IGNORED

The target for us this season has to be

David Brent

for us to try and enjoy it.

Put your feet up, have a cup of tea and a custard cream and try and enjoy what LJ and his team are doing.

Weimann doesn’t HAVE TO start ahead of Diedhiou.

Pack doesn’t NEED TO be dropped.

LJ doesn’t HAVE TO buy another centre back.

We’ve got the most exciting squad we’ve had in years. What a time to be a City fan.

16 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Put your feet up, have a cup of tea and a custard cream and try and enjoy what LJ and his team are doing.

We’ve got the most exciting squad we’ve had in years. What a time to be a City fan.

Those things all need to happen or the world will end...

32 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I can guarantee that the 'narrative' of this season won't be just to enjoy it. Too many rightly or wrongly expect - not my view for what it's worth - a promotion challenge this year and our finishing lower this season would create havoc. 

To be fair I DO want to see more home performances and wins. Last season - at home - was not often enjoyable. Very strange season. Couple this with a fanbase that is more negative imo than the average and the narrative of this season could be one resembling a bumpy ride. Strap in.

I'm with you that there's a lot to be excited about. We do need to find more goals from the team though.  Hopefully we work it out, with or without a new addition.

In reality, nothing matters. Football is just an immaterial distraction. It is impermanent and doesn't matter, eventually every part of our bodies, everything we once cared about will rot and fade in to the mists of time. It is not worth getting angry over.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

In reality, nothing matters. Football is just an immaterial distraction. It is impermanent and doesn't matter, eventually every part of our bodies, everything we once cared about will rot and fade in to the mists of time. It is not worth getting angry over.

Now I definitely can’t enjoy it! ?

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

Targets?

£1 off a pint

Seats in the concourse

Gas to go down and go bust

Increase S82's area

Put away fans up in the gods

Play 2 up top

Home visit by the Swedish Bikini Team.

I'm easily pleased.

I'd go with all of those!

9 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

I can guarantee that the 'narrative' of this season won't be just to enjoy it. Too many rightly or wrongly expect - not my view for what it's worth - a promotion challenge this year and our finishing lower this season would create havoc. 

To be fair I DO want to see more home performances and wins. Last season - at home - was not often enjoyable. Very strange season. Couple this with a fanbase that is more negative imo than the average and the narrative of this season could be one resembling a bumpy ride. Strap in.

I'm with you that there's a lot to be excited about. We do need to find more goals from the team though.  Hopefully we work it out, with or without a new addition.

Including the owner and the board

The club are banging the drum about wanting promotion and that is what they expect.  They sell season tickets and matchday tickets on the back end of it

Anything other then a strong promotion push this season will be failure.  Personally, I believe anything outside of top 6 will be failure....but if we push right to the end and just miss out, so be it.

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Source?

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

For me the target should be promotion, and there is nothing wrong with being bold and stating that.

You don't spend £8million on Kalas, and then an additional £7million on a French wonder kid just to enjoy the season.

It’s relative. A lot of clubs are spending big money in this division.

You go ahead and give yourself a coronary  because Diedhiou missed a one on one. 

56 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Including the owner and the board

The club are banging the drum about wanting promotion and that is what they expect.  They sell season tickets and matchday tickets on the back end of it

Anything other then a strong promotion push this season will be failure.  Personally, I believe anything outside of top 6 will be failure....but if we push right to the end and just miss out, so be it.

'...so be it' indeed.

I agree. It is the club making the big noises...echoed by some on here...but few of us follow City because we are confident of success, we enjoy the ride, however bumpy.

And, dare I say it, we can get hostile glances from our more optimistic fellow passengers if we point out the bumps!

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

It’s relative. A lot of clubs are spending big money in this division.

You go ahead and give yourself a coronary  because Diedhiou missed a one on one. 

Diedhiou shouldn't even be in the team to miss that chance; it should be Weimann all day long!!!

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Same as last season then................:cool2:

4 hours ago, just like watching brazil said:

If we don’t sign a striker today then I’m not

Even without signing a new striker the very least we will finish is upper mid table, think people will be surprised just how good semenyo will become, part of the reason the club seem to be fairly quiet on the striker signing front, relegation, there's more chance I will win the lottery, relax there are plenty of teams in the Championship who would kill to have our squad.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

We've played one game :blink:

The poster did not post anything outrageous. New players will have to take in new culture. ideas and approach. According to Skys Andy Hinchcliffe Lee Johnson told him  he feels it takes 30 training sessions for new recruits to get up to speed, a Guardiola thinks it takes five six months .. Players joining and targeted for the XI will have had no pre season with City .. Its not ideal preparation. 

17 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

1. Ensure we don't get relegated

2. Play attractive football

3. Improve, advance, move up - hopefully to the PL, but I'd expect us to be challenging the play offs (sigh)

Totally agree anything above 8,th from last season is improvement and that is all you want from The club 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The poster did not post anything outrageous. New players will have to take in new culture. ideas and approach. According to Skys Andy Hinchcliffe Lee Johnson told him  he feels it takes 30 training sessions for new recruits to get up to speed, a Guardiola thinks it takes five six months .. Players joining and targeted for the XI will have had no pre season with City .. Its not ideal preparation. 

I was referring soley to the part that I highlighted in bold, that Johnson needs to get our season on track, which I found to be a ridiculous assertion considering we've played a single game.

I've got no arguments with the rest of the post, or indeed yours. 

Archived