to get to play for the team he loves- Arsenal and the same idiots who are just as arrogant as the idiot Leeds supporters.

Leeds or BCFC makes no difference to him so long as he gets back in the team he feels he belongs and fair play- good luck.

The same idiots who lose their shit when we sell Semenyo for mega millions yet get more excited about a loan.

Bonkers.

He’s not actually set the world alight when he played for us so far, if anything he’s seemed a little out of his depth apart from Preston away. We need a proven goal scoring striker and anyone in doubt about that must have a short memory of what went on last season. 

I hope Semenyo comes good but too much is riding on our need for a good striker this season. Get a goal scorer in we’ll have a good season. 

9 hours ago, grove park city said:

Then give him some game time the toothless Leeds Utd match went nowhere until Taylor and Eliasson came on, Birmingham City put a 16 year old on last night against Pompey surely Semenyo could go in against QPR in the cup game ?

He was suspended for the Leeds game. I’m sure he’ll get game time, more so if Eddie flies elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I hope so.

It must be demoralising for a player who has made every effort and knows that he is good enough for the first team to see so much speculation about a similar level incoming player who may push him out of the team.

Still getting handsomely paid! I’m sure he’ll get over it. 

16 hours ago, bris red said:

Im all for giving the boy a chance. Sometimes the answer can be right there in front of you..

Let's just give the guy a chance to see what he can do and I don't just mean 30 mins when we're chasing a game. He may well be our hidden gem, maybe not, but there is only one place to find out, and I  don't  mean Newport with all due respect.

Archived