Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Hunsupport

Ádám Nagy - some extra insight from a Hungarian

4 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

So with my knowledge and study on him I can say that he might looks like a little, mostly sad boy it is all part of his act, he's the angel-faced devil if You ask me. :) When the big guys put fierce tackles in to stamp authority he plays mind games there on the pitch, like he's playing rapid chess games throughout the game. He speaks 3 languages fluently: English, Spanish, Italian and also basic Portuguese. He definitely won't get homesick as he spent half of his footballer life abroad.

3 languages fluently? - wouldn't Hungarian also be on the list!  Just wait to he learns propper Bristolian like, then he will have 5 languages to compete with Cisse

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

Hi everyone. I'm a Hungarian fan (clearly obvious from my name I suppose :) ), thanks for letting me join the forum. I would like You to have a little insight on Ádám

Egészségére 🍻👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

It might actually help Pack. Pack is a deep-lying midfielder rather than a defensive one. Having Nagy alongside him might free him up a bit. 

uh oh 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Great interview, speaks very well, really positive stuff ...I'm also impressed ...

Just watched it. Great interview,  comes across very well and speaks very good English. I can see him being a revelation this year. 

1 minute ago, xerox6060 said:

Great interview, speaks very well, really positive stuff ...I'm also impressed ...

Seems a well mannered and well rounded player to get the engine room ticking!

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Just watched it. Great interview,  comes across very well and speaks very good English. I can see him being a revelation this year. 

Speaks English better than most of our English born players!

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Just heard the lovely Alex on Points West pronounce it NAGGEE.  Very poor for the BBC - it’s hardly an uncommon surname in Hungary.

I believe, and @Hunsupport might correct me here, but it's THE most common surname in Hungary.

Many famous Magyars with that name. Including this brave fella, who tried to buck the Soviet system and paid for it with his life.

Nagy Imre igazolványkép.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imre_Nagy

• Like 1

He strikes me as a youthful Sergio Busquets type, which might not sound too complimentary, but what a career that guy's having.

@Hunsupport

Big thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful post.  And your English is fantastic.

Just watched his first interview and I must say I am really impressed by him.  Not the usual 2 minutes scripted by the media dept.  He also shows some humility on aspects he needs to improve.

If he is at all as you describe, which I do not doubt, he'll be in safe hands and the City fans will adore him.  

P.S.  I was just pleased you weren't a Rangers fan!!  😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

He strikes me as a youthful Sergio Busquets type, which might not sound too complimentary, but what a career that guy's having.

Are you kidding? Busquets is one of the better midfielders of the past 10 years, and I think he's only just 30.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Are you kidding? Busquets is one of the better midfielders of the past 10 years, and I think he's only just 30.

Just turned 31, but your response proves I was paying a compliment. Hes an unspectacular player but very effective. I see Nagy as a similar type ie defensive, without being especially physical, very tidy on the ball and very astute. 

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Just turned 31, but your response proves I was paying a compliment. Hes an unspectacular player but very effective. I see Nagy as a similar type ie defensive, without being especially physical, very tidy on the ball and very astute. 

Yep, probably a good comparison considering what I've heard in terms of footballing intelligence and reading of the game. 

• Like 1

Interesting that he has played a lot of Futsal., it does wonders for ball skills and close contol which  is obviously a real benefit for midfielders

I think he could turn out to be the best signing we made in this window, I'm really excited to see what he can bring. I think he's the player we've been missing for the last few years

On 08/08/2019 at 11:50, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sounds almost like Natch

Love the sound of him.

Always running round, running round

Always running round n n n n n n n n Nadge!

Won the ball twice in the opening minute. Really set the scene for him.

Desperately unlucky with the bounce when through on goal, would have been great to get a debut goal.

Thought he faded second half which is understandable having only been in the country a couple of days.

• Like 3

Really liked his performance today, especially considering only been here a few days, new players, different system, etc.

Thought he tired, understandably, in final 15, but kept showing and rotated the ball.  46/49 successful passes, got into the box twice to get shots in that almost make it a dream debut.

Don’t want to get carried out, but really nice start.

16D70BA7-7E6E-46E5-8AE5-DEE9B89EF832.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Flames 2

36 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’d say Palmer was MOTM but Nagy had a very good game 

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s gonna be ******* class 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Red said:

Quality signing, so tidy with everything he did.

These two were stand out. I said on another thread Nagy will make us millions and I’m pretty confident Palmer will too. 

Weimann and Afobe looked in flashes to be on the same wave length. As each other and these boys too. 

All in all the future to me looks bright. 

The boy wonder will get on against QPR so that will be fun too

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really liked his performance today, especially considering only been here a few days, new players, different system, etc.

Thought he tired, understandably, in final 15, but kept showing and rotated the ball.  46/49 successful passes, got into the box twice to get shots in that almost make it a dream debut.

Don’t want to get carried out, but really nice start.

16D70BA7-7E6E-46E5-8AE5-DEE9B89EF832.jpeg

What are those diamonds? Picnic tables? And a little ti pi somewhere nearby for a camp site?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He is really, really good. Great debut.

Indefatigable, intelligent passing and non stop energy.

Motm for me.

He was all over the place (in a good way) wasn't he. He definately set a high bar. Agreed MOM for sure.

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Nagy will make us millions and I’m pretty confident Palmer will too. 

Not a dig at you mate, but it really is a reflection of what city are becoming when we now say (myself included) what someone will earn us, before we mention what they'll do for us 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

What are those diamonds? Picnic tables? And a little ti pi somewhere nearby for a camp site?

Diamond = interception

BB1C40D8-7819-448A-AE67-1287ECDECE91.jpeg

• Thanks 1