IGNORED

Matty Taylor - Confirmed - Joins Oxford on Season Long Loan

Jasper Testimitanu

Just now, Robbored said:

Stevie, do you ever consider that there may more than one reason as to why Matty Taylor was in Oxford? It is his home town after all.

Its likely that he’ll be joining them but it’s not yet announced on the OS.......

Oh  give it a rest. You’re chatting shit AGAIN 

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Stevie, do you ever consider that there may more than one reason as to why Matty Taylor was in Oxford? It is his home town after all.

Its likely that he’ll be joining them but it’s not yet announced on the OS.......

Bit like Bobby Reid being in south Bristol last week. Any number of reasons.

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

So you’re itk then Selred.............:cool2:

LJ said he was close to a championship loan, which shows he’s not needed. Therefore a player not needed, in a tunnel of another club, with a manager, would 90% suggest he’s off there. 

17 minutes ago, Selred said:

Transfer forum. If you don’t like talking about potential players moving, until it’s on the OS, then maybe ask someone to block this section of the forum for you. 

I posted fairly recently that I’d reneged on my decision not to visit the transfer forum.

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

poor decision if true to let him go. we are hardly blessed with strikers who score shed load of goaks.

If Taylor were being kept here for scoring shed loads of goals, he would have been sold or loaned out a long time ago.

I think he can still do a job for us. He always gives 100% and is a goalscorer.

He loves it here.

But, sadly, if he's not playing tomorrow night then that's an indication that he's off but all all it would take is a couple of injuries and suddenly we're short again.

Do we have a similar player to him, the answer's no, so why get rid?

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

He loves it here.

But, sadly, if he's not playing tomorrow night then that's an indication that he's off but all all it would take is a couple of injuries and suddenly we're short again.

I would say weimann in theory is a similar player to him, just to a much higher standard?

1 hour ago, Swede said:

He loves it here.

If he plays tomorrow night, surely any loan would mean he can't be transferred in January as a player can't play for 3 teams in a season can he?

I would imagine LJ would go pretty much full strength tomorrow anyway to allow the new players to bed in to our systems and get to know the players.

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

So.......Matty Taylor was seen at Oxford United and some see that as a sign that he’s going to join Oxford........Has it not dawned on them that Oxford is Matty Taylor’s home town and he could well have been there to visit relatives or (god forbid) watching his home town team play?............:dunno:

What rather than travel with the squad that pay his wages... don't think so do you really??

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If he plays tomorrow night, surely any loan would mean he can't be transferred in January as a player can't play for 3 teams in a season can he?

I would imagine LJ would go pretty much full strength tomorrow anyway to allow the new players to bed in to our systems and get to know the players.

He’s already played 10 minutes v Leeds. 

2 hours ago, Swede said:

He loves it here.

He's useful to have as an option, but in my opinion not good enough if we're serious about top 6.

In his defence, he hasn't had a real run of games - but still think a club with aspirations of top 6 needs high calibre forwards.

Probably be very useful at L1 level though.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Of all things though - Matty Taylor to Oxford United. Hardly transfer of the century. I don't think it's interesting enough to bother making a fake photo.

It’s probably Oxford Mails most clicked story this weekend 

Archived