Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Jasper Testimitanu

Matty Taylor - Confirmed - Joins Oxford on Season Long Loan

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

He’s leaving on loan to a league one club, he’s not needed at City hence why he wasn’t in the squad yesterday. It’s not like it’s its a first time regular who’s not leaving is it.....

So you’re itk then Selred.............:cool2:

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Taylor is a professional footballer and will undoubtedly know many people within the game. He could have been invited along, or is acquainted with the Oxford manager - possibly both.

WHy wasn't he in the stands at Birmingham like COD / Moore if he wasn't on the verge of moving on?

It's similar to when we have a player in the stand prior to signing.

• Thanks 1

LJ said yesterday that he had given him 3-4 days off to “get his head straight” after move to Championship club (Charlton?) fell through on Thursday

Likely to leave on loan to L1 

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

At Oxford, doubt many fans watch from the Tunnel! 

4D871001-9EFA-489A-8F4D-6E3F50CBB8C4.jpeg

Sums it up for me , spoken to him a few times loves it here , a lot of fans have lots of time for him ,yes  his song is sung as anti Rovers but also with a lot of affection , he’s a great character and has helped change games when come in a lot of times , I think he wanted the championship move if he had to go and will probably only go to league one on loan until Christmas , we will see 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

Looks more like a hostage situation to me, the kidnappers have released a pic to prove our man is alive (looks like he's had a hard time of it though) and a ransom demand will be coming our way sometime soon... 

The bastards,  dont they know Matty Taylor is a Red, is a Red, is a Red ? and He Hates Rovers!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Looks more like a hostage situation to me, the kidnappers have released a pic to prove our man is alive (looks like he's had a hard time of it though) and a ransom demand will be coming our way sometime soon... 

The bastards,  dont they know Matty Taylor is a Red, is a Red, is a Red ? and He Hates Rovers!!!

He’s even got his hands tied behind his back!

personally I think its far too early to be thinking of loaning MT anywhere. only takes one or two injuries in the same position to leave us with square pegs in round holes again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Taylor is a professional footballer and will undoubtedly know many people within the game. He could have been invited along, or is acquainted with the Oxford manager - possibly both.

Utter drivel 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Utter drivel 

Stevie, do you ever consider that there may more than one reason as to why Matty Taylor was in Oxford? It is his home town after all.

Its likely that he’ll be joining them but it’s not yet announced on the OS.......

Just now, Robbored said:

Stevie, do you ever consider that there may more than one reason as to why Matty Taylor was in Oxford? It is his home town after all.

Its likely that he’ll be joining them but it’s not yet announced on the OS.......

Oh  give it a rest. You’re chatting shit AGAIN 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

poor decision if true to let him go. we are hardly blessed with strikers who score shed load of goaks. 

Sorry but this confirms it to me that you really are a troll! Great work keeping it up for so long

Edited by The hand of RO'D

14 hours ago, Rocky said:

WTF? On the lash Friday, fell asleep in a taxi driven by a sag and woke up in Oxford, face says it all!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Bit like Bobby Reid being in south Bristol last week. Any number of reasons.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

So you’re itk then Selred.............:cool2:

LJ said he was close to a championship loan, which shows he’s not needed. Therefore a player not needed, in a tunnel of another club, with a manager, would 90% suggest he’s off there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

LJ said he was close to a championship loan, which shows he’s not needed. Therefore a player not needed, in a tunnel of another club, with a manager, would 90% suggest he’s off there. 

Yep......90%........

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep......90%........

Transfer forum. If you don’t like talking about potential players moving, until it’s on the OS, then maybe ask someone to block this section of the forum for you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Selred said:

Transfer forum. If you don’t like talking about potential players moving, until it’s on the OS, then maybe ask someone to block this section of the forum for you. 

I posted fairly recently that I’d reneged on my decision not to visit the transfer forum.

Recent footage of @Robbored trying to work out why he doesn’t understand that people on transfer section of forum talk about transfers. 

stupid lloyd bridges GIF

Edited by Selred
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

poor decision if true to let him go. we are hardly blessed with strikers who score shed load of goaks.

If Taylor were being kept here for scoring shed loads of goals, he would have been sold or loaned out a long time ago.

I think he can still do a job for us. He always gives 100% and is a goalscorer.

He loves it here.

But, sadly, if he's not playing tomorrow night then that's an indication that he's off but all all it would take is a couple of injuries and suddenly we're short again.

Do we have a similar player to him, the answer's no, so why get rid?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

He loves it here.

But, sadly, if he's not playing tomorrow night then that's an indication that he's off but all all it would take is a couple of injuries and suddenly we're short again.

I would say weimann in theory is a similar player to him, just to a much higher standard?

1 hour ago, Swede said:

He loves it here.

If he plays tomorrow night, surely any loan would mean he can't be transferred in January as a player can't play for 3 teams in a season can he?

I would imagine LJ would go pretty much full strength tomorrow anyway to allow the new players to bed in to our systems and get to know the players.

