IGNORED

Greatest ever day on OTIB

Marina's Rolls Royce

Truly today must be our 'finest hour'.

I learn today that Weimann should not be on the pitch and  Fammy is actually the problem in our team.

Meanwhile signing a truly mega exciting player age 18 with Champions League experience from a major European club is questioned as worryingly too much money and a big gamble- then largely glossed over on our forum because it's just not enough or the right position . Un-####in believable !!  ( Welcome Han-Noah - I will cheer you at every touch)

Signing a goal keeper with the pedigree of Dan Bentley, Making our Chelsea loans of Kallas, DaSilva and Palmer permanent for mega millions. Boom.

Signing a very exciting player from Benfica ( Benfica FFS!) who gave one of the best messages about joining BCFC that I have ever read- but no, it's irrelevant because it's nothing compared to an unknown Arse second string player who may or may not condescend to play for our great club. And people are making it out to be the end of the world????

We have a chance of signing a great quality Hungarian International  and who knows who else?.

Meanwhile-loads of spoilt school children think that SL or MA or more stupidly Lee Johnson only had one single striker target in Eddie whatshisface whose Club has made it clear of no guarantees of him going anywhere. So really???  In a market where virtually every single club in Europe- no, the world, wants a striker who can get goals and our fans believe  club's will obviously sell to BCFC? - you silly silly children. There will be a Plan B even if it's not the one fans dreamt of.

So- just to sum up what has been the most unappreciative day in OTIB history - we've made some cracking signings and cracking sales. We are doing stuff that I never dreamt possible because I saw my Club almost disappear in 1982, I stood on the terraces of Trumpton when we lost the title and when the Green'un announced yet another pointless journeyman signing for us in order to join a team of journeymen not playing for us. Same old same old for decades. 

I'm actually in heaven about what's now going on at BCFC, so grateful to SL and pretty much laugh at a 50± page thread of hysteria about a player that 99.9% of posters have never seen play, can't spell and can't pronounce.

And the funniest thing that it's always the same group of posters who never believe( I'll be reminding you later in the season, boys) because they always criticise and unless we are guaranteed the Prem - they'll keep on being pretend supporters.

If we get to the play-offs we'll have done well- actually,brilliantly in a tough tough League  but I just don't get how people are just not able to see how far we've come and how far we can still go.

COYR

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I learn today that Weimann should not be on the pitch and  Fammy is actually the problem in our team.

Meanwhile signing a truly mega exciting player age 18 with Champions League experience from a major European club is questioned as worryingly too much money and a big gamble- then largely glossed over on our forum because it's just not enough or the right position . Un-####in believable !!  ( Welcome Han-Noah - I will cheer you at every touch)

Signing a goal keeper with the pedigree of Dan Bentley, Making our Chelsea loans of Kallas, DaSilva and Palmer permanent for mega millions. Boom.

Signing a very exciting player from Benfica ( Benfica FFS!) who gave one of the best messages about joining BCFC that I have ever read- but no, it's irrelevant because it's nothing compared to an unknown Arse second string player who may or may not condescend to play for our great club. And people are making it out to be the end of the world????

We have a chance of signing a great quality Hungarian International  and who knows who else?.

Meanwhile-loads of spoilt school children think that SL or MA or more stupidly Lee Johnson only had one single striker target in Eddie whatshisface whose Club has made it clear of no guarantees of him going anywhere. So really???  In a market where virtually every single club in Europe- no, the world, wants a striker who can get goals and our fans believe  club's will obviously sell to BCFC? - you silly silly children. There will be a Plan B even if it's not the one fans dreamt of.

So- just to sum up what has been the most unappreciative day in OTIB history - we've made some cracking signings and cracking sales. We are doing stuff that I never dreamt possible because I saw my Club almost disappear in 1982, I stood on the terraces of Trumpton when we lost the title and when the Green'un announced yet another pointless journeyman signing for us in order to join a team of journeymen not playing for us. Same old same old for decades. 

I'm actually in heaven about what's now going on at BCFC, so grateful to SL and pretty much laugh at a 50± page thread of hysteria about a player that 99.9% of posters have never seen play, can't spell and can't pronounce.

