IGNORED

Matty Taylor - Confirmed - Joins Oxford on Season Long Loan

Jasper Testimitanu

Well he is so far down the pecking order here cannot see any rhyme or reason to retain him, no matter what we all think about him as a person, or not.  5th choice behind AW,FD,AS, & BO . Will get pretty much zero game time and doubt make match day squad.  Good luck to him.  Good league 1 player. 

My personal view on this is that every City fan has an affection for Matty Taylor because of the "coming from Rovers for a penny" and the general piss take that has seen us getting one over that lot.

If he goes then we should all wish him well, Oxford play that lot in a couple of weeks time and it would be good to see him bag a brace.

The problem he will have is the hatred from their fans, so i personally dont think he will be on the pitch that day.

Wish the guy well though, top bloke.

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't see anything wrong with it, is there some other reason you think this is fake, do you know where he actually was?

The lighting is way off, manager looks considerably higher res than MT, MT looking idely in to the camera, Robinson squinting and looking in to the distance. I’m not saying he wasn’t there, just the photo looks fake, I may be wrong.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

My personal view on this is that every City fan has an affection for Matty Taylor because of the "coming from Rovers for a penny" and the general piss take that has seen us getting one over that lot.

If he goes then we should all wish him well, Oxford play that lot in a couple of weeks time and it would be good to see him bag a brace.

The problem he will have is the hatred from their fans, so i personally dont think he will be on the pitch that day.

Wish the guy well though, top bloke.

Not my view at all. When he signed I didn’t think from what I’d seen of him that it was a good signing, £300k or not. Or ex-Rovers. 

For a period of time I didn’t see a Champ striker / forward, but always wondered if he was a streaky scorer awaiting a streak. It never came due to other players ahead of him and niggly injuries. 

In 17/18 and 18/19 I began to notice other aspects of his play that changed my initial view. I genuinely think we fell away in 17/18 because partly not having Matty to come off the bench to  harass and press in the latter stages to either Nick a result or hold onto one. 

I do think he’s a Champ quality player, just not a top 8 one to start most games. He could easily play most weeks for a bottom to middling side.

It will be a loss to the training ground / dressing room if he goes.

His Rovers history has never had a bearing for me. 

I do like the song though!!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not my view at all. When he signed I didn’t think from what I’d seen of him that it was a good signing, £300k or not. Or ex-Rovers. 

For a period of time I didn’t see a Champ striker / forward, but always wondered if he was a streaky scorer awaiting a streak. It never came due to other players ahead of him and niggly injuries. 

In 17/18 and 18/19 I began to notice other aspects of his play that changed my initial view. I genuinely think we fell away in 17/18 because partly not having Matty to come off the bench to  harass and press in the latter stages to either Nick a result or hold onto one. 

I do think he’s a Champ quality player, just not a top 8 one to start most games. He could easily play most weeks for a bottom to middling side.

It will be a loss to the training ground / dressing room if he goes.

His Rovers history has never had a bearing for me. 

I do like the song though!!

Perhaps with all the changes of personnel, he might get another chance at BCFC? I'd like to see him get another go, he might work better with Afobe and co in the new system. 

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:
Jamie McAllister plays down talk of Matty Taylor returning 'home' to Oxford 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-coach-plays-down-3202809#ICID=ios_bristolpost_AppShare_Click_Other

Pretty much says it all................:cool2:

but there's nothing on the official site....

4 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

but there's nothing on the official site....

That’s pretty much what I was saying yesterday.....and guess what?........I got slagged off for having a reasoned view............:disapointed2se:

Some bloke reckoned that I was “talking shit again”.........jeez..........:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s pretty much what I was saying yesterday.....and guess what?........I got slagged off for having a reasoned view............:disapointed2se:

Some bloke reckoned that I was “talking shit again”.........jeez..........:facepalm:

Let's be honest Robbored, you'd get slagged off for whatever you post fella. Unfairly IMHO but that's my take on it. ?

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I go with the ‘audite semper altera parte.’ In pretty much any debate and if I have a different view then I comment on it. That’s what forums are for, aren’t they?  