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

So.......Matty Taylor was seen at Oxford United and some see that as a sign that he’s going to join Oxford........Has it not dawned on them that Oxford is Matty Taylor’s home town and he could well have been there to visit relatives or (god forbid) watching his home town team play?............:dunno:

What rather than travel with the squad that pay his wages... don't think so do you really??

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If he plays tomorrow night, surely any loan would mean he can't be transferred in January as a player can't play for 3 teams in a season can he?

I would imagine LJ would go pretty much full strength tomorrow anyway to allow the new players to bed in to our systems and get to know the players.

He’s already played 10 minutes v Leeds. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

What rather than travel with the squad that pay his wages... don't think so do you really??

LJ explained why that was so

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s already played 10 minutes v Leeds. 

Of course he did Dave, my bad.

Surely then, any loan move would mean we could only sell him to Oxford wouldn't it?

2 hours ago, Swede said:

He loves it here.

He's useful to have as an option, but in my opinion not good enough if we're serious about top 6.

In his defence, he hasn't had a real run of games - but still think a club with aspirations of top 6 needs high calibre forwards.

Probably be very useful at L1 level though.

10 minutes ago, Unan said:

Look at the lighting on that photo.... obviously fake 

Why would there be a fake photo of Matty Taylor potentially moving to Oxford United 😂?!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

To get views, it takes 2 minutes to make 

Of all things though - Matty Taylor to Oxford United. Hardly transfer of the century. I don't think it's interesting enough to bother making a fake photo.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Of all things though - Matty Taylor to Oxford United. Hardly transfer of the century. I don't think it's interesting enough to bother making a fake photo.

It’s probably Oxford Mails most clicked story this weekend 

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

No, that dubious honour goes to the story about a parked car getting its wing mirror hit on Friday night.

4 minutes ago, Unan said:

It may well be, just think it's a bit far-fetched to suggest they'd make a fake picture! It's a very unexciting transfer.

1 hour ago, Unan said:

It’s a fake photo, they’ve used it but haven’t taken it 

I can't see anything wrong with it, is there some other reason you think this is fake, do you know where he actually was?

Well he is so far down the pecking order here cannot see any rhyme or reason to retain him, no matter what we all think about him as a person, or not.  5th choice behind AW,FD,AS, & BO . Will get pretty much zero game time and doubt make match day squad.  Good luck to him.  Good league 1 player. 

My personal view on this is that every City fan has an affection for Matty Taylor because of the "coming from Rovers for a penny" and the general piss take that has seen us getting one over that lot.

If he goes then we should all wish him well, Oxford play that lot in a couple of weeks time and it would be good to see him bag a brace.

The problem he will have is the hatred from their fans, so i personally dont think he will be on the pitch that day.

Wish the guy well though, top bloke.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't see anything wrong with it, is there some other reason you think this is fake, do you know where he actually was?

The lighting is way off, manager looks considerably higher res than MT, MT looking idely in to the camera, Robinson squinting and looking in to the distance. I’m not saying he wasn’t there, just the photo looks fake, I may be wrong.

Edited by Unan

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

My personal view on this is that every City fan has an affection for Matty Taylor because of the "coming from Rovers for a penny" and the general piss take that has seen us getting one over that lot.

If he goes then we should all wish him well, Oxford play that lot in a couple of weeks time and it would be good to see him bag a brace.

The problem he will have is the hatred from their fans, so i personally dont think he will be on the pitch that day.

Wish the guy well though, top bloke.

Not my view at all. When he signed I didn’t think from what I’d seen of him that it was a good signing, £300k or not. Or ex-Rovers. 

For a period of time I didn’t see a Champ striker / forward, but always wondered if he was a streaky scorer awaiting a streak. It never came due to other players ahead of him and niggly injuries. 

In 17/18 and 18/19 I began to notice other aspects of his play that changed my initial view. I genuinely think we fell away in 17/18 because partly not having Matty to come off the bench to  harass and press in the latter stages to either Nick a result or hold onto one. 

I do think he’s a Champ quality player, just not a top 8 one to start most games. He could easily play most weeks for a bottom to middling side.

It will be a loss to the training ground / dressing room if he goes.

His Rovers history has never had a bearing for me. 

I do like the song though!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Rocky said:

Looks like the photo should be accompanied with text saying that some 80s band are getting back together 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not my view at all. When he signed I didn’t think from what I’d seen of him that it was a good signing, £300k or not. Or ex-Rovers. 

For a period of time I didn’t see a Champ striker / forward, but always wondered if he was a streaky scorer awaiting a streak. It never came due to other players ahead of him and niggly injuries. 

In 17/18 and 18/19 I began to notice other aspects of his play that changed my initial view. I genuinely think we fell away in 17/18 because partly not having Matty to come off the bench to  harass and press in the latter stages to either Nick a result or hold onto one. 

I do think he’s a Champ quality player, just not a top 8 one to start most games. He could easily play most weeks for a bottom to middling side.

It will be a loss to the training ground / dressing room if he goes.

His Rovers history has never had a bearing for me. 

I do like the song though!!

Perhaps with all the changes of personnel, he might get another chance at BCFC? I'd like to see him get another go, he might work better with Afobe and co in the new system. 

• Like 1