And the funniest thing that it's always the same group of posters who never believe( I'll be reminding you later in the season, boys) because they always criticise and unless we are guaranteed the Prem - they'll keep on being pretend supporters.

If we get to the play-offs we'll have done well- actually,brilliantly in a tough tough League  but I just don't get how people are just not able to see how far we've come and how far we can still go.

COYR

Best thread of the season!..... ok ..... of the year!

18 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

COYR

Brilliant post !!!!

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

COYR

I totally agree with you. Sometimes just sometimes we all need to think about what a decent place the club is in now

Not everyone will be happy, a bit like the bloke who was having a right old temper tantrum in the South Stand Concourse before the match on Sunday 

Complaining that he couldn’t have Ice with his Diet Coke, and that “the @@@@@ club have had months to get this right in the close season”

When people are complaining about the lack of Ice in their coke, it’s a distraction from other stuff! ???????????

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

COYR

I like Matt Smith

Stop making sense!

Most are only happy when complaining and this post nails that perfectly.  I remember us signing  the likes of John Burns, Marc Goodfellow, Robin Hulbert and Carl Hutchings.......sometimes i think people would enjoy to go back to those days.......

My god thank you for this post. I’m not old enough to remember ‘82(I was 1), but I do remember us signing Marcus Stewart, michael bridges and gavin smith and thinking we have made it and that was the turning point. Now we are signing wonderkids from Benfica and Monaco. Do I fear us going down in one of the toughest leagues in Europe? No. Do I remember as a kid rovers beating us and as the only kid at downend school a city fan, getting roasted for weeks? Yes. Who cares. I love it. I live in London now, I probably can’t get a ticket now as I used to, I miss the east end and away trip to gillingham, but as I type this in shitty Tenerife, I know people recognise my crappy Bristol city towel more than they ever did. COYR.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

COYR

Quite possibly the best post I’ve ever read on here..! 

6 hours ago, Eastred said:

I totally agree with you. Sometimes just sometimes we all need to think about what a decent place the club is in now

Not everyone will be happy, a bit like the bloke who was having a right old temper tantrum in the South Stand Concourse before the match on Sunday 

Complaining that he couldn’t have Ice with his Diet Coke, and that “the @@@@@ club have had months to get this right in the close season”

When people are complaining about the lack of Ice in their coke, it’s a distraction from other stuff! ???????????

1st world problems! Bet he gets well upset when his Nespresso machine doesn't piece his coffee pods properly!

7 hours ago, RedHienz said:

Stop making sense!

Most are only happy when complaining and this post nails that perfectly.  I remember us signing  the likes of John Burns, Marc Goodfellow, Robin Hulbert and Carl Hutchings.......sometimes i think people would enjoy to go back to those days.......

I was excited to be signing all of the above mentioned players.

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

COYR

That, my friend, may be the truest and most succinct thing I've ever read on here.

I despair of the internet sometimes, so full of ill-conceived ignorant opinions and righteous anger.

Well said! 

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

COYR

:clap:

Admirable positivity...many of us on here were on the terraces back in 1982 and remember the efforts made to be excited about the prospects of signing John Palmer or Paul Williams...these are truly exciting times.

BUT why the need to characterise fellow supporters as 'spoilt school children'? 

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

BUT why the need to characterise fellow supporters as 'spoilt school children'? 

If you peruse the Nketiah thread from around 5ish yesterday I'm sure you'll agree that @Marina's Rolls Royce is being far, far too kind with his description of some of our more reactionary posters.

Beyond responding to our pursuit of Nketiah and his potential decision in a semi rabid, myopic manner, there are also posters classy enough to wish serious injury on a kid doing what we all would in his shoes without our City affiliation.

I'm not sure even a spoilt child would do that tbh.

Fair points regarding the offensive stuff - which I missed yesterday evening - I was following that thread for most of the day though as I was the whole Forum. Full of the excitement of deadline day, lots of humour and lots of far better insight than offered by any other media outlet...some nonsense, some spot on. It'll be the same today.

Yet at the end of the day the OP took time to write an essay peppered with offensive and patronising comments about fellow supporters...why would anyone do that?

Archived