IGNORED

Matty Taylor - Confirmed - Joins Oxford on Season Long Loan

Jasper Testimitanu

On 13/08/2019 at 19:12, Robbored said:

Not the same scenario Riaz. 

All three Chelsea lads have been on loan at City, two of them a season long loan. The other less time on a shorter loan. All three knew the club and local area and all three showed enough to be wanted by City. All parties knew what they were getting.

The Taylor rumour was entirely based  on him watching his home town team and being seen chatting to Karl Robinson and some posters saw that as Taylor set to join Oxford. The wrong conclusion just as 2+2=5 is....

So whats 2+2 equal now?

On 11/08/2019 at 18:32, Robbored said:

So.......Matty Taylor was seen at Oxford United and some see that as a sign that he’s going to join Oxford........Has it not dawned on them that Oxford is Matty Taylor’s home town and he could well have been there to visit relatives or (god forbid) watching his home town team play?............:dunno:

How stupid do you look now....

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

I am loving the sags meltdown. There's a good chance that they'll still be waiting for their first league goal after the snake hits a hat trick.

Typical sags in another thread referring to Cheltenham Town as a "village side". Talk about a total lack of respect. They could learn a lot from Cheltenham Town but oh no not the Watney Cup wonder sags who have such a massive illustrious history and done so much for the game of football

Is it any wonder no one likes them.  

What? Cheltenham, with the vastly superior stadium to the Mem? That Cheltenham? 

Sorry to see him go but it’s understandable. Thought he brought us a different dynamic to what we have here atm, winding up the opposition and properly being a mongrel, annoying the opposition no end. Had a very decent touch and pass on him as well.  Maybe not good enough for top end Championship starting 11 but a decent squad player imho. Wish him all the very best, and the very very very very best on Saturday! 

Sags banging on that they'll now probably sell out Saturday...... Yeah, turn up to goad the snake but not to support their own team. Cockwombles the lot of them! Seriously, would you buy a ticket to see your team ONLY if an ex player was in for the OPPOSITION!? 

4 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Sags banging on that they'll now probably sell out Saturday...... Yeah, turn up to goad the snake but not to support their own team. Cockwombles the lot of them! Seriously, would you buy a ticket to see your team ONLY if an ex player was in for the OPPOSITION!? 

Sums them up. This is a team whose most exciting moment in recent history is one of our results don’t forget!  Sad ****s. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

So he leaves for free at the end of the season, I would have thought that the club would accept a loan up to January and then hope he got a Championship club to buy him .

:dunno:

No sell on for the Gas , if they had put one in the contract, is the only bright spot for me .

That's a shame about the sell-on. 

I would have enjoyed finding out they had a 30% sell-on clause.... for us to decide to sell him on for £300,001.

48 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Feel free to take two minutes out of your day to see Rovers reaction. A lovely meltdown with a sprinkling of trepidation thrown in:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14840/snake

They really can’t let it go hahahaha.

Love to see it.

A whole new generation has gone past with City being above them for nearly 20 years. I can’t see it changing anytime soon!

I’m 25 and I’ve not witnessed City and them in the same league together - that’s bonkers in itself. 

30 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Cant think of any other reason for them to go and watch rovers to be fair.

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So he leaves for free at the end of the season, I would have thought that the club would accept a loan up to January and then hope he got a Championship club to buy him .

:dunno:

No sell on for the Gas , if they had put one in the contract, is the only bright spot for me .

Possibly not relevant, but do accumulated  loan fees - or the loan fee part of a combined season loan with agreed purchase option - count towards such a clause?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Has the loan window re-opened then?

It wasn’t me who got it wrong James.............:cool2:

The loan window didn’t shut. Look at the OS.

No one got it wrong, people spoke about Taylor being at Oxford, a potential loan, you practically said we shouldn’t be discussing it as it could mean a matter of things, and it ended up meaning Taylor joining Oxford on loan as per original discussion. 

1 hour ago, RedEd73 said:

lmgas
Fans' Favourite

lmgas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 441 posts
about an hour ago via mobile Icegas likes this
Post Options

Post by lmgas on about an hour ago

I can see it being a sell out, bring it on, we won't have seen anything like this in a while - hopefully our players can do the business and then it won't kick off in the wrong way - he's going to need security like never seen down the Mem before!

The player I thought we were getting from the Gas, and the actual player Taylor was surprised me. 

I thought he'd be a bit like Tony Thorpe, not great anywhere other than in the box & was pleasantly surprised to see he was actually a better footballer than expected!

9 goals for us in 75 games doesn't look great, but he only started in 27 of those! 

He also got 12 assists which isn't too bad, 5 in his first half season here which helped us stay up, 2 the season after vs Palace & Man U on the cup run, and then 5 last season which was only bettered by Eliasson. 

Good luck Matty, especially on Saturday! 

Find it a bit sad that people would pay to go and watch a football match purely to abuse an individual if I’m honest. 

Best of luck to him and think he will do well there. Always worked hard for us but just not quite good enough for this level in my opinion.

Archived