IGNORED

Ádám Nagy - some extra insight from a Hungarian

Hunsupport

36 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’d say Palmer was MOTM but Nagy had a very good game 

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s gonna be ******* class 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Red said:

Quality signing, so tidy with everything he did.

These two were stand out. I said on another thread Nagy will make us millions and I’m pretty confident Palmer will too. 

Weimann and Afobe looked in flashes to be on the same wave length. As each other and these boys too. 

All in all the future to me looks bright. 

The boy wonder will get on against QPR so that will be fun too

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really liked his performance today, especially considering only been here a few days, new players, different system, etc.

Thought he tired, understandably, in final 15, but kept showing and rotated the ball.  46/49 successful passes, got into the box twice to get shots in that almost make it a dream debut.

Don’t want to get carried out, but really nice start.

16D70BA7-7E6E-46E5-8AE5-DEE9B89EF832.jpeg

What are those diamonds? Picnic tables? And a little ti pi somewhere nearby for a camp site?

On 08/08/2019 at 02:38, Hunsupport said:

Hi everyone. I'm a Hungarian fan (clearly obvious from my name I suppose :) ), thanks for letting me join the forum. I would like You to have a little insight on Ádám, not the usual stats, etc. I don't want to convince anyone if he's a good or bad football player, just give a little deeper insight on his characteristics, something You can't know about from articles and the usual introductions. Waited for the finalisation of the transfer with this just to be sure and it will be a long read. :)

I'll start by being very honest: he's my absolute favourite player. And that's a very rare thing in Hungary, He's not a “showman”, an enforcer or a crazy dribbler who catches the eye at first sight so everyone should make up his own mind on him after seeing a few games. He won't make the stats tops in tackles but he's very strong in interception, covering passes and a real baller DM. He's quite different from any other DMs I think that's why there are some coaches / managers who don't know what to do with him, how to use him on the pitch.

When he was introduced to the first team of Ferencváros in our Cup final he was ok but nothing more to me. I watched him over and over again when he instantly became a regular starter and after about 5 games – when everyone else started to call him 'ok' – I had an epiphany. I admire his game from that moment because for me he is absolutely different from everyone else. His style, his elegance, his pace and outstanding 'football intelligence' amazes me. I was afraid that this angel-faced kid is mentally not strong enough but then I heard him giving interviews, looked up his past and relaxed.

He was fired from his club at 11 because he wasn't strong or muscled enough. He wanted to finish football - which he started to play only because of the good company - but there were 2 very young coaches who saw him play. They persuaded him not to give up, it took them a few weeks' hard talk...After that he played in lower kid leagues and paralell to that futsal. Three years later the coach of Ferencváros was Bobby Davison who saw him play and offered him scolarship to a Spanish-English academy. He went to Spain for 3,5 years, amongst his coaches was the current fitness coach of Wolves and Ian Wright as well. Then he played 2 years for Ferencváros's U21 team and continued playing futsal, it defines his style. Now after 3 years in Italy he muscled up in a very athletic way, became much more forward-minded in his gameplay, but remained just as fast as before and tactically very-very disciplined. To show some aspects of his thinking and honesty I would like to quote a bit of his interview after this season.

“ When Mihajlovic came in as a coach ( to replace Pippo Inzaghi) it became clear after 2-3 training sessions that he won't count with me at all. He didn't speak to me at all, we only spoke once after we defeated Crotia in the qualifiers, then he congratulated me and that was all of our interaction in the 5 months. But it didn't mean that I can relax in trainings or skip them just because I knew I won't play no matter what. I was first in, last out; always try being the fastest and hardest working because in these situations You have to do Your best so Your teammates, club and country could do their best as well. And I don't like whining either, these things happen in football, still You have to do Your best in trainings.” So it's not really that he “doesn't find his place and all these sorts of stupid things: the same thing happened in the national team as well; Leekens said he don't know how to use him, then now Rossi says he's irreplaceable for him.

Regarding his fitness and pace: for stat fans I can only say that in his last 4 EC qualifiers he ran 13 kms / per game and 70% (!!!) of this was at sprinting speed. He's not a sprinter, but he runs constantly very fast and a lot. He came 2nd in the last Serie A year in ground covered with 11,7 kms / 90 mins. He loves running and he's genetically very-very good at it.

