IGNORED

Ádám Nagy - some extra insight from a Hungarian

Hunsupport

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Just heard the lovely Alex on Points West pronounce it NAGGEE.  Very poor for the BBC - it’s hardly an uncommon surname in Hungary.

I believe, and @Hunsupport might correct me here, but it's THE most common surname in Hungary.

Many famous Magyars with that name. Including this brave fella, who tried to buck the Soviet system and paid for it with his life.

Nagy Imre igazolványkép.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imre_Nagy

@Hunsupport

Big thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful post.  And your English is fantastic.

Just watched his first interview and I must say I am really impressed by him.  Not the usual 2 minutes scripted by the media dept.  He also shows some humility on aspects he needs to improve.

If he is at all as you describe, which I do not doubt, he'll be in safe hands and the City fans will adore him.  

P.S.  I was just pleased you weren't a Rangers fan!!  ?

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

He strikes me as a youthful Sergio Busquets type, which might not sound too complimentary, but what a career that guy's having.

Are you kidding? Busquets is one of the better midfielders of the past 10 years, and I think he's only just 30.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Are you kidding? Busquets is one of the better midfielders of the past 10 years, and I think he's only just 30.

Just turned 31, but your response proves I was paying a compliment. Hes an unspectacular player but very effective. I see Nagy as a similar type ie defensive, without being especially physical, very tidy on the ball and very astute. 

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Just turned 31, but your response proves I was paying a compliment. Hes an unspectacular player but very effective. I see Nagy as a similar type ie defensive, without being especially physical, very tidy on the ball and very astute. 

Yep, probably a good comparison considering what I've heard in terms of footballing intelligence and reading of the game. 

Really liked his performance today, especially considering only been here a few days, new players, different system, etc.

Thought he tired, understandably, in final 15, but kept showing and rotated the ball.  46/49 successful passes, got into the box twice to get shots in that almost make it a dream debut.

Don’t want to get carried out, but really nice start.

16D70BA7-7E6E-46E5-8AE5-DEE9B89EF832.jpeg

Archived