Talka lotta shitta more like!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

I go with the ‘audite semper altera parte.’ In pretty much any debate and if I have a different view then I comment on it. That’s what forums are for, aren’t they?  

You’re deliberately controversial too, so it’s hard to tell when you genuinely hold silly opinions and when you are just being a WUM.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:
Jamie McAllister plays down talk of Matty Taylor returning 'home' to Oxford 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-coach-plays-down-3202809#ICID=ios_bristolpost_AppShare_Click_Other

Pretty much says it all................:cool2:

Only problem Robbo... this is the Transfer Forum, which is specifically for... rumours...

And some of them will turn out to be rubbish. BUT it is the whole point. So please **** off from this section. You dont like speculation, so you have no reason to be here.

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Only problem Robbo... this is the Transfer Forum, which is specifically for... rumours...

And some of them will turn out to be rubbish. BUT it is the whole point. So please **** off from this section. You dont like speculation, so you have no reason to be here.

Give him a free transfer 

26 minutes ago, Riaz said:

You’re missing my point Riaz.

Rumour is to be expected but to see certain posters putting 2+2=5 and claiming that’s correct is simply the wrong conclusion.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Rumour is to be expected but to see certain posters putting 2+2=5 and claiming that’s correct is simply the wrong conclusion.

You mean like

GJ + RR = conference manager ?!   :)

On 12/08/2019 at 09:34, Swede said:

I think he can still do a job for us. He always gives 100% and is a goalscorer.

He loves it here.

But, sadly, if he's not playing tomorrow night then that's an indication that he's off but all all it would take is a couple of injuries and suddenly we're short again.

Do we have a similar player to him, the answer's no, so why get rid?

Undoubtedly gives 100% and often improves the side when he is in it, but he is most definitely not a goalscorer and never has been during his time with City. It is time to give Semenyo Taylor's minutes, and then have Janneh ready to step up in an emergency even if he is not ready yet.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

not always the wrong conclusion - many people speculated that we would bring back the chelsea lads... and guess what...

1 hour ago, Newquay-Red said:

Undoubtedly gives 100% and often improves the side when he is in it, but he is most definitely not a goalscorer and never has been during his time with City. It is time to give Semenyo Taylor's minutes, and then have Janneh ready to step up in an emergency even if he is not ready yet.

That is a fair opinion. Would be good to see Semenyo start up top tonight with maybe Afobe or Diedhiou. We really need to see more of him. Looks a talent but he looked off the pace in the two home games last season. 

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is a fair opinion. Would be good to see Semenyo start up top tonight with maybe Afobe or Diedhiou. We really need to see more of him. Looks a talent but he looked off the pace in the two home games last season. 

I think with Semenyo he's very talented, the club seem more excited about him than any player I can remember (including Reid and Bryan) and he'd benefit from the minutes. 

Sometimes young players making their break in the first team just try a bit too hard. Overthink what they're doing and don't give an accurate representation of their ability.

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

not always the wrong conclusion - many people speculated that we would bring back the chelsea lads... and guess what...

Not the same scenario Riaz. 

All three Chelsea lads have been on loan at City, two of them a season long loan. The other less time on a shorter loan. All three knew the club and local area and all three showed enough to be wanted by City. All parties knew what they were getting.

The Taylor rumour was entirely based  on him watching his home town team and being seen chatting to Karl Robinson and some posters saw that as Taylor set to join Oxford. The wrong conclusion just as 2+2=5 is....

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not the same scenario Riaz. 

All three Chelsea lads have been on loan at City, two of them a season long loan. The other less time on a shorter loan. All three knew the club and local area and all three showed enough to be wanted by City. All parties knew what they were getting.

The Taylor rumour was entirely based  on him watching his home town team and being seen chatting to Karl Robinson and some posters saw that as Taylor set to join Oxford. The wrong conclusion just as 2+2=5 is....

Taylor was close to going out on loan. Taylor may still go on loan. That’s the words of LJ and Macca. 

So it’s not different. 

Archived