In mentality he's very different from players at his age or younger. He's old school, gives the outmost respect to the older players, his coaches and an extreme hard worker. Thomas Doll, the former Lazio player was his coach here, he said about him: “ You put him in the training ground, don't look at him for a week and he'd do 120 % of the work and knows everything about the weekend tactics”. He's also very honest and loyal: for him being a foreign player only means more respect for club, country and fans. Once he chooses the club then it becomes “we” and beware everyone who wants to hurt his club. He doesn't need constant media attention,not a poser; You won't spend hours watching his instagram as he puts like 1 picture on it per every 2-3 months...

So with my knowledge and study on him I can say that he might looks like a little, mostly sad boy it is all part of his act, he's the angel-faced devil if You ask me. :) When the big guys put fierce tackles in to stamp authority he plays mind games there on the pitch, like he's playing rapid chess games throughout the game. He speaks 3 languages fluently: English, Spanish, Italian and also basic Portuguese. He definitely won't get homesick as he spent half of his footballer life abroad.

Last but not least: all pronounciaton You heard is false. Trick is in the “gy” at the end. The closest is like You say Nadja without the “a” in the end.

This is a great insight thanks for taking the time. Sounds like he has the mentality our fans will respect and the current manager will enjoy that about him too, probably the motivation behind his signing.

i watched all 90 minutes live today on tv and thought he was good popping up where you would want him to be and actually had a chance at goal but couldn’t find his feet. Hopefully he’ll be more than just a replacement for Pack.  

44 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Not a dig at you mate, but it really is a reflection of what city are becoming when we now say (myself included) what someone will earn us, before we mention what they'll do for us 

I don’t take it as a dig fella no worries, however we are a top half championship team with aspirations. We buy low sell high and build. We spent years buying players that yielded nothing except a drinking culture. 

We may not like it but this is as good as it’s been since 1909 with one four year exception. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Really liked his performance today, especially considering only been here a few days, new players, different system, etc.

Thought he tired, understandably, in final 15, but kept showing and rotated the ball.  46/49 successful passes, got into the box twice to get shots in that almost make it a dream debut.

Genuinely think he was exceptional. Not seen a player like him in a City shirt in a long time.

Did we beat off (no laughing) anybody else to get this lad's signature anyone?

Or was he a bit under the radar for most English clubs and we've done a bit of serious homework?

Early days, but looks like a very classy and intelligent person and football player who is highly likely to become an AG favourite.

Don't worry lads and lasses, we can coach this ability out of him.

Seriously, possibly the most footballing intelligent midfielder I have seen play for us (albeit only seeing him once).  Just knows where to position himself to either intercept or make a burst to get in a challenge while staying on his feet. moves well with the ball keeps it moving and doesn't seem to give away possession when he has got the ball. Seems very unhurried in everything he does even when under pressure

If he keeps this up he won't be with us long, which is just as well for him given point 1 :)

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wow what an incredible pass rate, away from home too! 

It was genuinely a joy to watch him play today, he played like that without knowing our patterns of play etc, although on today's performance maybe we should keep him away from those meetings ?

As said by many on here Nagy was class. Like most good midfielders he moved the ball accurately and quickly, constantly changing the point of attack. Linked well with Josh and Kasey and brought a decent save out of Camp himself. Off the ball he made a number of important interceptions. I'm going to enjoy watching him this season. 

On 09/08/2019 at 12:49, elhombrecito said:

I hadn't heard of him until a couple of days ago, and I've still never seen him play, but I think he might already be my favourite player. 

I was about to say the same thing. I was really hoping he'd live up to the showreel and he was everything I'd imagined.

Might put a poster of him on my wall... (half-joking)

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I was about to say the same thing. I was really hoping he'd live up to the showreel and he was everything I'd imagined.

Might put a poster of him on my wall... (half-joking)

With furtling holes? (google it, but not at work)

• Admin

City have bought a round peg for a round hole with Nagy. I've been excited about this signing since he was linked because he sounds like exactly the kind of midfielder an LJ side needs.

As great as Pack did for us, he often slowed at down doing that twist one way then the other thing he would do to get some space on the ball, by which time everyone was marked and he'd have to pass back to the defence. Nagy wants to intercept then play it immediately, then find space for a return pass. As I mentioned elsewhere, a (much) upgraded version of LJ himself. 

Archived